Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Be ViviD!
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving to work yesterday, a huge ball of smoke trailed behind my car and i started to freak out. I stopped at a traffic light and my engine oil light came on, so i quickly turned off the road and turned the car off. I checked my dipstick, no oil. I looked under my car, oil evrywhere. :noes:

So then i called Acura TLC people and they sent a tow guy. 2hrs later, he never came. Called again, another guy came in 20min. So when i got to the dealer they said my oil drain plug wasnt there. The guy asked, "Where'd you get your oil changed?" I told him right here. He bust out, "No WAY!"

I got the manager involved and he was so sorry. He told me he understands that i lost his trust and he wanted me to know that he's gonna reprimand the technicians. That really does nothing for me missing work so he cleaned my undercarriage, hand washed my car, gave me my upcomming $400 45k service for free, and a FREE TANK OF GAS!:laughing:

I expect stupidity like not tightening a bolt from some cheapo place but not the dealer. Everything checked out fine since i turned my car off immediatly so it was all cool.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
One word: LUCKY

It's a good thing you stopped quickly. I am curious though as to how long these motors can run w/ out any oil before they seize up....who knows---if you'd ran it a little longer, you might of got a new car out of them.

The Acura Dealership of all places---what idiots.

Glad they hooked you up. Yet this reminds why I do ALL the maintenance work on my own car...so if it's wrong, I know who to blame.

-J

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
While driving to work yesterday, a huge ball of smoke trailed behind my car and i started to freak out. I stopped at a traffic light and my engine oil light came on, so i quickly turned off the road and turned the car off. I checked my dipstick, no oil. I looked under my car, oil evrywhere. :noes:

So then i called Acura TLC people and they sent a tow guy. 2hrs later, he never came. Called again, another guy came in 20min. So when i got to the dealer they said my oil drain plug wasnt there. The guy asked, "Where'd you get your oil changed?" I told him right here. He bust out, "No WAY!"

I got the manager involved and he was so sorry. He told me he understands that i lost his trust and he wanted me to know that he's gonna reprimand the technicians. That really does nothing for me missing work so he cleaned my undercarriage, hand washed my car, gave me my upcomming $400 45k service for free, and a FREE TANK OF GAS!:laughing:

I expect stupidity like not tightening a bolt from some cheapo place but not the dealer. Everything checked out fine since i turned my car off immediatly so it was all cool.
I would not have taken that deal, in 5000 miles when your motor blows, he'll say sorry, we rectified this issue last month.

·
PC Load Letter?
8,345 Posts
How does that even happen. You would think that when they move the car from teh service area they would notice the large trail of oil following it out to the parking lot. Craziness.

·
PC Load Letter?
8,345 Posts
Actually now that I think about it, they probably just didn't tighten it down....at all. And so it would work itself out and there you go.

1,493 Posts
I would not have taken that deal, in 5000 miles when your motor blows, he'll say sorry, we rectified this issue last month.
yep, it may have seemed like a good deal at the time, but the wear that was caused from running without oil will definitly come back to rear is ugly head

·
Registered
112 Posts
Any oil starvation will have caused accelerated wear on the cam and crank bearings, no matter how quickly you shut off the engine.

While it may not seize in 5000 miles as suggested in the post above, I suspect that you or the future owner of that car will be enjoying VTEC in 30k + miles and be surprised when it seizes then.

·
American HP!!
25,617 Posts
that happened to me a while back with my neighbor machanic. He had the shop next to where I use to work & I would let him change my oil due to my laziness factor.

Never Again!!!!! I am the only one who will work on my car now, if someone is going to fuck it up, it's going to be me.

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Any oil starvation will have caused accelerated wear on the cam and crank bearings, no matter how quickly you shut off the engine.

While it may not seize in 5000 miles as suggested in the post above, I suspect that you or the future owner of that car will be enjoying VTEC in 30k + miles and be surprised when it seizes then.
11k, holy shit, you caught an over rev on camera

in for more pics and/or video.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
that happened to me a while back with my neighbor machanic. He had the shop next to where I use to work & I would let him change my oil due to my laziness factor.

Never Again!!!!! I am the only one who will work on my car now, if someone is going to fuck it up, it's going to be me.
TROOF.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.