Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,797 Posts
It the crank pulley bolt a left or right tread? I just cant seem to get the bastard off with my IR2130 impact gun.
Regular tread iirc. I used a two foot long steel pipe on a breaker bar to hold the pulley in place and another two foot long steel pipe on the crank pulley remover tool/breaker bar to crack that son of a bitch off. It took me about 10 minutes of super grunting and yanking and screaming and yelling and other stuff on my own to take it off. Crank Pulley Bolt > Impact Guns...

·
no longer blown ;(
6,576 Posts
if you look in the helms it specifically says not to use an impact gun. anyways it is a regular direction thread and it is torqued down to 180ft/lbs. you will need to buy the cp holder tool. i bought on online for like 25 bucks. then you need a big ass breaker bar. i used a 3 1/2 foot breaker bar and it came off pretty easy

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
There was a thread on this a while back.

As was said, definitely regular thread.

I finally got the one off my gfs Integra using 2 breaker bars (pulley tool, bolt).

I let the one wedge up against the lower control arm and pushed like hell on the other. I pulled something but I did break it loose.

·
Registered
13,797 Posts
Definately; I felt my spine crack like I was at the chiropractor and every muscle seemingly rip

·
Registered
535 Posts
you can use an impact gun to remove, but not to tighten. if you use a good impact gun, you wont need to jam the flywheel.

when i was working on my A2 head swap, i had a friend of mine bring his 3/4 truck nut-removal impact gun and took mine off in less than a second...that was after a week of trying the impossible to get it off by hand, extension bars, less powered impact guns,etc...

Tony

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
Hmm... The service manual for my gfs Integra doesn't mention that you shouldn't use an impact gun on the pulley nut.

I tried unsuccessfully to loosen it with at least two different impact guns.

When I put it back on, I used my shitty electric impact gun and a 130lb-ft torque limiting bar. (130lb-ft is the spec for that B18).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts