Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am helping out a friend with an article she's writing on about cars that are deemed "chick" cars (i.e. Beetles, Mini Coopers, Miatas) and but are actually really fun to drive, and thus, every guy should try.

Was a bit surprised myself to find the RSX on the list, but it is what it is.

Thoughts?

P.S. This is a "just for fun" article, that is not meant to offend anyone. Keep it candid.)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Am helping out a friend with an article she's writing on about cars that are deemed "chick" cars (i.e. Beetles, Mini Coopers, Miatas) and but are actually really fun to drive, and thus, every guy should try.

Was a bit surprised myself to find the RSX on the list, but it is what it is.

Thoughts?

P.S. This is a "just for fun" article, that is not meant to offend anyone. Keep it candid.)
One of my really dumb friends said that, he's a typical douche, so if your him they all are. Personally i'd say a stock base model would be a chick one, other then that the type-s and the ones i see on here... nooo way.

Ohh and I'm curious to know what classifies as a "chick" car?

·
Type - S(tolen)
1,832 Posts
Technically, you don't even own a RSX anymore!
Fine, I'll give you a serious answer to your question.

Since this is Club RSX Can East and there are only 2 active female members here, (you and VV) and only one of you owns a RSX one can only come to one of the following conclusions:

1) The RSX is primarily driven by males
2) Chicks don't know how to use computers
3) There are no computers in the kitchen

Feel free to pass this over to your friend. She can quote me.

·
fucks.given =< 0;
3,773 Posts

Since this is Club RSX Can East and there are only 2 active female members here, (you and VV) and only one of you owns a RSX one can only come to one of the following conclusions:

:rotfl:

epic bro... epic

·
dbl-O
5,500 Posts

:lawl:

·
Type - S(tolen)
1,832 Posts
To clarify something for all the Americans and the noobs or noob/Americans, OP is actually a chick (with a great rack I may add) and can probably run circles around you on a track... I'm just poking fun at her. :)

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Image-wise the RSX is considered a female driven car in Japan.

Btw I'm looking at your undercarriage at the moment, tres sexy :giggity: lol

For anyone whos interested, PM me for nudes :p (jk)

·
I make dyslexia sexy
293 Posts
Well IMO it boils down to the marketers trying to differentiate their product from the rest. There are many female drivers out there and they do have money to spend on vehicles. Marketers and Automotive Companies are capitalizing on this market because no one has before. Sure back in 1950 the male was the car purchaser and primary driver; but lets face it, in 2010 women have the same control men do. If not more. So in my humble opinion, these cars are being placed in to female segments of the market to capitalize on the uniqueness of the brand and the image of the vehicle to appeal to women. I believe that they're smart in doing it, because all of the vehicles mentioned are very successful in sales.

·
#selfie
83,462 Posts

:rotfl:

To answer the OP question I find the RSX can go both ways, depending on how it is modded or staying stock...

But IMO chick cars are more like Yaris's/mazda 2&3/VW bugs/minis.

·
undefeated
492 Posts
I believe any Honda can be considered a UNISEX car. The styling has been designed to attract both genders and Honda did it on purpose. My gf loves the RSX as well as the S2000 and NSX. You may find more girls driving the base rsx these days due to the fact that it's much cheaper now but that does not make it a chick car.

·
ex-rsxer
8,204 Posts
I don't think the RSX is a 'chicks car', no more so than any other sports coupe on the market. Do lot's of women drive them? Yes, women drive many types of cars. How many times have you seen a woman driving a mustang, but I wouldn't consider that a 'chicks car'.

The RSX is like a metrosexual car... most guys who drive them use too much hair gel and have shirts with nonsense on them.. ^ a unisex car like the guy above said.

Certain cars are more masculine than others for sure.. big pickups, camaros, M5's, s2k's(lol i wish)

Who knows...one thing I'm certain of is that the beatle is SUPER GAY.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Carlos thanks dudes.... I think *poke*

@Galen you at the shop? lol

@freerider_4life Great points! This survey was actually done by a men's website, not the manufacturer's website though. And it's true: women make over 85% of the household decisions these days.

·
Registered
16,978 Posts
I don't think the RSX is a 'chicks car', no more so than any other sports coupe on the market. Do lot's of women drive them? Yes, women drive many types of cars. How many times have you seen a woman driving a mustang, but I wouldn't consider that a 'chicks car'.

The RSX is like a metrosexual car... most guys who drive them use too much hair gel and have shirts with nonsense on them.. ^ a unisex car like the guy above said.

Certain cars are more masculine than others for sure.. big pickups, camaros, M5's, s2k's(lol i wish)

Who knows...one thing I'm certain of is that the beatle is SUPER GAY.
S2k? that's just slightly less gay than a miata!

however i'd still buy one.. :p

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.