Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 153 Posts

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
Flex plate, custom starter and K-series to SBC Th400/th350/Power Glide plates purchased
Awaiting them to arrive next week so that i can start cutting the fire wall.

·
Registered
336 Posts
DEEEEG! Hard son..... lol I can't wait for Jim to get the aluminum in so he can finish my shit!!! :)

Got spare axles like whoa!!!

·
147,272 Posts
Lookin' good

Just noticed the S2 trans part up top. They only hold about 400whp before they tend to break something, plus the gearing would be too close/short I'm assuming. Much better choices out there, such as the route you're going.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
^ for what I'm going for, yes. I need something with a few gears, long as gears, automatic, and bullet proof lol

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Most of the sound deadening is out of the car

I gotta remove some by the rear seats (or where they used to be, years ago lol) and in the trunk.
I'm waiting for the adapter plates to come in the mail.

·
Shazaam
4,596 Posts
Most of the sound deadening is out of the car

I gotta remove some by the rear seats (or where they used to be, years ago lol) and in the trunk.
I'm waiting for the adapter plates to come in the mail.
Looks like yours didn't come up so easily. When I hit mine with a rubber mallet after 30 seconds of dry ice it pretty much popped out in huge chunks with very little residue.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Looks like yours didn't come up so easily. When I hit mine with a rubber mallet after 30 seconds of dry ice it pretty much popped out in huge chunks with very little residue.
The driver side shown on the picture, no.
The passenger side yes, came out way easier and it way bigger chunks. The area by the pedals that kind of goes up on an angle was the worse part... kind of a PITA lol
This weekend i'm going to do the back seats and trunk... hopefully they aren't too complicated.
I used 12lbs of dry ice for the 2 front areas... i'm probably going to get the same about for the rear.

·
Shazaam
4,596 Posts
The driver side shown on the picture, no.
The passenger side yes, came out way easier and it way bigger chunks. The area by the pedals that kind of goes up on an angle was the worse part... kind of a PITA lol
This weekend i'm going to do the back seats and trunk... hopefully they aren't too complicated.
I used 12lbs of dry ice for the 2 front areas... i'm probably going to get the same about for the rear.
The trunk was by far the easiest part of my removal. It all came out in huge chunks and I just moved the ice from the upper portion into the spare tire well as the the sound dampening came up.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Next thing to delete are the wipers motor and wipers itself.
Debating keeping the radio and speakers... it's kind of the only thing that keeps me sane while driving this thing lol

·
Shazaam
4,596 Posts
Next thing to delete are the wipers motor and wipers itself.
Debating keeping the radio and speakers... it's kind of the only thing that keeps me sane while driving this thing lol
When I was still building mine I pulled the rear speakers and wires and just left the door speakers in. I figured it would be good enough while still saving a little bit of weight.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I just got the plates last night... gonna take some pics tonight.
Taking the car to my buddy's shop this weekend and might start cutting already.

81 - 100 of 153 Posts