Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Leftie Lucy
29 Posts
People dropping off like flies year by year. The forum still gets a good deal of traffic, but during the last 8 years of so, the majority of activity was from a small group of very active people and as they dwindle, so does the site activity in general.

I'm sure the forum will keep seeing some action since the DC5 is a pretty affordable import with lots of aftermarket support, but yeah, there's no going back to "glory days."

Hop over to some GT86 forums or Supra forums, I'm sure those places are full of crazy degenerates who love cars just like we do.

I started on this site in 2006 and it was extremely active. I would guess that the average age of the members then was probably about late 20s +/-, many single, no wives, mortgages, kids, etc.

Well, fast forward 12-13 years, and those late 20s are now early 40s... I purchased a new 06' Type S, in May of 06', I was 47 then... Do the math...

Some of those 20-30,000 mile cars we were driving then, now have 200,000+ miles on them and many of them are long gone. Some of the RSXs became TLs or MDXs so we can get the kids to soccer games.

And someone had mentioned their 98' Type R... Now, many of those cars are selling for more than they cost new, just barely 20 years later.

·
Waifu Deluxe
693 Posts
I started on this site in 2006 and it was extremely active. I would guess that the average age of the members then was probably about late 20s +/-, many single, no wives, mortgages, kids, etc.

Well, fast forward 12-13 years, and those late 20s are now early 40s... I purchased a new 06' Type S, in May of 06', I was 47 then... Do the math...

Some of those 20-30,000 mile cars we were driving then, now have 200,000+ miles on them and many of them are long gone. Some of the RSXs became TLs or MDXs so we can get the kids to soccer games.

And someone had mentioned their 98' Type R... Now, many of those cars are selling for more than they cost new, just barely 20 years later.
Social media and smartphones have killed the forums. Honestly the only people I even know with computers anymore are the ones that use them for work or gaming.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I'm back? I was banned for good cause though. To much to drink and I can assure you "they" are not kidding about dick pix! For the longest time I could not even read here do to I.P. NOW, I could have got around that, but...Instead I kept reaching out to the powers that be with no avail? I hope I'm allowed to stay. I recently hydro-locked my engine! Right after a GOOD tune up. As in new cat. Injectors, plugs, ect...I'll scope around a bit and see what's what. Suffice to say I've got a piss pile of performance parts and with winter here....I will build this badboi up. PEACE

·
Super Moderator
430,511 Posts
Well I'm back? I was banned for good cause though. To much to drink and I can assure you "they" are not kidding about dick pix! For the longest time I could not even read here do to I.P. NOW, I could have got around that, but...Instead I kept reaching out to the powers that be with no avail? I hope I'm allowed to stay. I recently hydro-locked my engine! Right after a GOOD tune up. As in new cat. Injectors, plugs, ect...I'll scope around a bit and see what's what. Suffice to say I've got a piss pile of performance parts and with winter here....I will build this badboi up. PEACE
lol well if you starting posting dick pics, i'll ban you this time. what was your username before? you could just get your account back instead of this new one....

·
Registered
18 Posts
lol well if you starting posting dick pics, i'll ban you this time. what was your username before? you could just get your account back instead of this new one....
I posted ONE dick pic...Out of line I know but, "somebody" irked me. After my ban there were several comments as to my positive worth and knowledge on here one person went as far as to say the rarely got on here anymore but were now logging in everyday just to see what I had to say and that I was a "breath of fresh air here". I am using my original user name, perhaps you have the capability to look me up? I've been quoted and those still show but ALL of my original post seem to be gone...Ban me again if you like. I did not work around you. I tried several times to reach out to the link that contacts modulator's. Suddenly a link led me to CRSX, I clicked and it let me back with a password change. So here I am with a blown engine. Just wanting some input is all and NO TROUBLE. I still have my somewhat twisted sense of humor and will call someone out if need be. Is that a crime? Thankyou AZIANK

·
Super Moderator
430,511 Posts
I posted ONE dick pic...Out of line I know but, "somebody" irked me. After my ban there were several comments as to my positive worth and knowledge on here one person went as far as to say the rarely got on here anymore but were now logging in everyday just to see what I had to say and that I was a "breath of fresh air here". I am using my original user name, perhaps you have the capability to look me up? I've been quoted and those still show but ALL of my original post seem to be gone...Ban me again if you like. I did not work around you. I tried several times to reach out to the link that contacts modulator's. Suddenly a link led me to CRSX, I clicked and it let me back with a password change. So here I am with a blown engine. Just wanting some input is all and NO TROUBLE. I still have my somewhat twisted sense of humor and will call someone out if need be. Is that a crime? Thankyou AZIANK
hahaha i'm not going to ban ya, it would take a bit to really kick anyone off these days, the site has died down a lot. now unless you do something real crazy, then yeah lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
hahaha i'm not going to ban ya, it would take a bit to really kick anyone off these days, the site has died down a lot. now unless you do something real crazy, then yeah lol
I appreciate your compassion. There are other sites out there Lady AzianK...There just not the same! As are car's get older they need upkeep. Mine was runnin' TIGHT...Until I ran through a puddle? More like a stream, but anyways. Like your new pic I'll leave my Dick out of it?
I am about to pull the head and start a two prong attack. I'm sure valves got bent and guides go with that along with porting everything and gasket matching. I have 07 K24a2 cams, springs (Blox) Factory duel retainer's and seats. New chains, tensioners, supertech valves and keepers, ECT. There are still the few and the proud that KNOW what they got and will bend over backwards to keep it ALIVE! I realize most all the answers are here somewhere, but it would seem to me that keeping a few active threads going and tappin' in to who, what, they and there is better as to general conversation. How much can I mill the head? New pistons are 11.1 would like to bump that to 11.5. I'm thinking 5 mil off? Will that cause ANYTHIG close to interference running 50* advance on the VTECH? Thanks everybody for any input as I'm sure I'm NOT alone?

