Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1209 Posts

·
147,270 Posts
Finally on my weekend, waiting on chick to get done so we can go riding & try to find me a sofa. Also getting tempted to trade the GSXR in on a Harley Roadster lately
watching The Rock (Nicolas Cage/Chemical Weapon movie) and i have seen this movie before, but just realized that the agent of the British Special Force is Scottish......wtf lol
Don't forget all his Bond movies.
Not on Netflix so I guess I need to buy that movie now
:love
oof
miss the days of working on a boat

·
147,270 Posts
Like the way they look in pics, haven't seen one in person yet
Also digging the Iron 1200 & Forty-Eight's, so who knows
Just need to chill with how I've been riding on the current bike. Most likely just going to keep it and add a Harley along side it.

·
Master Member
5,064 Posts
i got word from the doctor this week. the bacteria that we tried to kill off a few months back with my normal doctor is dead and gone from my stomach so that's a plus. i tested negative for the gluten allergy so that's also a plus. leaves me with the acid reflux shit for sure though... that part sucks and like anything, good days and bad. the new med he has me on for it seems to help... didn't yesterday but normally does seem to help.

found out last week i have termites, had someone come out today for an estimate and he showed me a hell of a lot of places in my garage where they are... sucks.. almost 900 bucks to get them killed off for a year, then 300 the following. probably going to have to do it, although really didn't want that bill.

bought some computer parts to get my girlfriend a rig with some used gear going on... the last few parts showed up today. she has no clue, so that'll be a fun surprise to her later today. i have to go by her place before she's home and i'm going to put everything out on her desk so when she walks in it's a wtf moment lol.

got asked about the rx7 my buddy has again, he's wanting to sell it again... really wants me to buy it... told him after my hand settlement happens i may jump on it if he's willing to wait so we'll see what happens there. things are a toss up in my brain as far as what i need to do, but from what i see them sell for and what he's offering me it's hard to ignore.

·
Master baiter
11,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,049
i got word from the doctor this week. the bacteria that we tried to kill off a few months back with my normal doctor is dead and gone from my stomach so that's a plus. i tested negative for the gluten allergy so that's also a plus. leaves me with the acid reflux shit for sure though... that part sucks and like anything, good days and bad. the new med he has me on for it seems to help... didn't yesterday but normally does seem to help.

found out last week i have termites, had someone come out today for an estimate and he showed me a hell of a lot of places in my garage where they are... sucks.. almost 900 bucks to get them killed off for a year, then 300 the following. probably going to have to do it, although really didn't want that bill.

bought some computer parts to get my girlfriend a rig with some used gear going on... the last few parts showed up today. she has no clue, so that'll be a fun surprise to her later today. i have to go by her place before she's home and i'm going to put everything out on her desk so when she walks in it's a wtf moment lol.

got asked about the rx7 my buddy has again, he's wanting to sell it again... really wants me to buy it... told him after my hand settlement happens i may jump on it if he's willing to wait so we'll see what happens there. things are a toss up in my brain as far as what i need to do, but from what i see them sell for and what he's offering me it's hard to ignore.
Nice that he is willing to wait. I'd like to see you get it as well.

sucks about the stomach issues, but Khoa will be glad you don't have Gluten allergies. LOL
Hope they get it all figured out man.

·
ICUStalking
10,175 Posts

Omeprazole for the acid reflux?

And whats up with this hand settlement? Did I miss something?

·
Master Member
5,064 Posts
Nice that he is willing to wait. I'd like to see you get it as well.

sucks about the stomach issues, but Khoa will be glad you don't have Gluten allergies. LOL
Hope they get it all figured out man.
It is nice to see he's willing to wait, but i've got concerns in my head.
1. if i can afford to get it, can i afford to maintain it?
2. mileage on the motor is unknown and he hasn't done a compression test so no telling how long it'll last.
3. being it's my dream car will this ruin what i've dreamed of all these years?
4. where the shit am i going to store this thing if i do it?

I'd love to have it, and i know i could most likely sell it and make money in the long run but i wouldn't feel right making money off of it when he gave me such a deal.

Khoa hopefully will be pleased lol we'll see what he thinks now lol.

Omeprazole for the acid reflux?

And whats up with this hand settlement? Did I miss something?
Looks like i've got Pantoprazole, guessing the generic version of the same thing? It seems to help some of the time. I've had days i don't even notice anything out of my normal stomach aches buuuuuut whatever...

Hand thing is what happened almost right at a year ago. They wanted me sanding parts in my machine which i fought because the shit wasn't at all safe... part spinning between centers (center drill size up front and anywhere from half an inch hole to 4 inch hole in the other end) wobbling around... holding sand paper on the shit to clean up marks. (polish department was fucking up parts) sand paper caught on the part, rolled into itself, grabbed 3 of my fingers on my left hand and pulled my hand into the part... i came very close to losing some fingers that day. I still have scars on the top of my hand, i've lost about half the grip strength i used to have, can't completely roll my middle finger all the way in... etc etc etc... well the insurance folks are trying to pay me off to go away basically... soooooo i had to get a lawyer and that's been going on since about 4 weeks after the initial incident. I'm tired of dealing with it honestly. I've seen 3 doctors now, waiting on the report from the last one last month that the judge ordered me to see... then things should wrap up. For what i've went through i'm not being offered near what i should in my eyes but i have no clue what my guy is gunning for.

·
ICUStalking
10,175 Posts
It is nice to see he's willing to wait, but i've got concerns in my head.
1. if i can afford to get it, can i afford to maintain it?
2. mileage on the motor is unknown and he hasn't done a compression test so no telling how long it'll last.
3. being it's my dream car will this ruin what i've dreamed of all these years?
4. where the shit am i going to store this thing if i do it?

I'd love to have it, and i know i could most likely sell it and make money in the long run but i wouldn't feel right making money off of it when he gave me such a deal.

Khoa hopefully will be pleased lol we'll see what he thinks now lol.

Looks like i've got Pantoprazole, guessing the generic version of the same thing? It seems to help some of the time. I've had days i don't even notice anything out of my normal stomach aches buuuuuut whatever...

Hand thing is what happened almost right at a year ago. They wanted me sanding parts in my machine which i fought because the shit wasn't at all safe... part spinning between centers (center drill size up front and anywhere from half an inch hole to 4 inch hole in the other end) wobbling around... holding sand paper on the shit to clean up marks. (polish department was fucking up parts) sand paper caught on the part, rolled into itself, grabbed 3 of my fingers on my left hand and pulled my hand into the part... i came very close to losing some fingers that day. I still have scars on the top of my hand, i've lost about half the grip strength i used to have, can't completely roll my middle finger all the way in... etc etc etc... well the insurance folks are trying to pay me off to go away basically... soooooo i had to get a lawyer and that's been going on since about 4 weeks after the initial incident. I'm tired of dealing with it honestly. I've seen 3 doctors now, waiting on the report from the last one last month that the judge ordered me to see... then things should wrap up. For what i've went through i'm not being offered near what i should in my eyes but i have no clue what my guy is gunning for.
You should be getting medical costs on top of a 5 figure settlement. Some shit like that, should be worth at least the medical cost and $25k to you plus the lawyers fee.

And about the car maintaining it....... This is why Ive sadly decided against the Audi/Mercedes/BMW route for a daily. I want something that nice, and I can afford the car. But I put A LOT of miles on my car. And none of those are cheap to maintain, and doing a $100 oil change 4 times a year, plus a $6-800 (sport pack brembos) brake job every 2 years on top of the retarded electrical costs if any of that goes bad. Cant justify it. Especially since within a year from getting something new for me I want to get the wife into a mini-van.

·
Master Member
5,064 Posts
You should be getting medical costs on top of a 5 figure settlement. Some shit like that, should be worth at least the medical cost and $25k to you plus the lawyers fee.

And about the car maintaining it....... This is why Ive sadly decided against the Audi/Mercedes/BMW route for a daily. I want something that nice, and I can afford the car. But I put A LOT of miles on my car. And none of those are cheap to maintain, and doing a $100 oil change 4 times a year, plus a $6-800 (sport pack brembos) brake job every 2 years on top of the retarded electrical costs if any of that goes bad. Cant justify it. Especially since within a year from getting something new for me I want to get the wife into a mini-van.
Nope, not even remotely close. The insurance company has offered me so far... *drum roll please* 4900 to make me go away with no continuing coverage. Which from what i understand if anything stems from this injury later in life my normal insurance will deny it. I guess if i get continuing or not is dependent on whatever the doctors decide i may need... which i'm sorry but how the hell would they know what'll happen 30 years later in life? Next up from what the lawyer has told me things have been getting worse for the injured person... there's some lawsuit going on to repeal some newer aged laws on what someone is able to get... he said though my stuff wouldn't change since i didn't lose a finger and nothing actually broke. Even though i ripped/tore tendons and it'll never be the same... i don't fit in with their classification or some shit. Either way, like anything it's to help out the insurance companies and fuck over the little guy.

I still have no clue what my guy is going after, and when i tried to get a hint he didn't say anything. So i'm just going to have to trust him and ride it out. From what i gather he's one of the best around and even teaches at a college for shit like this.

I hear you on maintaining a car... shit can get out of hand really damn fast. That's one of my big worries with the rx7 idea... be all happy and bam 2000 dollar bill that i don't have enough for so it goes into hibernation for who the hell knows how long and what if something happens to my daily as well?

:rotfl:

Chick on the right looks like shes planning on putting that tongue to use.
:rotfl:

1041 - 1060 of 1209 Posts