Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
The plates are here. If everything goes smooth, i will start cutting the firewall this weekend.

This stuff seems very beefy and high quality. Can't wait.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)
**QUICK UPDATE**
i just towed the car to the shop and we spent some time looking at things and measuring.
The steering rack being on the firewall makes everything a pain in the dick... so we are considering cutting the firewall and moving it back towards the back of the car a couple of inches... this way it will help it clear the transmission without cutting too high onto the firewall and also without relocating the steering rack. Moving the rack under the motor would be a true PITA... because then your tie rods won't work with the nuckles etc... so we are trying to see what is the easiest and most cost effective way. We think moving the firewall back will be easier than relocating all that, buying another rack, making a custom steering shaft, etc... PLUS... moving the firewall back and moving the driver seat back will help with weight transfer a whole bunch... plus it gives me more room in the engine bay (my buddy thinks that eventually i will want to put a v8 in it... so he already wants to make more room in the engine bay even though i told him i want to always keep it k20 lol

We are thinking of modifying the stock subframe... basically cutting the back portion and leaving the rest of it alone... that way i can continue to use the stock A-arms, suspension, nuckles, etc. It sucks because i wanted to make a chromolly k-member but right now, in order to keep it "budget" ... it will work best this way. I wish i had a ton of money and i'd make it a tube chassis on the front as well... and shave a stupid amount of weight as well as create a lot more room... but oh well. That'll be another project.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Yeah it'll be easier to move it back than to try to figure out where to put the rack, making a new subframe, new A-arms, etc.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The guy thats doing it here locally wont spill the beans Juan I tried to get the info on the rack relocation some people are like that. I am sure you will get it done!!!

101 - 120 of 153 Posts