Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your opinion, what is a cool sounding exhaust, but not loud. Its for the base rsx.

Or, a loud exhaust with a silencer? How does that sound?

Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just put a DC sports TCS on my RSX saturday.. goddamn it sounds good :)

no its not loud, its deep throaty *cough*

I also have a V2 intake which is very big..not sure if this attributes to the sound or not..but I can say that combo sounds exactly like how I wanted it.

not only that but the TCS looks mean as hell

·
Registered
27 Posts
sawwbuzz said:

I also have a V2 intake which is very big..not sure if this attributes to the sound or not..but I can say that combo sounds exactly like how I wanted it.

Have a pic of that mean looking TCS?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
eling99 said:
im waiting on my HKS Hi Power Exhaust. Here is a link to HKS demo video. The exhaust is on a Type R. Here it is. http://hksusa.com/products/?id=715
check it out..u might like it. it also comes with a silencer. If you like it, go to www.rpmmotoring.com i got it for $494 shipped...the cheapest that i have found.
That sounds awsome bro. Thanks. Thats perfect. I wanna hear more to compare. Does anyone have a better sounding one?

·
Banned
2,698 Posts
RSXmuscle said:
That sounds awsome bro. Thanks. Thats perfect. I wanna hear more to compare. Does anyone have a better sounding one?
I have a Greddy EVO2...It has a throatier sound then the HKS one. It's not really loud, but it has a nice deep noise to it. I can hear it from idle (barely) up till about 3500-4000rpm, where it is noticable, then my intake sound takes over up till redline in the cabin. As far as outside noise, I dont know...my friend will have to tell me! :laughing: I'm very happy with my purchase...awesome!

·
Registered
58 Posts
ResidueRSX said:
I have a Greddy EVO2...It has a throatier sound then the HKS one. It's not really loud, but it has a nice deep noise to it. I can here it from idle (barely) up till about 3500-4000rpm, where it is noticable, then my intake sound takes over up till redline in the cabin. As far as outside noise, I dont know...my friend will have to tell me! :laughing: I'm very happy with my purchase...awesome!

i thought the greedy didnt fit base rsx.

·
Banned
2,698 Posts
timbo4656 said:
i thought the greedy didnt fit base rsx.
Greddy should have released the EVO2 for the base buy now. I bought the one for the type-S for future reasons. When i got mine, I was told that the one for the base model was going to be released 2 weeks afterwards...that was about 3 weeks ago.

If they never released it, you can do what i did and get the one made for the S and use the 5zigen adapter or have one made at a muffler shop for about the same price.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
sawwbuzz said:

I had the TCS for my Civic and it was just right, not too loud (it did not drone) and not too quiet. It was just right, deep and throaty like you want it to be. The only downfall I see on this exhaust is the weight factor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts