Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

581 - 600 of 1210 Posts

·
Master baiter
11,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #584
They really do fuck you when you work a good amount of OT. Found that shit out when I was like 19-20. 2 week pay period, worked something like 120 hours total, damn near wasnt worth it after the fucking state/feds extorted me.
Yep.

1/2 of my wifes pay is "bonus" type. they tax the HOLY FUCK out of it.
I'm like, why can't they up your salary instead of paying you with these bonuses.
Fuckers.

·
ICUStalking
10,175 Posts
Yep.

1/2 of my wifes pay is "bonus" type. they tax the HOLY FUCK out of it.
I'm like, why can't they up your salary instead of paying you with these bonuses.
Fuckers.
If they upped her salary to meet the bonus level, and did away with the bonus shed be taxed the same. Either way shes making the same money, and the % rate is based on the highest they can hit you with on that check-assuming thats your check every pay period even if sometimes your check is less than half that amount.

Though Im sure your old ass knows this already. :fistbump:

·
American HP!!
25,612 Posts
Holy fuck

no man, I banked......

Then the second go round I was basically just stealing from that company. One Sunday I spent the whole day watching the Key West boat races. The whole day & I got paid for it!! lol.

·
Master Member
5,065 Posts
:fistbump:

Got another nice raise this year (3 weeks ago) and Ive got enough going on where Im always making 40-42hrs/week (avg 38.5 before) so the checks are looking a lot better.

Which is great considering wifeys hours are changing again in about 2 weeks when the kiddo starts school.

ANNNNND good for around March when the truck and a loan I have is paid off (In Feb but need a month for it to reflect on my credit report) so I can buy a muh-fuggin Benz. :hb:
congrats on the raise, didn't realize you were doing under 40 dude... that's odd. salary or hourly?

i'm waiting to see this new car, i've kept up on reading but haven't really posted hahahah.

Paycheck will look nice until the government gets a hold of their share...
oh i know... i used to work a lot of 50+ hour weeks when i started and the year after. this year has been the slowest for my area for some reason. i know i'll see about 1/3rd of what i should or so... but whatever extra is extra i guess.

speaking of OT....Only time in the last 20 years I was hourly was a couple weeks ago when I worked in the Keys after Hurricane Irma.....That 1st week I put in 115hrs!!! In one week!!
fucks sake...

·
Master baiter
11,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #589
no man, I banked......

Then the second go round I was basically just stealing from that company. One Sunday I spent the whole day watching the Key West boat races. The whole day & I got paid for it!! lol.
Fawk yeah. Good going man.

Vette parts!!!

·
ICUStalking
10,175 Posts
congrats on the raise, didn't realize you were doing under 40 dude... that's odd. salary or hourly?

i'm waiting to see this new car, i've kept up on reading but haven't really posted hahahah.
Yea my avg when work is slow for me is 37-38.5 or so. Leave 15 mins early, take a slightly longer lunch. When Im bored here, thats what happens.

I have basically 3 options for cars.

Buy something 10-12k or less now. And maybe a toy next spring.

Wait till spring and find a dealer that has both a toy I want and a daily I can live with and get both. I was hoping to buy a toy in cash next spring, which I probably could if I stick with the Mini Cooper idea. But yet again, wifeys boss is vague as fuck about her hours, and dicks her around a lot. So theres no gaurantee in that.

Wait till spring when the truck and my personal loan are paid off and buy a MUCH nicer daily driver. Something thats enough car to satisfy that toy itch till I can afford both a nicer daily and nicer toy.

Which is why Ive arrived at a used Mercedes CLA250 4Matic or an Audi A3. Both are 4cyl/awd and DCT autos with over 200hp.

Budget at that point would be $20-25k and there are plenty right now at that price point.

By that time Ill have paid off enough debt to free up $7-800/mo and one of those cars should cost around $400/mo give or take $50.

Then of course, a few months after that, another raise. :hb:

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

Vette parts!!!
Your jeep going to be ready for our November ride? im going to start back on mine next month after i get my diesel truck trans back together.

·
147,270 Posts
Got drafted for OT today but thankfully relieved after 90min
Fuck staying to midnight with long sleeves, vest, and 113°
speaking of OT....Only time in the last 20 years I was hourly was a couple weeks ago when I worked in the Keys after Hurricane Irma.....That 1st week I put in 115hrs!!! In one week!!
Used to work 110hr weeks in Key West for 3mos straight.

Worst.
Decision.
Ever.

·
American HP!!
25,612 Posts

Vette parts!!!
Yeah man, not that I get that bonus there are a few things I'm going to get.

Top of the list are wheels & tires for the Vette. My rear tires are just shit at the moment.

Then probably a 1911 & maybe a new tattoo.

581 - 600 of 1210 Posts