Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
WAHHHH!!!
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im 18 full time college student and have worked at the same place (bestbuy) since i started working when i was 16. ive been good at saving money over the past 4 months and i feel comfurtible now with the money im sitting on to start building my credit. I feel good about my ability to pay payments as well (i gave it a try by having my mom buy me a lap top on her card and i payed her they payments ontime everytime) and i am consistantly saving 350-450 a month.

Now im looking at geting a credit card/loan so i can start building some credit while geting what i want for my car.

I am planning on geting a swap for my base, i have saved up and i need another 2k to complete the saving and get the swap.

I was wondering what are my best options are? i dont want the payments to extend over 12 months, and i dont want to spend so much on interest that it defeats the purpose. This is mainly so i can gain credit while geting what i want and by all means if its not a good idea ill just go back to saving up even though it sucks.

thanks for your time cause thats a lot to read.

·
More go less show
967 Posts
you will want any installment loan(mortgage, car loan, furniture) to exceed 18 months for it to make a true impact on your actual credit rating. anything shorter will not improve it any significant amount. i would recommend a car loan of atleast two years to really get you on your way. that along with a credit card or two will create a good history for you. just make sure that you are able to make all the payments and dont max out all your credit cards(no matter how tempting those cams/turbo are lol).

·
WAHHHH!!!
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol ive already decided on a swap for a number of reasons , mainly insurance and the fact ive put to many miles on my base to get a good trade in, it would end up costing the same for the swap.

alright well thanks for the information guys, im now decided on wether or not im gona go with Wamu or Bank of america.

·
Registered
488 Posts
If it would end up costing the same for the swap, then it would be a much smarter move to just get the S. Your insurance shoudnt go up that much more.

·
WAHHHH!!!
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The honest truth of the matter is that it would piss off my dad and he pays for my college, so i just dont want to start anything with him cause hes one of those "why do u need more power so u can get tickets faster?" kind of guys. Plus its more fun to do a swap, why not save some money on insurance? and i already have leather enterior so i dont need to worry about missing out on anything.

edit: and i forgot to mention it was my first car and ive already put effort into it modding it the little i have and im very attached to it BACK OFF!

if you can think of a way to get around all that then by all means POST IT!

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
lol ive already decided on a swap for a number of reasons , mainly insurance and the fact ive put to many miles on my base to get a good trade in, it would end up costing the same for the swap.

alright well thanks for the information guys, im now decided on wether or not im gona go with Wamu or Bank of america.
WAMU

1 - 8 of 8 Posts