C6 Corvette owners wanting to seriously upgrade have quite a few choices. Companies like Lingenfelter, Callaway, and Pratt & Miller can turn the C6 into a vehicle capable of taking on the world's best supercars. Not to be left out, Detroit-based Specter Werkes/Sports launched its GTR package for the C6 Corvette last week that features an extensive carbon fiber widebody kit, heat extractor hood, Stoptech brakes, Forgeline or HRE wheels, Corsa exhaust system and more. The customer of the first C6 GTR also opted for Specter's Matrix II engine package that includes a stroker engine increasing displacement from 6.2L to 6.8L and boosting horsepower to 545 bhp and torque to 530 lb-ft. More details on Specter's GTR package and this particular car's features can be found after the jump.
[Source: Specter Werkes/Sports via Jalopnik]
Specter Werkes/Sports unveiled the first C6 Corvette GTR at Cauley Ferrari, in West Bloomfield, Mich. Wearing signature wide bodywork, suspension upgrades and equipped with a Matrix II LS3 V-8 rated at 535 emissions-legal horsepower, it was built for Rollie Purifoy, of Purifoy Chevrolet, in Fort Lupton, Colo.
The all-new, C6-based Corvette GTR retains the intrinsic character of the Corvette, augmenting it with appearance, performance and luxury enhancements. It is a distinctive and exclusive sports car with exceptional capability, whether on the street or track.
The GTR package is available on all C6 Corvette models, including the base coupe and convertible, the Z06 and ZR1. Orders are being accepted immediately, with product and ordering information available at www.spectergtr.com or 248-583-9559.
"We are very proud to launch the C6 Corvette GTR with Rollie Purifoy, from Purifoy Chevrolet, and Jeff Cauley, from Cauley Chevrolet and Cauley Ferrari," said Jeff Nowicki, Specter Werkes/Sports founder. "The new GTR offers enthusiasts everything they're looking for in a sports car – performance, great looks and guaranteed exclusivity."
The GTR's expressive, widened bodywork is complemented with the use of exposed carbon fiber details. Standard and optional GTR features include:
• Unique GTR bodywork, including: front fascia, carbon fiber splitter, extractor hood, front fenders, doors, rocker panels, rear fenders, rear fascia, carbon fiber rear diffuser, carbon fiber mirror caps, Cleartastic paint protection, paint and assembly
• Custom GTR headlamp bezels with exposed carbon fiber appearance
• Unique tail lamps and center high-mounted stop lamp
• Michelin Pilot Sport 2 Zero Press tires; 285/30ZR19 (front) and 335/25ZR20 (rear)
• Forgeline or HRE wheels; 19-inch in the front and 20-inch in the rear
• StopTech ST60 front brakes and ST40 rear brakes
• Carbon fiber fuel rail covers and carbon fiber, low-restriction air box
• Hotchkis stablilizer bar kit
• GTR-embroidered seats and serial-numbered dash plaque
• CORSA/Specter stainless steel performance exhaust system
• GTR badges
The Corvette GTR package carries a base price of $34,995, with a variety of high-performance powertrain options available for additional cost. Custom paint treatment is also available. Each vehicle is hand-built, numbered and fully documented for the customer.