Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
3rd to 2nd

yep - my boy hit the money shift on his base RSX...probably just shy of $2K.

It still ran well on 3 cylinders so I was hopeful nothing was serious.. There was no noise or knocking, tapping, pinging, etc... I ruled out the plugs, then ruled out the coil packs by swapping them. Figured out that there was no idle change on cylinder #4 (driver side) when I unplugged the fuel injector and there was a huge difference when I unplugged 1, 2 or 3... SO, I took apart the fuel rail and popped out the injectors. Took them to a carb shop and they rebuilt / cleaned/re-flowed them to where they all had great spay patterns again, like new. ($15 each!) Put it all back together and it did run nicer, but still nothing on cylinder 4...
Ran it on 3 cylinders to the shop for a compression test. 0 on #4. 125 on 2 & 3... Looks like its time for new valves, etc and a machined head.

:vtec:

·
Registered
9 Posts
pain continues...
head removed.
Valves replaced.
Head re-installed.
Timing off.
Chain was stretched...
Chain replaced.
Re-assembled
Low compression on an entirely different cylinder
Head removed AGAIN
When they started it before they replaced the chain, it skipped a tooth and bent another valve..
Valves being replaced...again.
Hopefully - it will go smoothly this time when they go to re-install. Ahhhh! At least they were upfront and honest about everything.

·
Registered
22 Posts
does this look like really bad frame damage? i dont know how to tell damage level from pictures. Wondering how bad this is on a scale of 1-10? Also could this be fixed and made well again? thanks in advance. 14217594_7X.JPG

·
Registered
58 Posts
]A few days a go lady rolls a stop and hits me . An adjuster hasn't come out yet we both have insurance, I'm hoping hers pays for the damages. Do you guys think they will pay ? my car is an 02 type s with 180,xxx.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
473 Posts
I hit a deer this past year with similar damage, yours is slightly more impacted but had same parts needing replacement, same spot too. I forget how much it was to fix now.. something like 1k-1.5k. So I don't think it will be labeled as totaled.

Why wouldn't you think she would pay? You should always call the police and do an incident report. You will have to do one anyway so minus well have the cop do all the work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I hit a deer this past year with similar damage, yours is slightly more impacted but had same parts needing replacement, same spot too. I forget how much it was to fix now.. something like 1k-1.5k. So I don't think it will be labeled as totaled.

Why wouldn't you think she would pay? You should always call the police and do an incident report. You will have to do one anyway so minus well have the cop do all the work.
Oh and we called the cops right away , took the police department nearly a month to release the full report .. Neither insurance has wanted to admit who was at fault ... I'm waiting till Monday to see what they say since they have the report now ..

·
Registered
31 Posts
crash

My baby died a horrible death last week. Someone pulled out from a stop sign and I T-Boned them going about 40mph.
The insurance company says its a total loss, they estimated the damage to be around $8000. Right now they are offering me $5000 and if I want to buy the car back it will be $1000. I'm working on them trying to get the buy back price lower. Do you guys think it is even worth buying back? The only aftermarket parts I have are motor mounts, CAI, and a 5zigen exhaust.

http://imgur.com/a/Wzirh#0

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
so i got rear ended the other day, nothing too major but i was wondering how or if the insurance will cover my mugen rep. rear diffuser. the guilty party admitted fault so would they replace the diffuser?
I've always been told find the reciept or proof of purchase of the part with the price and they can add it. Otherwise you'll have to try and talk them into adding it on.

·
#avgrsx
27 Posts
1st Wreck

Hey just wanted to share my story. I was on a highway on-ramp and looking over my shoulder for a break in traffic so I could merge, and the people in front of me had come to a stop at the end of the on-ramp. By the time I looked back forward, it was too late to prevent a collision. I had time to brake, but not much. Hit them doing about 20mph maybe. It was a late model Fiesta and I managed to scrape up their bumper cover some. Virtually no damage to their car other than scratches. We were amazed lol. But my rsx got the short end of the stick unfortunately. No frame damage, I think. The condenser and my Mishimoto radiator and fan shroud got crushed, so they are probably toast. A/C hoses and stuff got all bent up as well as some bracers that the radiator and all that attach to. Here's a couple pics to give you an idea of the damage:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jesus this thread gave me the feels.
My EK hatch was stolen by some meth heads here in Honolulu. Thankful the HPD found my car 15 hours after it was stolen. Picked it up at like 3:30 AM. Front bumper tied on by shoe strings (litterally) busted out locks. Missing half the interior. They were on the way to strip the car and burn it. Insurance didn't cover a cent :rest took allot of hours and not much money but fixed almost everything an just sold it when I picked up my RSX.
The RSX has some front end damage but nothing to bad. Needs allot of work to be perfect again but it's a great daily an it cost less then $2000 for an up to date clean title RSX. Need a new AC unit installed, both front finders are dented, had to get a new hood, bumper is not pritty, need to delete the passanger airbag, replace the driver airbag and head light lower mount on the passanger side. Think I'll do some work on it today actually. Good luck all

·
Registered
606 Posts
Stolen 02 mr type s

Please if anyone has any information on my car that was stolen out the Davie, FL area PM or text me 954-twothree5-17five0

·
Registered
606 Posts
Recovered at 2am today but without my kpro, my quick release and my shift knob. Broken steering column and they pulled out my passenger window to get in. Looks like when they got it they literally drove it like they stole it because the engine oil pan was cracked, so possible blown engine. Just know when the tow truck initially lifted it, oil came pouring down the flatbed. I suspect they cracked the oil pan on one of the many speed bump/sleeping police man in the community and then took what they could when the car crapped out cause the car was not that far from where it was stolen and doesn't look like it left Davie. They took other misc items too, gauges etc...petty theft. Soemone just took what i worked hard for because they didnt have it for themselves. Was not a theft for big money profit just fucking lazy thieving little kids.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Recovered at 2am today but without my kpro, my quick release and my shift knob. Broken steering column and they pulled out my passenger window to get in. Looks like when they got it they literally drove it like they stole it because the engine oil pan was cracked, so possible blown engine. Just know when the tow truck initially lifted it, oil came pouring down the flatbed. I suspect they cracked the oil pan on one of the many speed bump/sleeping police man in the community and then took what they could when the car crapped out cause the car was not that far from where it was stolen and doesn't look like it left Davie. They took other misc items too, gauges etc...petty theft. Soemone just took what i worked hard for because they didnt have it for themselves. Was not a theft for big money profit just fucking lazy thieving little kids.

Dam that really sucks. Keep us posted

·
Registered
606 Posts
Yea i found out later that there were supposed to be 2 Kpro units in my car, mine and my friends. He was tuning my car and used his kpro and left mine in car, becasue mine was having connection issues with the USB (connect/disconnect often, was supposed to send back to Hondata this week), i knew i had his but he forgot to tell me he left mine in the car. So i'm down 2 kpros actually. i have pics i'll post later...this is more annoying than anything else. All i have is my haltech unit left but no ignition module not getting any power to car, no idea what else is wrong with it.

201 - 220 of 250 Posts