Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
k24/k20 NA Monster
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys was at the shop yesterday and started going to town. we ended up just taking the head off the block and going to install the new valve train and the itbs, anyways any questions just ask, we got the head off yesterday and got the valve springs and retainers off and put on side of valve springs and new retainers on. Monday we will finish everything up.. anyways here are some pics
chad

Attachments

·
Old School
3,823 Posts
Props for a crazy install. Hopefully everything goes well. Keep us updated with your work.

·
Little engine that could
5,122 Posts
chad_everson said:
yes i will dyno when im done. i will be getting it dyno tuned. i will be cutting a hole and putting a sti hoodscoop on it..
chad
:drool: Can't wait for dynos...

·
k24/k20 NA Monster
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update

ok guys just waiting on a few fitting for the car then we will be done. right now if everything goes right and unless i get called into work, the 24 of this month im going to torque freaks to get dyno tuned so i will post the results then.. anyways here are a few pics..

chad

ps yes it does clear the hood fuel rail misses by lil over 1/4" horns miss by lil over 1/2"

Attachments

·
k24/k20 NA Monster
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im a lil worried bout that being as close as it is im going to take it on a few easy runs if it doesnt hit im going to run it hard and hit some bumps and if that doesnt hit im going to leave it alone if it does hit then im just going to cut out few peices of the skeleton with will make more then enough room, either way you do not have to cut a hole in your hood

chad

·
Because Racecar
1,994 Posts
chad_everson said:
im a lil worried bout that being as close as it is im going to take it on a few easy runs if it doesnt hit im going to run it hard and hit some bumps and if that doesnt hit im going to leave it alone if it does hit then im just going to cut out few peices of the skeleton with will make more then enough room, either way you do not have to cut a hole in your hood

chad
thats really good to know that we will clear the stock hood, manufacturers should really get their facts straight before hand

·
k24/k20 NA Monster
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they are but i wanted to have some fun with the rsx until the chassis on the hatch gets done

chad

yeah i was shocked that it fit. i had a cf sti hood scoop that i was going to use.. so now i dont have to use it i get to get my money back from it :)

·
riiiiiiight
2,405 Posts
how much did the TWM's cost you?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts