Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
No, this is NOT a thread asking the difference. This WILL be a thread SHOWING the difference. I should have the brian crowers in my hands TOMORROW! I will be installing them soon and posting up my results after I get tuned at church auto, with a comparison line on my dyno graph of my previous setup of Crower Stage 2 cams.

This thread will be dedicated to the difference of Crower Stage II 3/4 Race NA cams vs. Brian Crower Stage II 3/4 Race NA Cams on a FULLY BUILT SETUP!

I also have on order a new Hytech Header and soon to purchase Kteller 3" Exhaust piping with accompanying exhaust of unknown brand (because I haven't decided). I can't put the Hytech on until I get a 3" exhaust though because the header is being custom made to 3" collector and flange. So with that being said, the results of the dyno you will see in the upcoming time will be on a DCRH with a 2.36 free flowing Exhaust. If you're curious about all my mods (if you don't already know) please click on my car domain link as I'm too lazy to post them all here.

And so it begins.

*Edit*

Cams are in my possession. They get installed this thursday and I'm goin to church on saturday for tune and results!

*Edit 2*

AND THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!

Blue line is the CROWER cams. Green line is the BRIAN CROWER cams.

As you can obviously see I gained 10 ft/lbs at peak and lost 11hp at peak. BUT there were gains all throughout the board on both ends, the best showing as much as 20 ft/lbs of torque in the lower rpm range. The car feels great in the daily driving aspect and I don't necessarily feel much of a difference higher up. The crossover is MUCH more pronounced now, as far as audible queue goes. I'm pleased with the results but also upset at the results because this put me farther from my 300hp goal, BUT it's entirely possible that the exhaust is holding me back that much more now. I don't know for sure, I couldn't tell you. But here you have it, what we've all been waiting for. Now for my Hytech and 3", coming up on the next episode of Kevin mods his ride! *Video coming soon*
So just to clarify...the top set of numbers are the CROWER cams. The bottom set of numbers are the BRIAN CROWER cams.

New Dyno

This is from the dyno day that was held at church's at the end of June. This is showing the difference from my old 2.25"ID exhaust to a thermal 3" exhaust on the Brian Crower cams.

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cant wait for results. lol i thought crower and brian crower were from the same company
Brian used to work for his dad but something happened and he split off from him, forming Brian Crower. His cams have a different profile and long has been the wonder of just how different they are and where the power lies with his cams over crower cams.

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome, more brian crower goodies for you :) why not weld in a 3" e-cutout vs. doing the whole 3" exhaust thing and have unbearable noise?
I plan on finding out ways to cut the noise without cutting the power. Besides, I'm getting a second car this week (old FC RX-7) that I get to work on and get running again and that will be my DD and I'll turn the RSX into a track car.

And yes, more Brian Crower goodies for me but the biggest reason I finally decided to get these cams was for YOU GUYS! You wanted a comparison between them so I'm steppin up and providing one. as good of one as I can anyway.

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Already have an update, sounds like we'll be doing the install next tuesday AND the guy helping me is probably going to be setting up his webcam for the install to do a time lapse.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
damn man ur car is one of a kind... prodrive is not something ive ever seen or heard anyone else using on their cars... sick shit... so these news cams are better than BS III cams too? im behind on NA mods... and how does Hytech header comapre some others like BC?

·
Big Pimpin
15,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
damn man ur car is one of a kind... prodrive is not something ive ever seen or heard anyone else using on their cars... sick shit... so these news cams are better than BS III cams too? im behind on NA mods... and how does Hytech header comapre some others like BC?
It's custom made per my build, talked with john at hytech to get it all setup and everything. buddyclub headers are, as far as I know, cookie cutter headers essentially. Not saying they're bad, not at all. Just not what I was looking for.

BS III cams?

·
Registered
258 Posts
GO HYTECH!!!....and i think the guy meant Buddy Club Spec 3, though i may be wrong. can't wait till you get em installed and the results come out. Sick motor build btw.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts