Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
Relying on someone else is as bad as digging your own grave. I got that d/p welded and mocked up, just waiting on my dump flange and tubing. Then I can weld that up too.

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
^^ heck ya man. you are dumping to atmosphere right?
Yessir, I bought a diy self piping and flange kit. I will be doing it myself, my dad gave me his welder about a month ago, so I been fucking around and welded up your old d/p to fit my setup. I got pics but haven't felt like putting anything up on clubrsx. lol. Im also debating getting angled steel and welding up my oen battery tray for under the passenger headlight.:shady:

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Yessir, I bought a diy self piping and flange kit. I will be doing it myself, my dad gave me his welder about a month ago, so I been fucking around and welded up your old d/p to fit my setup. I got pics but haven't felt like putting anything up on clubrsx. lol. Im also debating getting angled steel and welding up my oen battery tray for under the passenger headlight.:shady:
oh nice. i wish i knew how to weld :(

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
I used to work at a glass plant as a maintenance mechanic and learned how to weld there. But im rusty cause it's been nearly 5 years since i've done it. It beats relying on others to get the build done tho. I hate depending on people and paying people for something that I am damn near positive I can do.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Oh yea definitely.
I've welded pretty decent actually when i worked in HVAC right out of HS. We used to weld the copper pipes for the AC units. But we used an oxygen & acetylene torch ... it's kind of easy. But i've never used a MIG or TIG.
I wonder what i can actually weld with it... lol

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
Oh yea definitely.
I've welded pretty decent actually when i worked in HVAC right out of HS. We used to weld the copper pipes for the AC units. But we used an oxygen & acetylene torch ... it's kind of easy. But i've never used a MIG or TIG.
I wonder what i can actually weld with it... lol
See and I sucked at the copper piping, I couldn't get the flux where intended. lol. I would give it a shot man, either you'll burn holes or weld too cold and stick. LOL, I just welded up the mid pipe and damn was I making holes. So when I finally get a day without snow, cold and what not, imma grind all the welds down to smooth it out. I use stick welder. Mig is soo much easier tho.

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
My little lincoln mig is cake to use. A little practice on scrap metal to figure out the heat and you are golden.
I think imma buy a mig, it's way easier than my fucking stick.

you guys and your welding are making me jelleh lol
lol, don't be :jelly: , jump on the bandwagon and start welding now, like I said you won't need to depend on anyone else to get er done.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yea I can MIG but with my luck all the shit I have always welded is either: dirty, not cut right, fill the holes, weld on the ground, weld upside down. weld through some glue........ etc.

Welders will know what the problem is with the above ^^ lol

I can never seem to sit down on a welders table, secure everything tight so shit doesn't move and weld like its supposed to be welded.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Oh i remember when i used to weld with the acetylene torch... we had to clean the freaking copper pipes like a mofo... we used to sand paper them real good... otherwise the metal wouldn't stick to it.

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
Yea I have been getting the temp range dialed in. Been burning holes and filling holes, lol what a p.i.t.a. Juan, I think my problem with the copper piping was just that. I never cleaned the damn shit. I really wish I had a mig welder, so much easier to weld exhaust tubing.

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
it would be a pain in the dick sometimes. Because you are working in VERY limited space... basically between the outside wall, and the AC condender. There is usually about a foot of space... and you have to weld in there lol it was not fun.

·
Sleepers Crew!
1,220 Posts
it would be a pain in the dick sometimes. Because you are working in VERY limited space... basically between the outside wall, and the AC condender. There is usually about a foot of space... and you have to weld in there lol it was not fun.
lol, atleast hvac is worth doing. The pay would convince me to do it. lol

·
Banned
31,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
No sir. Been spending time testing the mustang on the streets and getting it ready for TX2K15 this week.
When i get back i will order a chromolly cage for my car.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yea I wanted to go to that TX2K stuff but too damn far to drive without a truck and trailer. Racecars break if you know what i mean lol

121 - 140 of 153 Posts