Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1225 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Every one stems from when I DID do things. Many sprained ankles, and separated shoulder that I never let heal right. So now they hurt sometimes. A knee full of scar tissue or some shit, been fucked since I was a teenager due to being excessively hard on it or some bull. I played a lot of sports as a kid, and when I wasnt I was doing other dumb shit that was hard on my body even for a kid.

Most times, its just the shoulder and knee that give me issue. Nothing that ever stops me from doing anything though.

Working out helped back when I had a gym membership, for the shoulder and ankles anyway. Nothing ever helps for the knee.

I need to get my ass back to the gym. Gotta be able to keep up with these kids.
High school and college sports has taken their toll on me as well. Both my wife and I were collegiate athletes... we both have constant aches and pains. It seems that no amount of pain medicine keeps those aches from acting up and making life just a little bit more difficult. Misery loves company my man!

·
Super Moderator
430,523 Posts

·
Super Moderator
430,523 Posts
I gotta tell ya, I enjoy reading about your weekends. I wish I had the time and energy to devote to the things you do with your S.O. My weekends consist of boys soccer games, a round of golf if I'm lucky, and cleaning up the properties.
usually weekend is the only time i get to really hang with her, and sometimes i don't even because i take my mom or dad out to lunch or grocery shopping. i work another job (part time) so sometimes i'm just way too tired or get out too late to catch up with her.

so after work friday, i'll head to her house since it's close to my office if i have time or get out early enough to grab dinner or just hang at her house.

saturday/sunday my parents might need me to take them out for whatever like errands/doctor/lunch/etc. if not, lauren gets my time and we'll check places, events, restaurants out around the area or drive into dc or up to md

i'm sure sometime way later down the road i'll be doing what you're doing now, taking care of the kids lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
usually weekend is the only time i get to really hang with her, and sometimes i don't even because i take my mom or dad out to lunch or grocery shopping. i work another job (part time) so sometimes i'm just way too tired or get out too late to catch up with her.

so after work friday, i'll head to her house since it's close to my office if i have time or get out early enough to grab dinner or just hang at her house.

saturday/sunday my parents might need me to take them out for whatever like errands/doctor/lunch/etc. if not, lauren gets my time and we'll check places, events, restaurants out around the area or drive into dc or up to md

i'm sure sometime way later down the road i'll be doing what you're doing now, taking care of the kids lol
You will never regret it! Kids are the most expensive, soul crushing, frustrating, wonderful things you could ever do.

You are a good man for taking care of your 'rents as well. That's also a right of passage we all must endure. I enjoy my family, for the most part, and am glad to help them whenever I can.

·
Super Moderator
430,523 Posts
Every one stems from when I DID do things. Many sprained ankles, and separated shoulder that I never let heal right. So now they hurt sometimes. A knee full of scar tissue or some shit, been fucked since I was a teenager due to being excessively hard on it or some bull. I played a lot of sports as a kid, and when I wasnt I was doing other dumb shit that was hard on my body even for a kid.

Most times, its just the shoulder and knee that give me issue. Nothing that ever stops me from doing anything though.

Working out helped back when I had a gym membership, for the shoulder and ankles anyway. Nothing ever helps for the knee.

I need to get my ass back to the gym. Gotta be able to keep up with these kids.
have you looked into tai chi or yoga? i mention those two since i recently started going to classes my gym offered and they really do help a lot. mostly in restoring energy and just putting you in a relaxed state of mind. the yoga stretch helps a lot in joint pain and muscle aches, i also find it helps me sleep way easier at night, esp when i take the late class (20:15 and it last an hour).

even if you can't get into a gym or the joining fee is retarded (which is since i use to sell memberships) you can look into videos to do at home (if you have time) and do it yourself.

i use to do martail arts a ton back then and the more acrobatic movements can def take a toll on your body and legs, so i can understand the aches and pains now. i don't do flips and shit anymore lol, but i still try to practice a few moves from time to time at the gym and if she is in the mood, i teach lauren a few things.

oh and water aerobics is also really helpful, and with the pool you can take the kids haha. at the gym i go to, i see moms and parents take their kids with them and the kids are just doing whatever while they work out in the waters

idk, just thought i mention it since i started doing these things myself now.

·
Registered
267 Posts
have you looked into tai chi or yoga? i mention those two since i recently started going to classes my gym offered and they really do help a lot. mostly in restoring energy and just putting you in a relaxed state of mind. the yoga stretch helps a lot in joint pain and muscle aches, i also find it helps me sleep way easier at night, esp when i take the late class (20:15 and it last an hour).

even if you can't get into a gym or the joining fee is retarded (which is since i use to sell memberships) you can look into videos to do at home (if you have time) and do it yourself.

i use to do martail arts a ton back then and the more acrobatic movements can def take a toll on your body and legs, so i can understand the aches and pains now. i don't do flips and shit anymore lol, but i still try to practice a few moves from time to time at the gym and if she is in the mood, i teach lauren a few things.

oh and water aerobics is also really helpful, and with the pool you can take the kids haha. at the gym i go to, i see moms and parents take their kids with them and the kids are just doing whatever while they work out in the waters

idk, just thought i mention it since i started doing these things myself now.
The Mrs. and I have spoken about joining the gym. We always say we are going to do but have yet to find a gym that has a child care facility we are comfortable with having our kids be at. Another joy of parenting...

·
DDS
7,170 Posts
Tired, stayed up way too late over the weekend playing the new COD. Still tired as fuck. Im old.

Is that wifey in the avatar again? :fistbump:
I heard COD is good.

Contemplating between it and RDR2. Red dead comes out on PC Nov 5th. I'll prob end up getting it instead of COD unless all my PC bros get it then I'll have to.

I'm still into PUBG though. The gunplay is just so good.

·
Super Moderator
430,523 Posts
The Mrs. and I have spoken about joining the gym. We always say we are going to do but have yet to find a gym that has a child care facility we are comfortable with having our kids be at. Another joy of parenting...
my gym is lifetime fitness. before my work paid for the membership, i use to pay $69.99 per month and that was before i added lauren to my account. they have locations that open 24/7, but i know some close at midnight and open again at 5am which shouldn't be a big deal for anyone with kids. also the child center seems pretty legit, they do games and pool activities, even field trips to the zoo or museums.

i'm sure they have a couple in your state or even facilities that are similar to them around the area. not sure on price, but a usual gym membership for a couple with kids is around $89.99 to $130.99, with it being close to thanksgiving, you can get a really good deal when you join.

·
Master Member
5,066 Posts
Really, the only thing that goes in the rotary is the apex seals. The problem when they go, they go through the turbo/ turbos and kills them. The O-rings can blow, but that's just coolant. Everything else is just little piddly stuff. EVEN if you got it and it didn't run, at least you could look at it. They have really nice lines. Like that girl you posted. Nom.

If you pass this up, you WILL regret it sometime in the future. Just saying...

Did their workers comp not kick in when you had the accident?
trust me i've read a lot about the fd over the years... like you mentioned i know apex and coolant seals are the common fail points. i think i'll end up messaging my friend and seeing if he's got time to let me look around and what not next weekend if it's not too cold out. i don't have time this weekend or i'd probably try then.

i love looking at the fd, always have... something about it checks all the right boxes for me when it comes to look and feel on a car. i don't even mind the brap noises that come from it... although 3/4 rotor > 2 any day of the damn week.

also i agree i know i'll regret it if i don't try. if i didn't have to help jessica every so often and bills haven't been reaming me over the last year... i wouldn't have any issue buying the thing. the only real reason i have to help jessica is because of her deadbeat ex not helping with any expense for the girls... fggt had the nerve about two weeks ago to ask her to buy the girls winter clothes that they could keep at his house. get fucked dude... he doesn't pay for shit with them and i can't let her do it alone. anyways... she's told me more than once to buy it. my family even said if it's a chance that'll never happen again maybe you should. dad's main concern was where i thought i could keep it... lol.

work comp only kicks in after a week or ten days i forget which, i was at work a day after it happened. i couldn't afford to be without a paycheck for a week or more. they offered me to burn my vacation up but i said no.

haha yeah, we can still hang out after all this is over
:fistbump: good to know lol

How's everyone?!?
eh, lots of bills lately, work sucks... in 3 hours early to pull an 11 hour shift, 3 hours early from not until next thursday aaaaaaaaand have to work overtime friday as well. at least i'll get some double time i guess.

seems like you aren't doing too shabby from what i caught.

I heard COD is good.

Contemplating between it and RDR2. Red dead comes out on PC Nov 5th. I'll prob end up getting it instead of COD unless all my PC bros get it then I'll have to.

bah to cod, been meh since 4... battlefield has always been better. however, you want good gun play you should try insurgency (sandstorm is the new one) things are fairly accurate... killing floor 2 is also damn good when it comes to gun stuff.

good call on being part of the master race though. :hb:

On a completely different note. What the hell is what with this "going live?"
:confused:

·
ICUStalking
10,178 Posts
High school and college sports has taken their toll on me as well. Both my wife and I were collegiate athletes... we both have constant aches and pains. It seems that no amount of pain medicine keeps those aches from acting up and making life just a little bit more difficult. Misery loves company my man!
Cannabis. Helps better than anything Ive ever taken.
You will never regret it! Kids are the most expensive, soul crushing, frustrating, wonderful things you could ever do.
Agreed
I heard COD is good.

I like it. Brought back campaign mode.
bah to cod, been meh since 4... battlefield has always been better. however, you want good gun play you should try insurgency (sandstorm is the new one) things are fairly accurate... killing floor 2 is also damn good when it comes to gun stuff.
Battlefield hasnt been good since #3. The last few, especially BF1-have been terrible.

Not sure that I'm favorably impressed with the look of this new forum! What say you guys?
Its awful and there no more of the animated emojis

·
Administrator
679 Posts
Aids. Cancerous aids.
Hey,
post your opinion and feedback here: https://www.clubrsx.com/threads/we-are-live-community-feedback.1264778/#post-55056197
we had a massive update (moved from vbulletin to xenforo) since the old platform was practically falling to pieces.
Xenforo is technically the spiritual successor of Vbulletin (the guys who made the current vbulletin designed this).

We're still ironing out the things from yesterday's migration. Let us help you :)

Lee

·
Master Member
5,066 Posts
Battlefield hasnt been good since #3. The last few, especially BF1-have been terrible.
BC 1&2 are still my favorites, 3 was fun... 4 and on were crap but still would take them over cod lol. I haven't played the newest one, one was the last one and i just did the story which was meh at best.

·
ICUStalking
10,178 Posts
BC 1&2 are still my favorites, 3 was fun... 4 and on were crap but still would take them over cod lol. I haven't played the newest one, one was the last one and i just did the story which was meh at best.
Bad company is what got me into BF. Back when you still played you putz!

3 Was great when the matchmaking system and servers worked properly. 4 just was never right, looked amazing though. All the Blackops and Modern Warfare versions of COD were good. This new one looks amazing, sounds amazing, and so far plays great. I havent put a ton of time in yet as Im old and too tired to concentrate on gaming, but my time playing has been a mix of the new campaign and multi-player. And both are great. No more future, space kinda bullshit.

·
DDS
7,170 Posts
It was cold af here. Our neighborhood doesn't get a bunch of trick or treaters. We took the kids to another neighborhood that had a bunch of houses in a row. They had a lot of fun. 4 year old girl was wonder woman, and the almost 2 year old and I both dressed up as Blippi.

1081 - 1100 of 1225 Posts