Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
i had a very small crack from a pebble on my windshield too. I went to pepboys and bought one of their windshield repair kits. The used to have branches of the crack spreading and after the kit, the branches are gone. so now it only looks like a permenant water spot.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I went to a glass shop for the first time that happened but then two months later another rock hit my windshield and it cracked from the top of it all the way to the wiper blades...

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Will glass places do repairs? I have just a small chip on the glass but I don't need the glass replaced but at the same time don't want the chip to get larger. Thoughts?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm sure they do reairs too. "small" is a relative term, so ask the pros at the shop if you're better off getting the whole windshield replaced. I suppose you won't have to if the chip is superficial, but if it is deep that could compromise the integrity of the glass.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I think that my insurance covered it but if they didnt it would have been like 30 or 40 dollars. When I got my whole window replaced it cost 505 dollars.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
we have met life group coverage at work that I am getting ready to switch to. They replace any glass for free... no deductable.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
I'll see if I can take a photo of the chip, it's really superficial. It's about 1/4 of an inch near the top of the windshield. It hasn't changed since the super cold weather and snow and ice so it may just be that I am overreacting,...as I frequently do when it comes to my cars. :)

·
fob, DDS
3,365 Posts
so... where is this glass shop?
does it say 'glass shop'? damn it i have no idea.
help out a fob please

·
Registered
84 Posts
This winter has abused my windsheild beyond belief. It has a chips in it from top to bottom and from left to right. I am just waiting for it to crack.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
park2086 said:
so... where is this glass shop?
does it say 'glass shop'? damn it i have no idea.
help out a fob please
Could probably just look in your yellow pages under Auto, Glass, things like that. Or you could always go to your dealer and maybe they can recommend someone since I think glass repair is usually not done in-house (at the dealer).

·
master synchro mesher
293 Posts
i have state farm insurance and they covered the deductible for a chip fill (so it was free to get it fixed). if you have to get the windshield replaced, they will make you pay your non-collision deductible (mine is $200 i think).

·
fob, DDS
3,365 Posts
EternalBlue said:
Could probably just look in your yellow pages under Auto, Glass, things like that. Or you could always go to your dealer and maybe they can recommend someone since I think glass repair is usually not done in-house (at the dealer).
thank you sir. :)
oh yeah, and thank you for kindly explaining that 'in-house' means 'at the dealer'. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts