Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1283 Posts

·
Master baiter
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,061
It is nice to see he's willing to wait, but i've got concerns in my head.
1. if i can afford to get it, can i afford to maintain it?
2. mileage on the motor is unknown and he hasn't done a compression test so no telling how long it'll last.
3. being it's my dream car will this ruin what i've dreamed of all these years?
4. where the shit am i going to store this thing if i do it?

I'd love to have it, and i know i could most likely sell it and make money in the long run but i wouldn't feel right making money off of it when he gave me such a deal.

Khoa hopefully will be pleased lol we'll see what he thinks now lol.

Looks like i've got Pantoprazole, guessing the generic version of the same thing? It seems to help some of the time. I've had days i don't even notice anything out of my normal stomach aches buuuuuut whatever...

Hand thing is what happened almost right at a year ago. They wanted me sanding parts in my machine which i fought because the shit wasn't at all safe... part spinning between centers (center drill size up front and anywhere from half an inch hole to 4 inch hole in the other end) wobbling around... holding sand paper on the shit to clean up marks. (polish department was fucking up parts) sand paper caught on the part, rolled into itself, grabbed 3 of my fingers on my left hand and pulled my hand into the part... i came very close to losing some fingers that day. I still have scars on the top of my hand, i've lost about half the grip strength i used to have, can't completely roll my middle finger all the way in... etc etc etc... well the insurance folks are trying to pay me off to go away basically... soooooo i had to get a lawyer and that's been going on since about 4 weeks after the initial incident. I'm tired of dealing with it honestly. I've seen 3 doctors now, waiting on the report from the last one last month that the judge ordered me to see... then things should wrap up. For what i've went through i'm not being offered near what i should in my eyes but i have no clue what my guy is gunning for.
Maintain it? It's a RELIABLE rotary engine!!! LOL
The cars are great to drive. I will assure you of that. The interior is a different story though. If it's a good interior car, it'll have all the tabs. Those tabs are easily broken on those hard plastic parts. The interior was my only beef about the car. Go-cart for the street otherwise.

Holy crap dude! you gotta watch about those spinny things. They have all the torque.
Hope you can get it figured out. That sucks man. Good luck.

·
Master Member
5,074 Posts
Maintain it? It's a RELIABLE rotary engine!!! LOL
The cars are great to drive. I will assure you of that. The interior is a different story though. If it's a good interior car, it'll have all the tabs. Those tabs are easily broken on those hard plastic parts. The interior was my only beef about the car. Go-cart for the street otherwise.

Holy crap dude! you gotta watch about those spinny things. They have all the torque.
Hope you can get it figured out. That sucks man. Good luck.
that's my concern dude... there's no idea on how long the thing will live and i don't have 10k laying around to throw an ls in it if that happens. i saw the cost of rotary rebuilds have gone up too, used to be 1500 ish to get it done if you pulled/put back in now it's almost double that from what i'm seeing.

it has most of the interior, some stuff isn't perfect... if i have time this weekend i may go look it over better. last time i went and checked it out it was when he first got it and offered to let me take it for a spin. some stuff has changed since, one of the items he swapped out is a concern lol. door panels are intact, he's missing some random parts here and there. said he knows i needs some relays for the fans he installed to keep the engine cooler when sitting in traffic or something and even after a race, a starter would be good to throw in, said he's got the beginnings of the 5th gear grind which is overly common i'm sure you know... other than that it's pretty sound.

he swapped out the clutch this year, put in the hks hypermax coils (my worry, he said stiff is an understatement with them), fans for the radiator, new radiator, new tires front and rear, rear lower camber trailing arms, front upper camber kit rear toe control arms, ebc blue brake pads... he's a mechanic as well so there's that. i know he premixes and what not as well. so i trust him, but shit... it's not a reliable car lol.

also at the work shit, trust me man... i know and i fought it day one that they brought that shit to my machine. the 5s dude made the call and he had no business deciding that shit. he oversaw the polish department and thought well they can't do it we'll make someone else that's actually detail oriented and i was the last stop that could do it. i complained to him, my supervisor, our first shift supervisor and my production manager. my supervisor even raised shit about it... and all we heard was "well... it needs to be done". when it all went down they threw me under the bus too... which who's surprised there?

