Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 153 Posts

·
Shazaam
4,596 Posts
What happen to this?
It's supposed to be rwd. Lol Any updates?
You guys do realize that this is a huge undertaking that is not going to be completed in a matter of weeks or months? This car is going to take some serious fab work and R&D to get put together and the chassis needs to be prepped for it.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
You guys do realize that this is a huge undertaking that is not going to be completed in a matter of weeks or months? This car is going to take some serious fab work and R&D to get put together and the chassis needs to be prepped for it.
Not to mention i work 60hrs a week :rotfl:
It'll get done... just not over night or in a couple of weeks.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Also, i am waiting on the guy to make the plate to bolt the trans to the engine. I can't move forward without him making the plates. I can't cut on the firewall or even start making a custom k-member until then.

·
Shazaam
4,596 Posts
I knew that, but I didn't know if you were working on this every chance you got or what. I just remember there always being updates on the awd one, and it was about a week since the last word.
57trim(the guy doing the AWD build) is a mechanic by profession, I believe, so he has much more opportunity to work on it. Juanita is not lol. He also spends all his free time racing his moostang now

·
Lick it or Flick it
5,263 Posts
This will be sick when it gets completed. Someone should feature both 57trims and Juans when it gets completed. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I knew that, but I didn't know if you were working on this every chance you got or what. I just remember there always being updates on the awd one, and it was about a week since the last word.
No big deal man.
57trim(the guy doing the AWD build) is a mechanic by profession, I believe, so he has much more opportunity to work on it. Juanita is not lol. He also spends all his free time racing his moostang now
Yeah, matter of fact, this saturday we are going to T&T lol... looking to get 9.20s hopefully lol
This will be sick when it gets completed. Someone should feature both 57trims and Juans when it gets completed. :thumbsup:
That would be. And we are both from FL... i'm sure we will both meet up once i'm done.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
A little birdie told me that the wifey was looking at getting me this for Christmas
RWD K series PRO-JAY intake manifold.

Features;

- Custom plenum designed to maintain high air velocity and Better flow distribution

- Smooth transition between plenum and runners

- Taper Runner for high air velocity

- 8 injector set-up

- High flow –10 fuel rail

- 90mm Inlet Opening

- Pro-Jay low profile throttle body

- Throttle cable bracket

- A-356 T6 Heat treated Aluminum

- Wrinkle finish black powder coat

·
Lick it or Flick it
5,263 Posts
Is there a reason why it is only for a rwd K series application? Does that mean It would not work on a traditional fwd k?

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Some SFWD cars still run it... but on an RSX is very hard... because we have no room on the passenger side.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yea man that thing is aweeeeeesome.... I wish but i got a good ol RBC lol.

Anyways, I was a mechanic for a decade or so... and did a lot of research before i started. Also, did my car in segments so i could drive it.
1. gas tank
2. rear mounted with knuckles
3. front trans with a tcase and modd subframe
4. driveshaft.

I am a student waiting on my masters to start I am going to school for a Physician Assistant here at University or South Florida, but also married with 2 kids which limit time.

Juans swap might have less moving parts but it requires much more measuring, fabbing, removing of the inside, subframe, mounting rear, and a fuel cell, most likely a cage and rear suspension.
I would be suprised to see it completed this summer..... !!!

My stuff was all bolt on for the most part. I am still working on my car wagon shaft coming with DSS axles so the thing stay together.
We will meet at a local event I am sure lol, a feature. would be cool just picked me up a CF hood lol by the time he is done i will have a fuel cell and a built engine... lol (jk on the engine)

Good luck bro and taking easy once you cut the shit its not turning back so make sure you measure twice and stop and then measure twice more then cut. lol

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
didnt read through the thread , but how you thought of using the s2k tranny? theres already available k>f tranny plates
I haven't heard many good things about those transmissions. i'm sure if you dump a bunch of money onto it they'll hold... but I want an automatic anyways.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Yea man that thing is aweeeeeesome.... I wish but i got a good ol RBC lol.

Anyways, I was a mechanic for a decade or so... and did a lot of research before i started. Also, did my car in segments so i could drive it.
1. gas tank
2. rear mounted with knuckles
3. front trans with a tcase and modd subframe
4. driveshaft.

I am a student waiting on my masters to start I am going to school for a Physician Assistant here at University or South Florida, but also married with 2 kids which limit time.

Juans swap might have less moving parts but it requires much more measuring, fabbing, removing of the inside, subframe, mounting rear, and a fuel cell, most likely a cage and rear suspension.
I would be suprised to see it completed this summer..... !!!

My stuff was all bolt on for the most part. I am still working on my car wagon shaft coming with DSS axles so the thing stay together.
We will meet at a local event I am sure lol, a feature. would be cool just picked me up a CF hood lol by the time he is done i will have a fuel cell and a built engine... lol (jk on the engine)

Good luck bro and taking easy once you cut the shit its not turning back so make sure you measure twice and stop and then measure twice more then cut. lol
Thank you bro. I am sure we will meet up when my bucket is done...
Yeah... I know about the cutting haha... we will be careful ... cut in small increments lol.

You should build the motor and turn that bish up lol

61 - 80 of 153 Posts