Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Not Plugged In
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any experience with crower valves [1mm+ overbore], retainers, and springs? I'm going to install them on my car with HKS camshafts. I heard crower cams can break easily do to their grinds and how they aren't manufactured by machines like HKS, instead more by humans. I've seen a lot of crower cams broken at the shop. I was just wondering what you guys think about their valve train... i was going to use HKS valve springs, but their weights aren't enough even though they say they work with HKS cams.. Ferrea valves are a little more then I can afford. I'm using this for a boosted vehicle.

·
Registered
235 Posts
MYRSXCOM said:
anyone have any experience with crower valves [1mm+ overbore], retainers, and springs? I'm going to install them on my car with HKS camshafts. I heard crower cams can break easily do to their grinds and how they aren't manufactured by machines like HKS, instead more by humans. I've seen a lot of crower cams broken at the shop. I was just wondering what you guys think about their valve train... i was going to use HKS valve springs, but their weights aren't enough even though they say they work with HKS cams.. Ferrea valves are a little more then I can afford. I'm using this for a boosted vehicle.
I use Crower valvetrain in all of our cars..I recommend highly :thumbsup:

I also have numerous vehicles running Crower cams; none of my Customers or I personally have ever broken a Crower cam..

My 2 cents :D ..

·
Not Plugged In
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maybe its just on dsm's they break on or the shop just over torques it.. not sure

everybody recommends hks for my car though.. at least for cams

·
Registered
235 Posts
MYRSXCOM said:
maybe its just on dsm's they break on or the shop just over torques it.. not sure

everybody recommends hks for my car though.. at least for cams
you should be fine with Crower or HKS..they both make high quality parts.. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.