Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dunno if this has been covered or not im just too lazy to do a search right now...i was wondering if anyone has tried to do custom exhaust larger then 3" on their car like maybe 3.5"...is this possible? also does anyone know what is the size of the tubing with the cybernation turbo kit and also if they eliminate the cat or not? thanx in advance!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
the largest i ve heard of on a rsx is 3 inch

·
Royale with cheese.
2,140 Posts
3.5 inch piping would leave you no back pressure im pretty sure and you would lose power over stock piping.

·
Royale with cheese.
2,140 Posts
maybe, im not wise with these pressure situations but was just shooting something out there that i thought i had read somewhere

·
Registered
241 Posts
The back pressure thing is just a myth. With a turbo you want to clear the exhaust gas out as quickly as possiable. This results in quicker spooling and more power sooner.

I'm newer to the turbo world but i believe what i said is correct.

-Mark :thumbsup:

·
Registered
340 Posts
3.5" is too big for a 2.0L street-driven car..Your low-end throttle response will suffer severely..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the car will be and is driven only 3 months of the year and even then its only taken out for fun i drive around a beater car during school and to work...so my question is what is the best exhaust set up for a turbo rsx? also would i benefit more from say a 2.75" titanium exhaust or a 3" stainless steel exhaust? the titanium would save alot of weight but the freer flowing exhaust should give more power...which do u think would be better?

·
6,734 Posts
I am using 3inch and I love it. Any thing larger and you will run into clearance problems with the back axles and suspension and the fact that it will hang down too low.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
does anybody have a 3" turboback? it just seems to make sense that if i have a 2.5" downpipe, whats the point of haveing 3" if the downpipe will just stay smaller?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
RSXdelerium said:
does anybody have a 3" turboback? it just seems to make sense that if i have a 2.5" downpipe, whats the point of haveing 3" if the downpipe will just stay smaller?
Yeah what he said!

·
OSU RSXer
114 Posts
RSXdelerium said:
Good point; All you'd do is get lower exhaust velocity since you'd be moving the same amount of exhaust, but with a larger volume to do it in. Dunno how that would affect torque or turbo spool-up, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts