Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ME LOVE U LONG TIME
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

So just like Pratt and Millers C6RS 600hp Track vette, Katech is offering their own beast of a machine for the track enthusiasts. Purpose of this car is to Combat the GT2 Porsche, Lamborghini's Gallardo models, Ferrari's f430 scud and the viper ACR.

Some technical/performance highlights:

Brembo® Gran Turismo Brake Kit
Two-piece cross-drilled rotors significantly reduce un-sprung rotating mass; front six-piston monobloc calipers squeeze 14-inch rotors; rear four-piston monobloc calipers pinch 13.6-inch rotors

Moton Clubsport Suspension
Double-adjustable coil-overs enhance power-to-the-pavement delivery while offering seven individually adjustable rebound and compression settings; system is specially tuned by Moton engineers and SCCA World Challenge professional driver Andy Pilgrim

Katech Performance ClubSport Wheels
15-spoke, single-piece forged aluminum wheels (18x9.5-inch front; 19x12-inch rear) further reduce un-sprung rotating mass; finished in attractive gray powder coat

Michelin® Pilot® Sport Cup Tires
Enhance grip and handling while reducing total mass (285/30R18 front; 325/30R19 rear)

Katech Performance Appearance Package
Carbon fiber front splitter improves aerodynamics and is complemented by a matching carbon fiber rear spoiler that improves downforce; lift-off carbon fiber World Challenge hood vents the engine compartment, reduces weight by 50% and provides more downforce; ClubSport racing stripe on front fenders and rear fascia identifies vehicle as an exclusive Katech Performance creation

Halltech Killer Bee™ Air Intake
Carbon fiber intake designed specifically to complement Katech Performance's carbon fiber valve covers

Katech Performance Exhaust System
Lightweight 18-gauge stainless steel design incorporating X-pipe, two lightweight mufflers, over-axle pipes and CORSA® quad tips; reduces weight and produces a deep, racecar-like tone while maintaining a civil pitch on public roads

Exedy Twin-Disc Clutch
Reduces drivetrain mass and makes for easy rev-matched downshifts

Braille Battery
All-season; reduces weight in the rear

Weight
2,825 lbs. fully optimized

Power to Weight Ratio
5.28 lbs./horsepower (fully optimized)

Horsepower
approx 535hp

·
Banned
1,877 Posts
i don't even like vettes, but that thing is sexy

·
Schrodinger's handywork:
1,990 Posts
So your saying it has 600hp at the engine and 535hp at the wheels? Can anyone comment on how Corvette compares against Porsche, Ferrari, ect.. in racing? I take it this is built for GT-1 racing at Le-mans and similar events?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
very nice vett.... and damn 19x12in wide wheels...that huge. Glad that theirs a tuner with some taste

·
28,748 Posts
So your saying it has 600hp at the engine and 535hp at the wheels? Can anyone comment on how Corvette compares against Porsche, Ferrari, ect.. in racing? I take it this is built for GT-1 racing at Le-mans and similar events?
The Z06 that this is based upon has 505 hp. The Viper has ~600 and the ZR1 has ~640.

·
ME LOVE U LONG TIME
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
No Pratt and Miller who makes the C6RS which basically is the GT1 Lemans car for the street, that one produces 600hp. Link below
http://www.corvetteracing.com/history/2007releases/general/racing5.shtml

This car in the first post is a z06 modded by Katech for the Track Enthusiasts which makes 535 hp less extreme than the C6RS made my Pratt and MIller.

In terms of comparison between Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo, a stock z06 can handle a 997 Porsche TT, Ferrari F430 and Lambo Gallardo.

A ZR1 (638hp) factory car will pretty much out pace a 997 GT2 which it already did on the ring. Dont know vs a Ferrari F430 Scud or Lambo Gallardo Superllagera or lp560 or w/e its called.

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
Wow thats one mean ass machine. Love to see and hear it go around the track

·
Absolute Pro-Formance
15,515 Posts
I am drooling right now. No, really... I am drooling.

·
thisdancegetstheladies
4,750 Posts
looks sweet. a lot better then that z06 gtr bullshit. the name along with the way it looked kinda ruined it.

the rims exactly like the ones from the aston martin DBR-9

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.