Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

441 - 442 of 442 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
You would just lock the cam at whatever angle you want...10-40 and run the program on those datalogs. Doesn't have to be 20 or 30. Ignition and power need to be done on a dyno. There are several virtual dynos out there which Zurmagus knows a LOT about. It take a lot of pulls and a lot of gas but I think he's done a very good job at tuning his car on the street. Be careful doing so...police dont like it :)
thanks soo much so i can perfect every single cam angle easy just 45 min trips on every cam and then ill be good...now gotta get my test pipe and lean this car out.

·
Dafkup
2,080 Posts
You would just lock the cam at whatever angle you want...10-40 and run the program on those datalogs. Doesn't have to be 20 or 30. Ignition and power need to be done on a dyno. There are several virtual dynos out there which Zurmagus knows a LOT about. It take a lot of pulls and a lot of gas but I think he's done a very good job at tuning his car on the street. Be careful doing so...police dont like it :)
works for K 3.16:thumbsup: My experience has been different though because I have a K24 so It seems like it wants to stay around 15deg for cruise based on A/F values. 30 was way off and so was 10 but not as much as 30. 20deg was closest to target so I am contemplating based on further datalogs whether i'll leave it at 20 or go with 15. Or whether I'll have to do it all over again. I have a 50deg VTC installed 06 K24a2, but I guess the higher deg range will be for power tuning in the future.

441 - 442 of 442 Posts