Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy Robert bought me an Autometer A/F Gauge (Ultra-Lite Series) for Christmas. I really only wanted this one gauge and didn't really care for any of the single gauge pods that are available to buy. Sooooo, I decided to remove my power accessory plug, drill two holes to put the threads from the gauge through, use the thumb screws to hold it in place, and there you go. It was really easy to install and I think it looks clean and not out of place, in my opinion. I don't think anyone has tried mounting a gauge like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
you should of just drilled the hole with a hole saw right next to the acc plug....can you write up some quick instructions

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
How far does it stick out?

·
Banned
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I first removed the acc plug. The gauge comes with threads attached to the back. I drilled with a small pilot hole first and then ended with a 3/16 bit. Pushed the threads all the way through and then used the supplied thumb screws to hold it in place. It's not going anywhere. I can see the gauge very well. I'll get some pics from the side to show how it sticks out.

·
this is my inner child
3,954 Posts
Looks real clean.
I'm thinking of drilling right next to that plug. If I can figure out a way to install one.

How could I run an A/F meter with a O2 sim. installed on my car (anyone) ?

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
can you fit a large drink on that side? I need to figure out somewhere to mount my oil pressure gauge.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts