Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1121 - 1140 of 1154 Posts

·
147,260 Posts
That too, Ive got ads on here for shit I have no desire to ever buy. Some wireless light and a jeep compass right now.
Lenscrafters & some kinda of Benz here
Holy fuck this forum took a turn. Jesus.
This.
Yall do anything this weekend?
Coworkers son's bday get together Saturday night
Pulled a (their) family friends number (at the request of just about everyone there) and wound up at Denny's until 4:30am with her
Sat right behind a couple other coworkers who live where I do and are friends with Harley chick so this oughta be interesting
Home at 5am, gave her her first bike ride the next morning when we went back
Wound up doing a ride with Harley chick later + Bdubs
Found a street dedicated to a cop who was killed back in the 80's with my name, kinda odd as it's not a common name + similar lines of work
My couch is finally in town so that should be arriving Wednesday
Now just need to set an appointment to drop my bike off in Phoenix for it's first couple services that are overdue as shit & grab a rental for the roadtrip that may still be happening this weekend. Tried for a Raptor as that's what I and the girl I'm most likely going with want, but fuck spending nearly $2k on a truck for a few days w/o gas factored in

Also debating whether to be responsible and request Wednesday off for my dentist appointment or just bang out a couple hours before shift to guarantee leave

Ah shit. So the coworker who owns the house we did the bday deal at Saturday texted me earlier saying she's waiting to hear back. And low & behold, who just texted me to the tune of "just got home, hope you had a good day, going to bed, good night" etc. fuck me

·
Super Moderator
430,510 Posts
chrome has a pretty good adblock feature, i'm not seeing any ads while i'm on here

·
Super Moderator
430,510 Posts
i do like the dark mode of this forum, makes everything stands out a bit more

·
Registered
10 Posts
I stumbled into this "oh so casual" thread. Good to see some action on here. I've been doing a lot of research as to my currant situation w/ my Type S....HYDROLOCK! No, it wasn't a blown head gasket it was a how shall we say? I underestimated a puddle? Realizing the shit was getting deep I stayed on it and was spinnin' about 7k when it just locked. 2 attempts to start, nothing. So now I know! Opened the door and water started coming in. (close door). lol I had just left a friends so others came and we pushed it ashore. AHOY! Good thing, kinda busy road and I had a couple so I did not want the police to stop and " help me"?
Thing that really pissed me off was sitting there for a couple minutes and having SUV's plow through and seriously drench my ride! AHHH. Have amassed some of the best stuff $$$ can buy and this will be a nice winter project! Anyone go through this? Maybe not this, but hydro in general? ( not that, I'm sure we all got good weed)? I'm taking no chances as far as what could be damaged. I am having faith the stock forged C&rRs held and I have some nisson piston's, chyro treated rings, clevete rod bearings, new cloyes chains/tensioners, water pump/thermostat, knock sensor, new harmonic balancer
For the head: Blox dual springs, new factory seats/retainers. V.S seals. supertech keepers, valves and guides. I'm putting in 07' K24a2 cams. The usual assortment of gaskets all around. Did I miss anything? Has this happened to you? Did not sound like anything "broke" just no doubt bent valves, damaged guides, possible piston and rings crushed a bit....??? Any one...anyone? Thankyou. It's good to be back, why I do not know? AzianK has some forgiveness this holiday season? PEACE

·
Super Moderator
430,510 Posts
hey you guys wanna do a christmas mystery box this year? lauren thought the one we did a while back was pretty cool and said i mentioned it to ya. i have some ideas of what to put in one as well

·
ICUStalking
10,160 Posts
hey you guys wanna do a christmas mystery box this year? lauren thought the one we did a while back was pretty cool and said i mentioned it to ya. i have some ideas of what to put in one as well
See if we can get enough people this time and Im in.
Give me some details? What’s a mystery box all about?
We take the USPS medium sized box and fill it full of random shit we have laying around the house. Usually some simple rules like no actual trash. Last time one rule was including something to eat. And each person gets randomly selected to send their box out to.

·
Curious Gooner
3,700 Posts
I'd be down

·
Super Moderator
430,510 Posts
See if we can get enough people this time and Im in.

We take the USPS medium sized box and fill it full of random shit we have laying around the house. Usually some simple rules like no actual trash. Last time one rule was including something to eat. And each person gets randomly selected to send their box out to.
yeah i'm in and if we get the go ahead soon enough, i can start prepping and getting a box. also i do have stuff around the house, but will need time to put things together

I'd be down

haha this guy, straight out of nowhere buddy. anyway sure looks like we have 3 people in so far

·
Super Moderator
430,510 Posts
Give me some details? What’s a mystery box all about?
yeah we did one a couple months back or was it the year before...anyway it was pretty funny seeing what some of the guys put together. if you're in for a random box of stuff, that makes 4 people so far

·
Super Moderator
430,510 Posts
with the new forum layout and whatnot, think i'll get a new avy and sig setup going. need to look for pics and work on it this week

·
Super Moderator
430,510 Posts
anyway how's the weekend for you guys?

Friday - stayed an hour or two at work to finish up reports and run systems. didn't do much after except grabbed dinner with Lauren and talked about what to do for activities when we head to San Diego at the end of the month. we're going to check out the zoo and some other places of interests, not sure about anything else yet

Saturday - there was an outdoors event in DC yesterday and we checked it out for a moment, some kinda glow art festival but it got way too cold to stay out long and lauren been kinda sick so we went to a symphony performance of Mozart greatest hits at an art centre downtown. the winter season has a bunch of things to do and check out around the north va,dc, and md area so will try to go check out a few. not usually my choice for food, but we ate at an authentic Portuguese restaurant in md and it turned out to be really good. they said the chief lived and studied there for 30+ years and came over to open the place with his family

Sunday - taking it easy today and slept in till 1130 (a few hours ago) and now about to go do a yoga class at my gym. Lauren is going to stay home and catch up with a few things for her job and see her parents later so i pretty much can do whatever, which is probably going to be nothing lol. might run some errands and take my dad out to lunch later, also i need to clean out my car (too many empty water bottles in the back lol). Sunday is usually just a chill day and we take it easy, unless we made plans to do something earlier in the week.

Edit - shit i don't have a lot of stuff at home (food wise) so maybe i'll do grocery shopping later and have foods for this week. Lauren and I will cook and prep lunch for the next few days, and maybe we'll go out tonight unless we stay in and eat whatever we make.

·
Registered
10 Posts
anyway how's the weekend for you guys?

Friday - stayed an hour or two at work to finish up reports and run systems. didn't do much after except grabbed dinner with Lauren and talked about what to do for activities when we head to San Diego at the end of the month. we're going to check out the zoo and some other places of interests, not sure about anything else yet

Saturday - there was an outdoors event in DC yesterday and we checked it out for a moment, some kinda glow art festival but it got way too cold to stay out long and lauren been kinda sick so we went to a symphony performance of Mozart greatest hits at an art centre downtown. the winter season has a bunch of things to do and check out around the north va,dc, and md area so will try to go check out a few. not usually my choice for food, but we ate at an authentic Portuguese restaurant in md and it turned out to be really good. they said the chief lived and studied there for 30+ years and came over to open the place with his family

Sunday - taking it easy today and slept in till 1130 (a few hours ago) and now about to go do a yoga class at my gym. Lauren is going to stay home and catch up with a few things for her job and see her parents later so i pretty much can do whatever, which is probably going to be nothing lol. might run some errands and take my dad out to lunch later, also i need to clean out my car (too many empty water bottles in the back lol). Sunday is usually just a chill day and we take it easy, unless we made plans to do something earlier in the week.

Edit - shit i don't have a lot of stuff at home (food wise) so maybe i'll do grocery shopping later and have foods for this week. Lauren and I will cook and prep lunch for the next few days, and maybe we'll go out tonight unless we stay in and eat whatever we make.
Interesting. I had tix for the local symphony on SAT. But tried to get in a little nap an my G/F could not wake me! By 8:30, too late! I made it up to her by getting V.I.P tix to the botanical center that includes an art class w/ all materials provided and refreshments along with there Holliday season displays. It is interesting that as someone commented on the 20 somethings that originally bought the RSX are now pushing 40! Hell I'm pushing 50 have had mine (03) for 14yrs! Even though my interests have changed, grown, got a few more bucks and can afford to have some class, culture or whatever? I STILL LOVE MY TYPE S! I thank my gurfriend for showing me there are other things in life as to constantly building houses and cars....I took it EZ this wk.end and took care of her.

·
Master Member
5,058 Posts
can't say i'm big on the update either, i found the dark theme pretty quick and it's better but it feels like it's either more mobile oriented or just cramped now. guessing the right is where people are seeing ads that i've got blocked since it's a large spare that's empty now. not a fan of the alerts thing vs. subscriptions and conversations being pm's. not really shocked everyone says there's more ads now, seems to be how most shit is anymore. all that potential revenue from bs... more so on a forum that's not making the traffic it used to.

i'm out on the box this time around, i don't have a clue what i'd even throw in one this time around.

as far as what went on this weekend... friday i had an interview with a local gun club, their membership has been closed for yeaaaaaars locked at 400 members. got lucky on when i applied and that two long time members made recommendations for me. as of monday i get voted on but i was told basically i'm in. soooooooo multiple handgun ranges, a 100-200 plinking area, a 50 to 200 area and a 600 yard range soooooo that'll be nice. saturday jessica and i ran some errands, then did a trail in town, took a handful of photos along the way... was a good time. ran into a highschool friend i haven't seen in a few years. was lazy the bulk of the rest of the evening and today she didn't feel great so just bummed around the house doing chores and what not.

1121 - 1140 of 1154 Posts