Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1241 - 1260 of 1854 Posts

·
Master Member
5,059 Posts
thanks guys...

only 16 an hour to start... so a fair bit less than i used to make. however the room for growth here is far more. soooooo over time it'll work itself out. just going to be rough for a while. they do an evaluation after 90 days so maybe something there, but every year after. sooooooo who knows how quick i can get it to move up.

15 is kind of the average start for a no experience machine type job... soooooo i've got a slight head start i guess.

there wasn't a mention of pay differential on shifts so i dunno... i know that's super common but i wasn't told anything.

·
ICUStalking
10,162 Posts
well... i have a job.

i kinda gave a run down in a group chat thing, but here's a recap of what took place. i went in and took the test/filled out an application first. the test was about seven f'ing pages which was insane... there was how would you deal with the issue questions, math, tools, etc... felt overwhelming but wasn't too terrible. after all of that i sat for 45 minutes... they put me down the same time he was set for a meeting. i guess they thought it would be quick but whatever. interview only lasted about 15 minutes... but it went well. he was apparently impressed with me on the test as well as how we talked... he basically told me he wanted me in that interview. while he talked he said well what i'm thinking makes me nervous... which made me wonder what the hell he was meaning... well he then told me i think i'm going to recommend you for b shift (not a fan of the hours... but it's 5:30pm to 5:30am monday through thursday so 4 12s at 46 hour weeks) i said ok... then he went on to say that he is going to look at putting me on a 6 axis machine that runs one of their most expensive parts they produce. i sat there thinking uhhhhhhhhh pardon? right off you want me on some expensive shit????? i said to him, long runs i take it? he said yea... 4 days for one part. i sat there thinking ok soooooooo if i fuck up it's royally bad and i'll probably be shit canned hahhahah. i didn't know what to say... i was pleased he felt i was knowledgeable enough to go after it or freaked the hell out that i could do something bad pretty fast. he then said thanks for coming in and stuff, someone from hr may reach out to you with an offer.

after that i left, went to another place to fill out an application and a test, while i was mid test the folks from hr called and offered me something. i had a lot of questions, told her where i was and that i'd like to call her back later. she said sure and i ended up talking to her this morning. i haggled a bit for a little more money, got a little more... and i start orientation the 22nd.

soooooooooooo i'm basically employed again... kind of a nice feeling, but also freaked out about a huge change in my life yet again. :noes:
:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
430,511 Posts
better than having no job, suck just sitting around all day at home. even if you have a few things to do or work out, not working wears you out sometimes

now if you win the lotto, that would be diff

·
Master Member
5,059 Posts
16 bucks an hour in kansas is like 50 in a real state (not that my state is a real state) so that's good for you.
:rotfl: shiiiiiiiiiiiiit... 16 an hour here is about like low 20s else where i imagine. i think mcdonalds here is at 12 or something.

Well there goes Seff posting in here. He'll be sleeping.
Glad you have a job man. Fuuuuuuck that "B" shift. blah
Hope they move you off of it soon.

Zombie time!
really doubt i'd be off of it any time remotely soon. usually in things like this from everything i've heard from folks i know in aircraft around here you've gotta be there 5 to 10 years before places will give you a crack at the normal day shift. :dontknow:

the shift i think will suck, however... no ac in the building i don't think so perhaps night shift could be better lol. it's already been in the mid 90s and humid here.

·
Master Member
5,059 Posts
better than having no job, suck just sitting around all day at home. even if you have a few things to do or work out, not working wears you out sometimes

now if you win the lotto, that would be diff
indeed, that was a highly stressful time for me mentally. constantly worried about money, making things work... what to do day to day... etc. i did get a good deal of projects done in that time. before i start i want to get my alarm squared away now.

·
Master baiter
11,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,251
:rotfl: shiiiiiiiiiiiiit... 16 an hour here is about like low 20s else where i imagine. i think mcdonalds here is at 12 or something.

really doubt i'd be off of it any time remotely soon. usually in things like this from everything i've heard from folks i know in aircraft around here you've gotta be there 5 to 10 years before places will give you a crack at the normal day shift. :dontknow:

the shift i think will suck, however... no ac in the building i don't think so perhaps night shift could be better lol. it's already been in the mid 90s and humid here.
Until winter time. :noes:

·
Master Member
5,059 Posts
75% of the shops wont have a/c... knew that going in and knew i'd hate life. i honestly don't know yet if this place does or does not. only tight tolerance shops will... which the a/c will only be in play to keep the metal from expanding or contracting to throw shit off.

keep in mind... average allowable tolerance on these fucking items is 0.005"

·
Master baiter
11,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,255
75% of the shops wont have a/c... knew that going in and knew i'd hate life. i honestly don't know yet if this place does or does not. only tight tolerance shops will... which the a/c will only be in play to keep the metal from expanding or contracting to throw shit off.

keep in mind... average allowable tolerance on these fucking items is 0.005"
There's no A/C in our shop as well.

·
Super Moderator
430,511 Posts
i gotta have ac anywhere, i dont do hot weather well.

1241 - 1260 of 1854 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.