Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 442 Posts

·
EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH
8,170 Posts
what about adding fuel? i've had 25%+ in some spots up to 32% ... those greddy base maps must have been really off part throttle!!!! ;)

·
Meth Blow Speed = my life
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
what about adding fuel? i've had 25%+ in some spots up to 32% ... those greddy base maps must have been really off part throttle!!!! ;)
adding fuel should be fine. I would be more worried about REMOVING fuel in fear of taking too much away and hitting lean issues. If you want to be 100% sure I would do it once...make the changes and then do it again. The more you do it the better your tune will be.

·
EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH
8,170 Posts
i can't believe i have to add that much fuel for idle though (i just recently changed my injectors from RC-550 to CT-520... i need to get the 520cc flowed to make sure they are 520cc).

my part throttle around column 3-4 are pretty bad... a/f was like 16-18 ... once i step on it a lil it was down to 14 which is good..

i'll do another datalog tomorrow (suppose to thunder-storm tonight) in 3rd gear and go from there...

my WOT is however another story... pegged at 11.3 ... i need to start removing fuel and get it up to ~11.9-12 ....

·
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
i can't believe i have to add that much fuel for idle though (i just recently changed my injectors from RC-550 to CT-520... i need to get the 520cc flowed to make sure they are 520cc).

my part throttle around column 3-4 are pretty bad... a/f was like 16-18 ... once i step on it a lil it was down to 14 which is good..

i'll do another datalog tomorrow (suppose to thunder-storm tonight) in 3rd gear and go from there...

my WOT is however another story... pegged at 11.3 ... i need to start removing fuel and get it up to ~11.9-12 ....
I would not mess with the idle areas because your cam angle at idle is NOT 20 degrees. I would only mess with the values in columns 2 and up from 1500rpm-4000rpm. That should be where this program really helps out.

·
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
my idle area was left at 0/10 degree so it adjusts accordingly.. we'll see how it goes as well.
sounds good. You should see a pretty good increase in gas mileage for your cruise.

What did you set your target A/F for? Im thinking about bumping mine up to 15:3 or so and driving around with that. I dont have a cat so Im not too worried about Exhaust Gas Temperatures scorching anything down there.

·
EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH
8,170 Posts
set to 14.7 for low load.... 12.5(or trying) for medium load and 11.9-12 for high load.

my cat is still on so i don't want to kill it LOL. it was probably cursing at me yesterday when i was logging at 16-17a/f. i am waiting for my test pipe to be done by jrsx so i can put it on... that reminds me i have to call him and bug him LOL.

i'll probably leave it at 14.7 closed loop just cause i am paranoid of running open loop and fuck it up... i've known to screw things up that no one has ever done.

after i am done part throttle i am going to check out the MPG. i have a feeling my O2 might be on the way out since i have to add a lot more fuel in cruise than before.... or could be the injectors being stupid.

·
EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH
8,170 Posts
just did some datalogging in closed loop and much better... i am constantly between -5 & +6 short-term fuel trim. i am sure 1 or 2 more datalogs of 20 & 30 degrees my part throttle will be down to +/- 1 or 2 !!! time to work on boost and medium load.

·
EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH
8,170 Posts
tune for 16 and turn the o2 off :p
:run: i'll pass... i am not that brave :laughing:

stwatson thanks for the instructions.. once i get it tuned a lil bit more i'll start measure the mpg. i get really good mpg already on the highway since thats what i do most of my driving but i get occassional knock. i suspect the throttle tip-in and my a/f not being compensated by the ECU fast enough so tuning for 14.7 should fix some of that! i hope.

·
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
you get an occasional knock while cruising? I would try and find out where that is and reduce the ignition in that area and add a little more fuel. I HATE knowing that a knock in somewhere in my calibration.

·
All Moda!!!
77 Posts
I used this to tune my 20 and 30 degree cam angles yesterday while out running some errands. It works great. The values were dead on. I made changes so that Kautofuel says +7 in the cruise area netting me a consistent AF in the high 15s. 50, 40, and 10 degree cam angles are next. I assume this would work just as well with WOT tunes however I would have to beat on it for awhile to get enough data point. ;) This program will save part throttle tuners tons of time!!! I was getting about 19-21MPG on my built motor running alittle rich to be safe. Hopefully this will make a difference after a tank or two.

·
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I used this to tune my 20 and 30 degree cam angles yesterday while out running some errands. It works great. The values were dead on. I made changes so that Kautofuel says +7 in the cruise area netting me a consistent AF in the high 15s. 50, 40, and 10 degree cam angles are next. I assume this would work just as well with WOT tunes however I would have to beat on it for awhile to get enough data point. ;) This program will save part throttle tuners tons of time!!! I was getting about 19-21MPG on my built motor running alittle rich to be safe. Hopefully this will make a difference after a tank or two.
CAUTION!!! This program will NOT work for WOT tuning. You are better off using lambda overlay that is already in K-Pro for WOT tuning...unless you feel like going WOT for 30 minutes straight. This program only works for large amounts of data.

Glad to hear it helped on your cruise tuning:thumbsup: Thats the ONLY thing its good for:)

·
EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH
8,170 Posts
you get an occasional knock while cruising? I would try and find out where that is and reduce the ignition in that area and add a little more fuel. I HATE knowing that a knock in somewhere in my calibration.
ya... i get an occassional knock at very light throttle <3000rpm in 6th gear... sometimes the throttle will tip in a little bit (push down the pedal) and the knock sensor will go off .... if i stay over 3000rpm I am fine.. i am going to try to reduce the ignition in that area to compensate.

·
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
ya... i get an occassional knock at very light throttle <3000rpm in 6th gear... sometimes the throttle will tip in a little bit (push down the pedal) and the knock sensor will go off .... if i stay over 3000rpm I am fine.. i am going to try to reduce the ignition in that area to compensate.
good idea

·
EH EH EH EH EH EH EH EH
8,170 Posts
i might try to play with TPS ignition retard as well under gear comp tab and see if it helps... i am pretty sure i should set it to 0 and see how it is lol.

The amount of ignition retard from throttle tip in can be adjusted by gear. A value of -100% is minimum retard; a value of 0 of higher is more ignition retard.

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,088 Posts
I had to pull ign around the 3k area as well. The summer IAT's don't help at all and the presets for temp compensation table suck for DDing.

Don't forget to change the multiple tables depending on what cam angle you are running at 3k in the low speed table.

·
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
any updates from the people who have tried this?

21 - 40 of 442 Posts