Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
ughhhh this is why i need to be rich, so i can buy up all the coast line and do with it what i please

im about 4 and a half hours away from gulf.

i've got a friend in tallahassee that owns the company that makes these http://www.ventafish.com/
Thats crazy it takes you that long to hit the salt. On the plus side, its' good during hurricane season :)

RE: venting....never once had to do it. Probably b/c i typically target fluke/seabass/stripers in less than 100ft of water. Most fish i catch are in the 20-60ft depths. Never even seen someone have to vent a fish....and i fish A LOT.

I do wanna do a tuna trip this year. Going for salmon/lake trout in NH next month too.:thumbsup: First salmon trip ever...and my buddy has a pilots license so we're flying up. His parents have a lake house so free lodging. His buddy lives up there and does fishing charters so free boat/guide.

I just gotta supply the brownies :hi:

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
sheesh! Man that really sucks!

Fitch's Energy Team estimated containment and cleanup costs could reach $2 billion to $3 billion "once the leak reaches land, and potentially more, the longer it takes to arrest the flow of oil into the Gulf.''

The cost to the fishing industry in Louisiana could be $2.5 billion, while the impact on tourism along Florida's Gulf coast could be $3 billion, Neil McMahon, analyst at investment firm Bernstein, said on Friday.

·
Registered
440 Posts
checking in

went fishing for the 2nd time today, just off shore casting..was there for about 4.5 hours..didn't even get a nibble..oh well, next time. actually catching the fish is a bonus, i just like being out there :thumbsup:

edit: freaking fishing license cost me 37 bucks today :(

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Any of you guys fish for tautogs ?
sometimes in the fall i'll do it.

checking in

went fishing for the 2nd time today, just off shore casting..was there for about 4.5 hours..didn't even get a nibble..oh well, next time. actually catching the fish is a bonus, i just like being out there :thumbsup:

edit: freaking fishing license cost me 37 bucks today :(
That's nothing. I'll probably spend close to $200 on misc. licenses this year. Just my NH non resident license is gonna cost me over $50 for an upcoming trip.

·
S U P E R C H A R G E D
41,841 Posts
sometimes in the fall i'll do it.

That's nothing. I'll probably spend close to $200 on misc. licenses this year. Just my NH non resident license is gonna cost me over $50 for an upcoming trip.
shit

it's like 19.99 for a 3 day saltwater fishing license from FWC (Florida Wildlife Comission)

we just saved the ID code on my buddy's iphone and put that in the pelican case so it wouldnt get wet.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
can't wait for my salmon/lake trout trip next weekend. After that, squid fishing in rhodie, then fluke and seabass and stripers all summer long. Yee haw

·
Registered
440 Posts
still have yet to catch anything..been out 3 times :( of course its just been shore casting for now, til the water warms up a bit more

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
took my jet ski out fishing for the first time this season, definitely a great start.

badass setup :thumbsup: Kinda surprised you kept the saltwater catfish though :vomit:

Leaving for my salmon trip tomorrow:giggity: Next weekend, off to rhodie for some squid fishing.

·
WVU
936 Posts
took my jet ski out fishing for the first time this season, definitely a great start.

I apologize in advance for not having time to read the entire thread. But I must know, did you just pull over groups of fish and drop straight down? or did you troll of some sort with the cooked shrimp?

·
RIP
38,374 Posts
badass setup :thumbsup: Kinda surprised you kept the saltwater catfish though :vomit:

Leaving for my salmon trip tomorrow:giggity: Next weekend, off to rhodie for some squid fishing.
Fished in a river, and the cat tasted delicious.

my set up is nothing comparing to other jet skis. This is just my first season fishing off a jet ski, i will have a better setup by this summer.
I apologize in advance for not having time to read the entire thread. But I must know, did you just pull over groups of fish and drop straight down? or did you troll of some sort with the cooked shrimp?
I have a fish finder installed on the jet ski, it took me about 15 mins to find a school of croakers. I anchor up and just bottom fished until the sun was going down.

·
06 MM-S
1,888 Posts
Did some trout fishing a few weeks back at Crowley Lake (near Mammoth Lakes, CA). A lot of fisherman weren't catching much. My father and I ended up catching 14 trout in a day and half.

Going back to this lake to do some more trout fishing in less than 2 weeks.

Had my eyes closed on the first pic, but I couldn't help but post me representing the CRSX hoodie....lol

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
well the nh fishing trip didn't go all that well as far as quantity/quality of fish. It was the first time I've ever trolled. Fuck trolling. That shit is boring. LOL.

After the big boat shit the bed on us, we used a little 13' whaler and a canoe. My best fish sadly was a 3.5# smally.

Might be headed to rhodie tomorrow for squid

·
RIP
38,374 Posts
live lining is finally here, there have been reports on spots being caught up here in the bay

i will post back once i get my chance out there this week

201 - 220 of 242 Posts