when it happened i went to the er was told hand doc within 3 days MAX. insurance fiddle farted around and just over 4 weeks later i finally get to see a doctor about it. i was livid... that's when i got a lawyer. physical therapy is the only reason i can move or do anything with my hand. but that next day our second in charge was by my machine updating some server stuff on our computer and my dayshift dude raised hell to him... he then messages me saying i heard you got hurt, what happened? you ok? i message him what happened with a photo of my hand and he went over to the 5s dude goes why is seth sanding in his machine? to which he says... what? i didn't know he was still doing that he's not supposed to be doing that anymore... which was TOTAL bullshit. few days prior i bitched to him about it all over again. he threw me under the bus to save his own ass... i've thought about leaving because of all of it. the problem there is i get paid well, insurance is damn good and i'm close to home. it's been a clusterfucking mess though and i'm ready for it to be over.

·
Master Member
5,074 Posts
Seth, you still working for this company? Should probably be suing for unsafe work conditions too. Or at least threaten to to get that settlement up.
I am, and my lawyer hasn't said anything about doing something like that. I guess i could talk to him about it. I know the dude who talked to me after told me if i ever think something isn't safe don't even do it no matter who tells me to. I told him man i complained to 4 people here and nothing... he said welp, next time come to me. (at the time i had NO idea how high up the food chain he was... just thought he was our it dude)

As far as i understand the company as whole is out of what's going on though it's just insurance trying to fuck me over... :dontknow:

·
ICUStalking
10,187 Posts
I am, and my lawyer hasn't said anything about doing something like that. I guess i could talk to him about it. I know the dude who talked to me after told me if i ever think something isn't safe don't even do it no matter who tells me to. I told him man i complained to 4 people here and nothing... he said welp, next time come to me. (at the time i had NO idea how high up the food chain he was... just thought he was our it dude)

As far as i understand the company as whole is out of what's going on though it's just insurance trying to fuck me over... :dontknow:

Get a better lawyer.

·
Master baiter
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,066
that's my concern dude... there's no idea on how long the thing will live and i don't have 10k laying around to throw an ls in it if that happens. i saw the cost of rotary rebuilds have gone up too, used to be 1500 ish to get it done if you pulled/put back in now it's almost double that from what i'm seeing.

it has most of the interior, some stuff isn't perfect... if i have time this weekend i may go look it over better. last time i went and checked it out it was when he first got it and offered to let me take it for a spin. some stuff has changed since, one of the items he swapped out is a concern lol. door panels are intact, he's missing some random parts here and there. said he knows i needs some relays for the fans he installed to keep the engine cooler when sitting in traffic or something and even after a race, a starter would be good to throw in, said he's got the beginnings of the 5th gear grind which is overly common i'm sure you know... other than that it's pretty sound.

he swapped out the clutch this year, put in the hks hypermax coils (my worry, he said stiff is an understatement with them), fans for the radiator, new radiator, new tires front and rear, rear lower camber trailing arms, front upper camber kit rear toe control arms, ebc blue brake pads... he's a mechanic as well so there's that. i know he premixes and what not as well. so i trust him, but shit... it's not a reliable car lol.

also at the work shit, trust me man... i know and i fought it day one that they brought that shit to my machine. the 5s dude made the call and he had no business deciding that shit. he oversaw the polish department and thought well they can't do it we'll make someone else that's actually detail oriented and i was the last stop that could do it. i complained to him, my supervisor, our first shift supervisor and my production manager. my supervisor even raised shit about it... and all we heard was "well... it needs to be done". when it all went down they threw me under the bus too... which who's surprised there?

when it happened i went to the er was told hand doc within 3 days MAX. insurance fiddle farted around and just over 4 weeks later i finally get to see a doctor about it. i was livid... that's when i got a lawyer. physical therapy is the only reason i can move or do anything with my hand. but that next day our second in charge was by my machine updating some server stuff on our computer and my dayshift dude raised hell to him... he then messages me saying i heard you got hurt, what happened? you ok? i message him what happened with a photo of my hand and he went over to the 5s dude goes why is seth sanding in his machine? to which he says... what? i didn't know he was still doing that he's not supposed to be doing that anymore... which was TOTAL bullshit. few days prior i bitched to him about it all over again. he threw me under the bus to save his own ass... i've thought about leaving because of all of it. the problem there is i get paid well, insurance is damn good and i'm close to home. it's been a clusterfucking mess though and i'm ready for it to be over.
Really, the only thing that goes in the rotary is the apex seals. The problem when they go, they go through the turbo/ turbos and kills them. The O-rings can blow, but that's just coolant. Everything else is just little piddly stuff. EVEN if you got it and it didn't run, at least you could look at it. They have really nice lines. Like that girl you posted. Nom.

If you pass this up, you WILL regret it sometime in the future. Just saying...

Did their workers comp not kick in when you had the accident?

·
Super Moderator
430,542 Posts
Nice that he is willing to wait. I'd like to see you get it as well.

sucks about the stomach issues, but Khoa will be glad you don't have Gluten allergies. LOL
Hope they get it all figured out man.
hahaha right? good thing thing we won't need to refer to him as that guy lol

·
Super Moderator
430,542 Posts
stayed late again on friday and went out to dinner with lauren after. nothing really fancy, just a small place that opened up down the road from her house. vietnamese and thai food, neat combination

saturday we checked out a martial arts seminar in maryland around noon, i thought it would be interesting to see the demonstrations of different styles and techniques. lauren felt it was a little weird to practice with the instructor or other people in the class, said it was too "touch me in the morning" close for her lol. after, we went down to the harbour for foods and just did some sight seeing. night time did dinner at a seafood restrurant, got some salmon and halibut, overall cost way more than what it should've been if you get it elsewhere or make it yourself. we did a paranormal ghost hunt at night, toured an abandon hospital and walked the whole site till 4 in the morning and it was just creepy. not sure if we saw anything ghost-ish or just something like wind or darkness tricking our eyes during

sunday it rained for most of the time, so we didn't do much outdoors. went to a buddhist temple and ate lunch there, kinda hung out and wait till the rain slowed down a bit before leaving. then did some grocery shopping and stayed home chilling. not much happened the rest of the day

·
Super Moderator
430,542 Posts
oh yeah i booked a trip to san diego for the end of the month, going on thanksgiving and coming back the monday after. lauren wants me go with her to chicago to visit her aunt, but i already have plans with family and my buddies so she is going with just her mom and dad, once she gets back we'll go to cali.

·
Master baiter
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,077
Other than the aches and pains of getting old? Cant complain.

Seems most of us in here are in that same boat now.

And another :fistbump: for the avatar. :hb:
How do you have aches and pains? You never do anything?

Oh. That's probably WHY you have aches and pains.

·
Master baiter
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,078
stayed late again on friday and went out to dinner with lauren after. nothing really fancy, just a small place that opened up down the road from her house. vietnamese and thai food, neat combination

saturday we checked out a martial arts seminar in maryland around noon, i thought it would be interesting to see the demonstrations of different styles and techniques. lauren felt it was a little weird to practice with the instructor or other people in the class, said it was too "touch me in the morning" close for her lol. after, we went down to the harbour for foods and just did some sight seeing. night time did dinner at a seafood restrurant, got some salmon and halibut, overall cost way more than what it should've been if you get it elsewhere or make it yourself. we did a paranormal ghost hunt at night, toured an abandon hospital and walked the whole site till 4 in the morning and it was just creepy. not sure if we saw anything ghost-ish or just something like wind or darkness tricking our eyes during

sunday it rained for most of the time, so we didn't do much outdoors. went to a buddhist temple and ate lunch there, kinda hung out and wait till the rain slowed down a bit before leaving. then did some grocery shopping and stayed home chilling. not much happened the rest of the day
I read blah blah blah touch me in the morning blah blah blah

·
Registered
268 Posts

I gotta tell ya, I enjoy reading about your weekends. I wish I had the time and energy to devote to the things you do with your S.O. My weekends consist of boys soccer games, a round of golf if I'm lucky, and cleaning up the properties.

·
ICUStalking
10,187 Posts
How do you have aches and pains? You never do anything?

Oh. That's probably WHY you have aches and pains.
Every one stems from when I DID do things. Many sprained ankles, and separated shoulder that I never let heal right. So now they hurt sometimes. A knee full of scar tissue or some shit, been fucked since I was a teenager due to being excessively hard on it or some bull. I played a lot of sports as a kid, and when I wasnt I was doing other dumb shit that was hard on my body even for a kid.

Most times, its just the shoulder and knee that give me issue. Nothing that ever stops me from doing anything though.

Working out helped back when I had a gym membership, for the shoulder and ankles anyway. Nothing ever helps for the knee.

I need to get my ass back to the gym. Gotta be able to keep up with these kids.

1061 - 1080 of 1283 Posts