Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey club rsx! so not even a year ago I was having troubles with my TPS sensor so I decided to go out and buy a Ktuned TPS sensor based on their durability. So I bolted it on and tuned it threw Kpro (0% when shut 100% when opened) and it still didn't really fix my problem. I NEED HELP DESPERATELY!!!! After approx half hour of driving my car will start cutting power and make it nearly impossible to drive, it will sputter so hard that it feels like my engine mounts are gunna bust! When this happens I pull over and unplug my TPS sensor (while the motor is running) and plug it back in and that will temporarily fix it for approx another half hour. CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT??? I love going on long road trips but I can't do it with this happening... what could it be? I've been told coil packs, a tune.. everything! and I don't even have a CEL?!?! what could this be? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

·
06 JGM type-s
39 Posts
Have you checked the tps harness? Could have a short somewhere or a break. Happend to me, easiest way to tell is by backprobing the red/black wire going to the tps. Also if you have a nice diagnostic reader you can also map the TPS voltage and look for voltage drops. Goodluck, TPS issue's in the rsx are often a nightmare.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i back probe the black and red wire? I've never done something like that, could you give me a quick run down on how to do it? or maybe a link? thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts