Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Built Not Bought!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been looking at ^ these fourms all day and I feel like im the only 1 with this problem.. *pics coming soon* i was driving my car 1 day and i noticed the temp rise 3/4 for 5min and then dropped (i was on the highway) when i got home i figured the coolant was low and decided to add some.. i started the car and let it ran for 10min everything was great.. i added some to the overflow and went inside when i came out 10min later there was a big trail on my driveway.

NOTE: i recently replaced the radiator hoses clamps, car doesnt have a theremostat bc i took it out it was rusted shut hence y i bought a new radiator. car was running fine for a 3months untill now

the leak is coming from the right front side of the engine (if youre facing the car) on the intake side.. its leaking on the block down and over the tranny.. looks like its from the intake manifold I havent had too much time to take it apart because i work but im scared to drive it because it might get worse.

ive heard that my block could b warped, blown gasket, etc. i cant tell if there are any hoses under the manifold but i need as much input from you guys as possible if anyone could help because i dont have the time to go and tear it apart myself.. please help!

im hoping its just a hose or something that needs to be threaded again!

sorry for the long post but in case im not on for a while i wanted to answer any questions you guys might've had in my absence

·
Registered
80 Posts
Before adding anymore coolant and wasting money, clean everything in the area till it is dry. Start the car again and let the coolant system run and build pressure and start inspecting everything to see if there are any leaks.

Double check your clamps and drain plug on the radiator.

But why would you buy a new radiator if your thermostat was the problem?! You should have replaced that when you did the radiator.

·
Built Not Bought!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i rented this cooling tester thing that builds pressure in the cooling system so i could verify the leak.. im home now but im losing sun so ill mess with it in the morning

the top/bottom hoses are brand new
clamps are new
radiator is new

question.. could driving without a thermostat cause this?!
ever since i took it out ive been meaning to replace it but i notice the car runs cooler and the temp never reaches middle unless im in traffic but when i drive the temp falls again so ive been puttin it off 4 some time..

ill make another post by tomorrow night after work and let you know if i had any luck
wish me luck

·
Built Not Bought!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found where the leak is but have no idea on how to stop it.. its not from a hose or connection between anything

its from this black metal pipe.. everytime I squeeze the upper hose it pisses out almost.. no idea what i could use to stop it from leaking..

the only thing i can think of is to weld it to the metal bracket it was connected 2.. its literally behind the throttle body just above where the tranny presses with block

·
Built Not Bought!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i found where the leak is but have no idea on how to stop it.. its not from a hose or connection between anything

its from this black metal pipe.. everytime I squeeze the upper hose it pisses out almost.. no idea what i could use to stop it from leaking..

the only thing i can think of is to weld it to the metal bracket it was connected 2.. its literally behind the throttle body just above where the tranny presses with block

·
Bundy :cry:
7,633 Posts
you have to add coolant to the radiator, not the overflow tank... and you should replace thermostat for proper cooling system operation, not just take it out...
also most likely you didn't tighten the clamps somewhere properly - the first area I would check and make sure you also burp the system properly after a major overhaul, like radiator replacement. chances are you still have air bubbles in the system.

·
Built Not Bought!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pics will b up ina few days.. its pisses out from a metal hose painted black.. i sanded it down to metal n put some JB Weld on it this morning.. ill try it out 2m morning

ive been driving the car 4 months.. never had a leak issue, then all of the sudden its raining coolant.. smh i triple checked hoses clamps caps everything..

the metal hose its leaking from has a short hose going to the throttle body to the right of the hose is where the metal pipe bends..(leaking here)

im working alot this week so im trying to keep up with posts.. PICS R COMING

·
Built Not Bought!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:vtec:pics will b up ina few days.. its pisses out from a metal hose painted black.. i sanded it down to metal n put some JB Weld on it this morning.. ill try it out 2m morning

ive been driving the car 4 months.. never had a leak issue, then all of the sudden its raining coolant.. smh i triple checked hoses clamps caps everything..

the metal hose its leaking from has a short hose going to the throttle body to the right of the hose is where the metal pipe bends..(leaking here)

im working alot this week so im trying to keep up with posts.. PICS R COMING

·
Built Not Bought!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The leak is coming from the pipe thats connected to the throttle body inlet hoses (bottom TB inlet hose) I have a pic but I can't upload it from my phone

·
Built Not Bought!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Bańned
12,106 Posts
http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=RSX&catcgry2=2003&catcgry3=3DR+BASE&catcgry5=WATER%2BPUMP&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no

Illustration #13 "Pipe,Heater" is where the leak is coming from I was wondering how easy is this to take it off.. I noticed it runs underneath the intake manifold and was kinda hoping i wouldn't have to take that off.. It's been raining in Florida so should I let it go to the shop or wait and do it on my time depending on difficulty..
thats kind of up to you. i dont know how comfortable you are with car work but just judging from your post, youre still in a beginners stage of learning, no offense to you at all.

i would say take it to a shop if youre not comfortable with it. if you have to remove the IM then its gonna be a pain in the ass to deal with. on the other hand, the shop is going to rape you on labor.

i still vote, take it to a shop

·
Registered
80 Posts
In your case, yes take it to a shop. The work itself is pretty easy but time consuming as you would have to take the intake mani off to get everything under out in the open. Also, check that the clamps are on properly.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Screw it man, I say dive on in cause that's the only way you'll learn and it will save your ass from taking it to a dealer. Get a thermostat, distilled water and some water wetter it will help you car run cooler.

·
Built Not Bought!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My fans still come on.. If I turn on the a/c fan the temp drops even lower.. I took ^^^ advice and jus started taking things apart. Found out it was the pipe that had rusted out from the throttle body hoses leaking water on the pipe.. I replaced the pipe oring and throttle body hoses.. Now she's back to normal and I'm doing a system flush within the week..

·
Built Not Bought!
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I needa post some real pics later I'll start a new thread keep a look out fellas.. And thanks for all the input on my problem!

·
Registered
4 Posts
PLEASE HELP!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts