Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 123 Posts

·
147,272 Posts
Someone said it earlier, but I think participation in "older car" forums is dwindling because so many questions have already been asked and answered that a simple search gets you the information you're looking for... I bought my RSX base last weekend so I don't claim to know much about CRSX, but I have noticed that S2KI and EvolutionM almost feel more like databases than places for ppl to interact nowadays, which is honestly kind of a shame.
Facebook is part of the decline too

In a lot of the S2 pages on there the new 'tards come on and just start asking the questions there and get pissy when people tell them to use S2Ki search or even Google...which brings up the related S2Ki article anyway :jc:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Facebook is part of the decline too

In a lot of the S2 pages on there the new 'tards come on and just start asking the questions there and get pissy when people tell them to use S2Ki search or even Google...which brings up the related S2Ki article anyway :jc:
Haha so true, Googling questions related to my cars is how I found S2Ki and CRSX in the first place... judging by how many threads pop up that are on the exact same topics, there doesn't seem to be a ton of research going on before people wave the white flag.

·
Registered
7 Posts
tru 2 a point...My G/F "dug" this site up b-cuz I had a very strange problem that my fast-track was working overtime. ( turned out to be a shorted r/ 02 sensor that was throwing more codes than MLB. ) I ran it down and did a lot of general maintenance along the way. I always service and flush fluids, still several other issues reared there ugly head. (simple oversite/neglect?)
I've had my Type S for 10+ yrs! Point: It's hard to search this site! Punch in a key word and you have to go through a shit storm to get a clue. Along the way a lot of good tips and some people too. :fistbump: :vtec: :)
Definitely think people sometimes shy away from asking questions because they're afraid of looking dumb or inexperienced, but it can be a great way to meet people once that initial hurdle has been cleared... that, and there's sometimes no avoiding it if there doesn't seem to be an answer readily available

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
You also get the do your own search thing. Fine, but the links to info or products that don't even exist anymore, or the matching post was hijacked before the question was answered even though it went on for 5 pages. Do we also see more non car people nowadays? I mean I get odd looks when I mention I change my own oil let alone a whole generation who doesn't know what a manual car is or a manual to fix something.

·
Curious Gooner
3,706 Posts
Yeah the problem for me is the old hosting sites that people used are now private or no longer hosting so the photos will forever be broken links until someone repeats the process using imgur or something.

Then again in another 10 years imgur might not even be a thing lol

·
Waifu Deluxe
697 Posts
Social media killed a lot of the VB board stuff. People don't even own PCs anymore and just have tablets and can't even get to things like this easily.

Then facebook has such a poorly designed group page add on and things just get lost. Basically killed a lot of smaller local scenes to that had their own VB boards. Everything is all cluttered around like 5 random ass facebook groups that are constantly changing names and stuff.

Not to mention a lot of people don't even use facebook anymore, where everyone has a browser and could visit a board like this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i was thinking this exact fucking thing <a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/LAWL.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Roffles" ></a>
No gay guy's offered to stuff my ass! Now I feel like I "got off" EZ around here. THANX for takin' one for the team...<a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/transport017.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Weeeeeeeeee" ></a>
Haha ummm what? That took a random turn...

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Hey slick, I don't know where your coming from but homosexuality is a disease! I don't care who or what you drive. Don't spread it here your killing what was becoming a good thread. Fuc'n fags think everybody should be gay. On the other hand two gurls together is sexy. Go figure?
Yah but two hotties have nothing to do with the 99.9% gym teacher he-man girl and the other non hottie who looks kind of like my brother

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
bump, i just sold my rsx this past weekend, stock from day 1 in 2011 and was built motor and trans. Boosted on a 5858 for track and occasional straight line racing. I will get another one down the line when time comes but just looking for a house now.

·
NIBIRU PLANET X
8,006 Posts
i think we took a big hit with the crazy ass password changes

·
BOM S
231 Posts
CRSX is definitely not the same anymore. Most of the RSX community either moved on or they’re on social media now. Facebook or Instagram.

I do miss the old forum structure. To bad it’ll never be the same line back in 06-12.
this^

41 - 60 of 123 Posts