Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
livin' for lateral g's.
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note: This does not belong in the Bitch forum, as I am not bitching about this; merely informing.

So, as some of you know I waited quite a long while for a shop by the name of Acutech in San Bruno, CA to get a new crankshaft and bearings put into my type S. Well, on the 13th day of having it after finally coming out of their shop, I started it up only to notice something severely wrong. It ran all of about 30 seconds before I felt the engine start to seize up. Luckily I was going about 3mph and I shut the engine off and coasted to the other side of the intersection. I popped the valve cover cap and didn't see a damn drop of oil inside. All of it had leaked out. After I hitched a ride to a Kragen and bought some RP to drop in her, she started up...but along with a metallic whirring noise between 2300-2800 RPM, which is now well up to 3500 RPM. I've also noticed an increasing loss in torque and gas mileage.

That night simpleDC5 and I performed an emergency oil change that took 2 or 3 hours because the oil filter had been screwed on way too tight by Acutech. We tried all manner of tools before I finally bought a $20 heavy duty monkey wrench and wrenched that bitch off. Turns out there are metallic specks in that oil filter.

The manager of Acutech refuses to take responsibility for the oil leak or the internal damage resulting in the loss of performance and gas mileage. The invoice states an "overhaul" of the engine was performed, along with the crankshaft/bearing replacement. So I'm wondering just how the hell is he not responsible. According to him, the leak is coming from the oil pressure switch, which didn't leak before the work he did, which screams "his responsibility" in my mind.

I'm left with no recourse but to go to the Bureau of Automotive Repair, file a complaint, and possibly sue him. For now, however, my k20 feels like a b18c1. Fucking horrible. :thumbsdow

I'd advise anyone considering using Acutech's shop to rethink it and go to someone more honorable....

·
Banned
4,449 Posts
Sue them.

·
Murderator
23,101 Posts
lawsuit ftw

1 - 10 of 10 Posts