Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just let me say in advance sorry if I somehow missed it but I searched like a bitch for pics or instructions and couldn't find shit. A dude I talked to on here though said in order to get that low ass drop tucking wheel with the Skunk coilover sleeves I need to cut the fuckin perch on my stock struts? Well I'm looking at these struts and don't get what I'm supposed to be cutting off? And this is just for the fronts right? Or the rears too? And what the hell does everyone use to cut these? a sawzall? If someone can just post some pics and circle what I'm supposed to be cutting I'd really appreciate it.

Just for reference, I'm on Skunk2 springs right now and the drop is okay but not that slammed look I want. I want absolutely no wheel well space and from what I've seen no springs will do it. So if they're's any other sleeves y'all no of where I don't need to cut shit please say so. I'm on a budget so don't recommend Progress or any of that high end shit. Thanks

·
i haz gold plated diapers
1,884 Posts
Just let me say in advance sorry if I somehow missed it but I searched like a bitch for pics or instructions and couldn't find shit. A dude I talked to on here though said in order to get that low ass drop tucking wheel with the Skunk coilover sleeves I need to cut the fuckin perch on my stock struts? Well I'm looking at these struts and don't get what I'm supposed to be cutting off? And this is just for the fronts right? Or the rears too? And what the hell does everyone use to cut these? a sawzall? If someone can just post some pics and circle what I'm supposed to be cutting I'd really appreciate it.

Just for reference, I'm on Skunk2 springs right now and the drop is okay but not that slammed look I want. I want absolutely no wheel well space and from what I've seen no springs will do it. So if they're's any other sleeves y'all no of where I don't need to cut shit please say so. I'm on a budget so don't recommend Progress or any of that high end shit. Thanks
i have eibach sport lines, and skunk2 drops lower then sportlines...and i got like 1 finger back 1 1/2 front :dontknow: the skunk2 specs should def be lower then mine

·
Banned
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i got like 1.5 in front and 1 finger in back with my skunk2 springs but I want my wheels tucked. The shit isn't low enough for me which is why im gonna go with these sleeves.

·
Banned
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a shitty pic of the cutting job I did on one of my front struts. I used white out to mark where I needed to cut and used a sawzall with a metal cutting blade. Worked like a charm, the only thing is getting the strut to hold still.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Not our suspension but you get the ideal. The perch is the thing the spring sits on. Just the fronts. And remember to leave a lip for the threaded part of the coil to sit on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts