Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
エアロキット&#
2004 Acura RSX Type S Milano Red
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have you have thought about doing something to an oem wing for the rsx to make it better? no ? well I did...

I thought about cutting off the two areas where the screws go into the trunk, so the wing is flat, and somehow attaching it to the hatch, and have it come out beyond the hatch about an inch or so- like a mugen wing on an crx (sort of)

to attach it, I would reuse the screw hole areas, but have them so when they screw in the oem wing sits flat.

im going to try it when I get home from college, but here are two pics to show you my idea-

- in the pics it looks like the 05-06 trunklid lip, but i think it would look different in real life.

·
Evil Angel
236 Posts
Interesting... :dontknow:

·
エアロキット&#
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i mean, i have a type r one too, and i am always trying to figure out what I could do with my oem one for alittle change.

·
エアロキット&#
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if I dont do this idea to my oem wing, im going to make my own "mugen style" wing just like this tsx:

I will shape it out of pink insulation foam and layer it with fiberglass .

which project should I do? ill make a diy for it also.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
lol wow.. you should see my fiberglass wing that I made in my garage for my RSX..
This Type R one is a much better idea...

I didn't properly support my fiberglass wing and it distorted while drying.
Oh well.. it was my first time working with fiberglass so I kindof expected it.

·
エアロキット&#
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I go to design school, so I do alot of molding and whatnot with different foams.

I plan to recreate a mugen trunklid lip just like the pics I posted, so when you

look at the car from the side, the wing makes the car look very straight, so it wont stick up any higher then the trunk, but will stick out......

like this:

·
zomg zomg
3,009 Posts
Cool let us know how it goes, it if goes wrong o well its just an OEM wing, get the aspec one.

·
BUY MY CAR!!!
4,908 Posts
I go to design school, so I do alot of molding and whatnot with different foams.

I plan to recreate a mugen trunklid lip just like the pics I posted, so when you

look at the car from the side, the wing makes the car look very straight, so it wont stick up any higher then the trunk, but will stick out......

like this:

that s2k looks badass in the 2nd pic w/ the hardtop.

·
doesn't even have an RSX
28,924 Posts
can't say i like it but i gotta give credit to originality
+rep :thumbsup:
:iamwiths: except nep rep instead :thumbsdowJust kidding
On a serious note though, I wonder how many people would have bought MUGEN spoilers if they
were made by another company. Some of these mugen spoilers look like shit; period.​

·
エアロキット&#
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
knwldge54:

whats your problem? what did I do to you? jeeeez, its just an idea, and Ive

havnt even tried it yet and you gotta be all negative for no reason.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.