·
sigh
12,695 Posts
oh hai guize. do people still drive the RSX/S? most of the ones i see on the road now are beaters at best. occasionally i see a diamond but damn this car has NOT aged well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Type S is no beater! I simply hydro locked the engine. Now I will show it MORE love and build it up better. It's the least I can do after all the love it's given me!

·
sigh
12,695 Posts
My Type S is no beater! I simply hydro locked the engine. Now I will show it MORE love and build it up better. It's the least I can do after all the love it's given me!
i knew a guy that hydrolocked is MS6. never recovered. dropped thousands chasing multiple issues across multiple shops. ended up scrapping the thing. good luck with your quest. might be cheaper to get a crate and drop it in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i knew a guy that hydrolocked is MS6. never recovered. dropped thousands chasing multiple issues across multiple shops. ended up scrapping the thing. good luck with your quest. might be cheaper to get a crate and drop it in.
I'm aware. The bad? I was spinning 7k, I knew I was in deep so why let off? The crank and rods are forged. I'm counting on them. The wrist pins are steal, the pistons are not. They might be sacrificed. I have new ones, along wit bearings. I drought 3.000 of an inch of oil held up? I hope they did there job an got crushed! Valves? Some are bent I'm sure! Those could have moved around enough to gouge the guides. Those will be replaced and the head will be pressure checked. All parts are performance replacements. I'm doing cam's and valvetrain along with chains and tensioners because it was do and as long as I'm at it.....I'll K-pro it and put a race car on the street. That's the plan? Could you better express what all problems your buddy had? I'm not so bold as to think I might run into something. Then again I have a bond with that car and I'll only feel right If I don't bring HER BACK!

·
sigh
12,695 Posts
I'm aware. The bad? I was spinning 7k, I knew I was in deep so why let off? The crank and rods are forged. I'm counting on them. The wrist pins are steal, the pistons are not. They might be sacrificed. I have new ones, along wit bearings. I drought 3.000 of an inch of oil held up? I hope they did there job an got crushed! Valves? Some are bent I'm sure! Those could have moved around enough to gouge the guides. Those will be replaced and the head will be pressure checked. All parts are performance replacements. I'm doing cam's and valvetrain along with chains and tensioners because it was do and as long as I'm at it.....I'll K-pro it and put a race car on the street. That's the plan? Could you better express what all problems your buddy had? I'm not so bold as to think I might run into something. Then again I have a bond with that car and I'll only feel right If I don't bring HER BACK!
my only advice? don't tie emotions in to your money. there are other, better, faster, cheaper, more reliable cars on the street these days. the first RSX will be 20 in three years. part the car out, put your money somewhere else.

·
Registered
18 Posts
OUCH! You may be right...I could have gotten a "used" engine for it for that matter. That is a variable I did not want to chance. I know my car I've had it over ten years and I can't argue the attachment I have to it. I hate to say you have a solid point. Still it's better than spending money on some chick! LOL ( I've been with the same gurl 6 yrs. so I can laugh)? So if you were in the market today, what would be in your stable? Was your buddy just having trouble finding a competent shop? I purchased std. bore pistons even because I had just ran a comp test and it "was" 200lbs across the board. Still you have me thinking...….

·
Registered
997 Posts
oh hai guize. do people still drive the RSX/S? most of the ones i see on the road now are beaters at best. occasionally i see a diamond but damn this car has NOT aged well.
I still DD a type-s. Its definitely starting to show its age though.

I see a lot of clean ones on IG, but in person its pretty rare.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Why I wanna keep it! I know it like the back of my hand. It has 110k on it and yeah I drive it like I stole it! Seems as though it can't swim? It's lowered 1.0/1.5 fuckin' puddle all I can say? I'll know more when I tear into the engine. In the mean time I just got most everything for a good re-build and a bit of extra performance. Any advice as to the road I'm on is much appreciated, CAMS and CLEARANCE my main thing. A lot of options and oppinions out there. Still on the fence as to exhaust. I put a 2.5 catback on and it made it downright soggy! Need more mods to justify that so I'm back at 2.1/4. header, exhaust suggestions would be nice. I'll probably run my TSX/RSX S combo or both TSX for now but EVERYBODY needs room to breath? I want to get crazy with the chezze wiz but to a point? Were's AziznK? she's gotta know something about canned chesses and whip cream and all that? Fuc the cam's! Go with the CAN'S!

101 - 120 of 121 Posts