Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
エアロキット&#
2004 Acura RSX Type S Milano Red
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright well,
I really like the way angled exhausts look- especially on supras and evos and what not.

an rsx isnt meant for an angled exhaust setup, and having piping go under the axle w/an angled exhaust on an rsx is just "posing" as a evo, supra, sti or whatever(in my opinion).

so, an rsx's exhaust goes along the passengers side of the car (underneath) and goes over the axle and goes straight out.

Now, picture an older DA integra or crx, they have exhausts that run along the passenger side, and go over the axle, and then comes next a muffler and then the piping after the muffler goes out on the drivers side. (stock setup)

So here is an crx with a invidia exhaust with that set up, where the piping goes over the axle and straight to the drivers side where the muffler is, like this:

the most "angled" look you can get from a rsx exhaust (hks) will look like this:

do you think if you got custom piping along the drivers side, then over the axle and then a straight pipe out the passenger side (exact opposite of the crx) would that work?

I like this idea, because there isnt any unecessary bends in the pipe to give the "angled look" but just piping rearranged pretty much.

Would this decrease air flow? There is only like another foot of piping, the only difference.

·
I am the Redout Guy!
160,221 Posts
The point of the angled exhaust is the reduce bends, not add more like you are wanting to do. Just don't do it. If you really want that angled look, sell your rsx and get that crx.

·
Gold Member
1,158 Posts
the only reason the pipe is like that on the crx is becaus the crx stock canister is right in the middle thats why its able to do that...them old integra's are like that too...

·
Registered
851 Posts
So...can you explain where exactly the piping of the rsx exhaust goes over the rear axle????:rotfl: :rotfl:

What you want to do will decrease performance. There is a reason the tips are angled on some cars and a reason it is not angled on the rsx.

·
Registered
333 Posts
the hks has the angled look for reduced bends for greater power but on some cars it doesnt work that well bcuz they dont have any bends to be reduced-they jus make an extra bend at the end to make it good-i agree it looks good but in the end u'll think its too ricey, i really like them 2 but i agree its jus not for the rsx-this useless bend at the end happens to the rsx-ur best bet is jus goin wit larger piping bcuz the rsx is restriced a little too much in that department i think- i prefer buddyclub

·
エアロキット&#
2004 Acura RSX Type S Milano Red
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nrzforce:
YOU are WRONG- that exhaust is NOT a megan racing one- its a hks hi-power...

if you look closely you will see a decal that it says "hi-power" above it.

sorry for saying rear axle, your right, its over the lca, is that better?

·
Thug Life
2,231 Posts
just run it straight under the axle, fuck the posing supra evo idea you had. It's less restrictive and looks better if you like the angle look.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.