Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Curious Gooner
3,706 Posts
I agree, but it's hard to get a forum going again after a non "classic" car was discontinued some 13 years ago.

·
thats what she said.
14,915 Posts
this place has always been a pile of shit. but it was OUR pile of shit. long live CRSX.

·
I don't know you
16,611 Posts
lmao at last 20 posts or so. WHATUP guys! I miss the old days for sure.

Still have my rsx, 16 years and 250k and counting. Have 2 other cars and am starting to slowly retire it from daily duty. I don't think I could ever sell it; starting to restore the suspension and deciding where to go from there.

·
Leftie Lucy
29 Posts
After 15+/- years, the DC5s might be gaining popularity once again. Supras, Integras, NSXs, and RSXs are all increasing in value due to the interest in collectable Japanese Sports coupes.

I have never seen more people on this site looking to buy stock OE parts. Why? 10 years ago we were giving away our stock parts for everything from the aftermarket. Now, installed aftermarket parts often reduce the sales values of these cars. The BAT, (Bring A Trailer) website has had over a half a dozen RSXs sell well over $15k and even over $20K in the last six months. Although the cars were all low mileage and in essentially stock form.

With Integra Type Rs selling for $35-40K, and even $60k+, NSXs selling for $75-125K, and Supras selling for $50-75K, I don't think it's gonna be long before a Pristine 05'-06' Type S will be selling for what they sold for when new.

There may be faster, more comfortable, and more technically advanced cars available today... But they're not RSXs.

Acura nailed it back then with the DC5.

·
Leftie Lucy
29 Posts
Interesting. Look at the difference between 2018 and 2019 pricing

https://bringatrailer.com/acura/integra-type-r/
https://bringatrailer.com/search/acura+rsx/
https://bringatrailer.com/honda/s2000/

https://bringatrailer.com/2017/11/14/bought-on-bat-notable-nsx-auction-results/

In 2014 I sold a 2004 Rio Yellow NSX with 14,040 original miles on it. It just sold again in July 2019 with 47,000 miles on it for $80,000. Almost double what I sold it for.

Two years ago I was offered $12k for my 06' Blaze Type S. I thought that was a lot of money then.

I was just offered 16K for the same car.

·
Been Around for a while
1,003 Posts
After 15+/- years, the DC5s might be gaining popularity once again. Supras, Integras, NSXs, and RSXs are all increasing in value due to the interest in collectable Japanese Sports coupes.

I have never seen more people on this site looking to buy stock OE parts. Why? 10 years ago we were giving away our stock parts for everything from the aftermarket. Now, installed aftermarket parts often reduce the sales values of these cars. The BAT, (Bring A Trailer) website has had over a half a dozen RSXs sell well over $15k and even over $20K in the last six months. Although the cars were all low mileage and in essentially stock form.

With Integra Type Rs selling for $35-40K, and even $60k+, NSXs selling for $75-125K, and Supras selling for $50-75K, I don't think it's gonna be long before a Pristine 05'-06' Type S will be selling for what they sold for when new.

There may be faster, more comfortable, and more technically advanced cars available today... But they're not RSXs.

Acura nailed it back then with the DC5.
Agree on the nail, and so true...they are not RSX, it's timeless. I did enjoy my 98 type R more than the DC5 though lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought my first rsx type s in February, haven't don't hardly nothing since I have 2 more cars and work 64 hrs a week. Can't wait for winter to come along and my hrs start to go down so I can dedicate some time to it since it needs love and tlc.

·
.♥
10,293 Posts
People dropping off like flies year by year. The forum still gets a good deal of traffic, but during the last 8 years of so, the majority of activity was from a small group of very active people and as they dwindle, so does the site activity in general.

I'm sure the forum will keep seeing some action since the DC5 is a pretty affordable import with lots of aftermarket support, but yeah, there's no going back to "glory days."

Hop over to some GT86 forums or Supra forums, I'm sure those places are full of crazy degenerates who love cars just like we do.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts