Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hah! Just responded to that post;

What your really seeing is mostly the drivers performing, not the cars. A lot of those guys are just Sunday driving. How lucky they are!!! So a lot of these guys have no clue what it's like to perform against other cars in a real track environment, no training or knowledge of track etiquette execution. Anyone who's tracked surely remembers their first few times out there - it can be a bit confusing and bewildering. The part I had trouble with was cars coming up from behind, it can happen so fast.

Not really related but funny story. This guy I knew in HSR (Historic Sport scar Racing) had a real 427 Cobra. He was going down the back straight at Road Atlanta at about 145-150. This car came up on him and passed him before he even knew it was there. Scared him so bad he "pissed himself". The guy that passed him? Paul Newman in his Nissan. Paul was in his 70s at the time.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
:thumbsup:I really should hunt down the mod list for that car....thats fast

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
not sure I see enough mods here for a edm type-r to hit 250hp....

- Honda ECU with K-For
- Závodní svíčky Denso IK01-24 Iridium Racing - Racing plugs Denso Iridium IK01-24 Racing
- Tlumič záklonu motoru Spoon - Spoon Engine Damper bending over backwards
- Hadice chlazení Samco - Cooling Hose Male
- Širokopásmová lambda Innovative Motorsport - Innovative Motorsports Wideband Lambda
- Sání TypeR, velký profil s filtrem HKS - Gains TypeR, great profile with HKS filter
- Klapka Spoon 62mm - Butterfly Spoon 62 mm
- Palivová kompozitová lišta Skunk2 - Composite Fuel Rail Skunk2
- Úprava tlaku benzínu - Adjustment of fuel pressure
- Vstřikovače RC 370ccm - RC injectors 370ccm
- Sání PRC se zvětšenou nádobou pro větší objem přefiltrovaného vzduchu - Gains PRC extended a greater volume of container for the filtered air
- Těsnění sání TypeR - TypeR Intake Gasket
- Výfuk SuperSprint s úpravou zadního dílu - Supersprint muffler to adjust back part
- Ventilové pružiny Toda - Toda Valve Springs
- Upravená hlava motoru, vyleštěné a optimalizované kanály, odlehčené ventily - A modified cylinder head, polished and optimized channels, lightweight valves
- Vačky Skunk2 Stage2 - Skunk2 Stage2 Cams
- Závodní napínák Toda - Toda Racing tensioner
- Závodní řetěz Toda - Toda Racing Chain
- Těsnění pod hlavu Mugen 0.47mm - Mugen head gasket 0.47 mm
- Závodní kované písty s vysokou kompresí, kroužky - Racing forged pistons high compression rings
- Závodní přepážky v olejové vaně zabraňující odlévání oleje - Racing counters in an oil bath to prevent the casting of oil
- Magnetické výpustní šrouby Skunk2 - Skunk2 Magnetic drain plug
- Stálý převod 5.1 Spoon - Final drive 5.1 Spoon
- Závodní synchron 3-4 s karbonovou brzdou - Racing 3-4 synchronized with carbon brakes
- LSD lamelová 1.5way Cusco - Cusco LSD vane 1.5way
- Zkrácené převody 4,5,6 z JDM CTR - Short transfer from 4,5,6 JDM CTR
- Lehký setrvačník 3.8kg Toda - Lightweight 3.8 kg flywheel Toda
- Zakázková závodní karbonová spojková lamela, dělená 3-prvková s odpruženým středem - Custom carbon fiber racing clutch plates, divided by 3-element with a spring-loaded center
- Přítlačný kotouč ATS HeavyDuty - Pressure plate ATS HeavyDuty

·
Registered
74 Posts
not sure I see enough mods here for a edm type-r to hit 250hp....
You dont see enough mods there for a type r to gain 50-60hp?:dontknow:

·
jessopmotorbodies.co.uk
34 Posts
Hah! Just responded to that post;

What your really seeing is mostly the drivers performing, not the cars. A lot of those guys are just Sunday driving. How lucky they are!!! So a lot of these guys have no clue what it's like to perform against other cars in a real track environment, no training or knowledge of track etiquette execution. Anyone who's tracked surely remembers their first few times out there - it can be a bit confusing and bewildering. The part I had trouble with was cars coming up from behind, it can happen so fast.

Not really related but funny story. This guy I knew in HSR (Historic Sport scar Racing) had a real 427 Cobra. He was going down the back straight at Road Atlanta at about 145-150. This car came up on him and passed him before he even knew it was there. Scared him so bad he "pissed himself". The guy that passed him? Paul Newman in his Nissan. Paul was in his 70s at the time.

ive been going to the ring for some years now and it is down to the drivers and not the cars, my brother took his 1.4 16v seat arosa round and had a battle with a seat leon cupra r running 285bhp and totaly smoked him, got talking to the guy in the car park and he couldnt believe his eyes when we poped the hood to show the poxy little engine ha ha, he was running kw variant 1 coilovers and 9j wheels with a touring car fast road set up but still supprised a hell of a lot around there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts