Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my buddy crashed his crx a while back and got a dui and decided to give the car to me for FREE! so i haven't picked it up yet but im going to this weekend. from what he said it has a "new engine" don't know what and already has an exhaust.

but i think the engine is shot...litterly. he said it was rotting in his back yard for 2 years (no rust) and got bored one day and shot it with a gun. he said he shot it in the quarter panell...:( and i have no idea if the engine is done. he also said that the car runs! but smokes after a while...he said that i need to get the mount that holds the radiator. so the part that need to be replaced is the radiator it self and the hood.

i just took a 25k loan out and now want to do a k20 swap if the engine is no good witch prob is...what parts would i need to beable to do this. i have nooo experence in this so you guys need to help me out! and about how much would it run me to have this done at a shop? and/or if some one is in the western mass area, ill pay you to do it for me!

if anyof u guys are interested in doing it hit me up on aim (fhound258). please help me out!

·
147,303 Posts
Search, search, search. All the info is out there, just gotta find it.

www.k20a.org is your best bet, quite a few guys have done it with their CRX's.

I almost did mine, had the car, had the motor, just needed mounts but backed out because that's a lot of money to sink into a car with a value of probably $1-2k at the very most. Just didn't seem worth it anymore imo.

·
147,303 Posts
I don't know why I'm doing this, but...
- K20a2 (or whatever K-series you prefer)..........................$3000-4500
- Motor mounts............................$700+
- Karcepts shifter box..................$100-300
- K-Pro.........................................$700+
- Axles.........................................$400+
- Header (only 1-2 companies)....$300+
- Intake.......................................$250+

That's for the basicest of the basic. Honda Tuning did a K20a3 swap full write-up (still have the mag 1yr 8m later lol) and they went a little further by adding AEM FPR ($?) and some other stuff I believe

Forget about having a shop do it. A shop quoted me $3500 just for labor alone :thumbsdow

Basic skills you need (or need to find someone with) are welding. Then you'll need the engine hoist, and some tools. You could do this in a weekend if you wanted to (and were dedicated to it) and save yourself thousands in labor costs, plus it's more fun to do yourself :thumbsup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
boosted k series> then any boosted b series. dumbass
sorry but you dont know what this topic is about if you just said that, so dumbass, you got owned.

clearly if he states he has a budget and a k-series swap is way to much then why wud he do the swap AND boost it? wow some people need to get a clue.

·
Registered
358 Posts
You will regret doing any other swap! Yu'll be sort of fast but thats it man. B series is dead now, its all about the K. Thats where the powers at. You can break 200whp on a K20a2 with just minor bolt ons, easy! You wont see that at all with a b series, and torque..same scenario. If your budget is thight go with a k20a2 not a k20a, still powerful! Espcially on a light CRX...

·
Duffman OHH YEAAHH
9,811 Posts
sorry but you dont know what this topic is about if you just said that, so dumbass, you got owned.

clearly if he states he has a budget and a k-series swap is way to much then why wud he do the swap AND boost it? wow some people need to get a clue.
wow ur an idiot, hes saying how it would cost the same amount for a b swap+ FI or a k swap :shakehead

·
Registered
38 Posts
i dont know where that dude come up with his price sheet but he gets fucked on prices....i find complete k24a2 tsx swaps all day for 2500....and if u pay 700 dollars for mounts u jus got ass fucked....kswaps is where its at man....u shouldnt spend more than 5 to 6 grand if u shop around and do the work urself....plus if done correctly with minor bolt ons u have a 12 sec car....

·
9,233 Posts
10k to do 12's or
3k to do 11's

SOHC Vtec Turbo fully built
So sick
yea but reliability takes a shit on you..trust me..lol

go with a b20 block with b18 gsr vtec head and build it...my buddy built his and stuffed that shit into a hatch....every single part was new...radials in front and still no traction in 3rd gear, i believe it was around 245hp but i could be wrong

b-series:beerchug:
k-series...ehh but you have to spend a bit more

1 - 16 of 16 Posts