Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i like the greddy kit alot, because of the qaulity components, ect ect ect... i want to turbocharge my RSX sometime next year... and im leaning towards the greddy kit.... however, Cybernation is comming out with the gaurdian very soon and i rather have the gaurdian running running it all instead of a E-manage....

will the gaurdian work with the greddy kit?? im afraid to ask this in the cybernation thread.. i am looking to possibly sell the emanage that the kit comes with and buy the gaurdian...

any thoughts?

· Registered
320 Posts
RSXTACY61 said:
i like the greddy kit alot, because of the qaulity components, ect ect ect... i want to turbocharge my RSX sometime next year... and im leaning towards the greddy kit.... however, Cybernation is comming out with the gaurdian very soon and i rather have the gaurdian running running it all instead of a E-manage....

will the gaurdian work with the greddy kit?? im afraid to ask this in the cybernation thread.. i am looking to possibly sell the emanage that the kit comes with and buy the gaurdian...

any thoughts?
im pretty sure it will, u could also get the kpro and have it tunned that is wut i will be running in bout 2 weeks.

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2.0turbo said:
Yes, run k pro with the greddy kit
i live in new hampshire.. there arent too many places around with a dyno... and the places that are, are mad expensive... i liked the idea of the gaurdian because i woudnt have to ever dyno.. i just wasnt sure about it being compatible..

· Registered
875 Posts
What's this about never having to dyno? I know I don't completely understand this Guardian unit, but wouldn't you still have to dyno to make the car run perfect and extract power?

· I love Audi Junkie!!!
3,072 Posts
RSXTACY61 said:
... i liked the idea of the -------- because i woudnt have to ever dyno
To me, there is something fundamentally disturbing about not having to "Tune" your car, when you are asking it to perform in such demanding environments???

Do it right, select a true engine management solution... Go K-Pro or wait for the AEM system to be released.

Just MY opinion.

-JMS

· Registered
320 Posts
JMShipp2 said:
To me, there is something fundamentally disturbing about not having to "Tune" your car, when you are asking it to perform in such demanding environments???

Do it right, select a true engine management solution... Go K-Pro or wait for the AEM system to be released.

Just MY opinion.

-JMS
yea, i ordered the kpro and will be going that route, least this way i can tune my car the way i like it and make sure it will run safetly. i think ur putting way to much trust into the guardain system and i heard that it cant adjust fuel or something, dont quote me on that though

· Registered
875 Posts
No, I think that's what the Guardian is, it will run like as advance timing as possible w/o detonation and it will automatically adjust fuel to the boost it sees, but like he said, don't quote me on that. I just started reading up on the Guardian.

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JMShipp2 said:

Just MY opinion.

-JMS

u have to read through the "ask cybernation thread" the whole idea of the gaurdian is so that your car will always run tip-top shape. it will make your car perform at its peak... without ever having to spend tons of money to tune it. the gaurdian was created to also act as a safety device so your engine doesnt blow itself up...
the guys at CN are pretty smart..

· Registered
52 Posts
From what I have read, and I think I have read nearly every thread about it, it is NOT going to be the end all solution to tuning. JMShipp2 is most definitely the most outspoken "critic" of Guardian, and his concerns are for the most part valid. Guardian WILL NOT extract every last ounce of power from your setup. That is not even its intention.

Instead, Guardian is rumored/semi-proved to produce a "safe" tune with very good gains. Yes, emfollin, it knows... It is a computer, so it reads sensors. Same as your cars know to eject the air bag because the moron in the seat just ran into a tree.

In my opinion, if YOU really want to get into the nuts and bolts of tuning and are ok with potentially blowing an engine because of lack of expiriance; or if you have a few thousand dollars to spend on professional tuning then go K-Pro. If however YOU are looking for a more plug and play type deal and would like some added safety (although obviously not fool proof), and are willing to sacrafice a few HP here and there, then take a look at Guardian (when it comes out of course...).

I hope this does not come across as bias, both have thier strong points. Keep going with your search, there is a ton of information about both on this site. You may also want to take a look at cybernations site, there is some additional information there.

Whatever you choose, good luck!

· Registered
875 Posts
Alright, so basically the guardian will act like a stock ECU seeing boost. It's not max performance but just will adjust as it sees things. It sounds like a nice idea. It would be nice if idea could be adapted to the VQ35DE engine as that will be my next project.

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
emfollin said:
Alright, so basically the guardian will act like a stock ECU seeing boost. It's not max performance but just will adjust as it sees things. It sounds like a nice idea. It would be nice if idea could be adapted to the VQ35DE engine as that will be my next project.

its magic actually.... :thumbsup:

as for other cars... i bet ull see other cars come out later..

· I love Audi Junkie!!!
3,072 Posts
RSXTACY61 said:
u have to read through the "ask cybernation thread" the whole idea of the gaurdian is so that your car will always run tip-top shape. it will make your car perform at its peak... without ever having to spend tons of money to tune it. the gaurdian was created to also act as a safety device so your engine doesnt blow itself up...
the guys at CN are pretty smart..

O.K..

· I love Audi Junkie!!!
3,072 Posts
turboboost99 said:
From what I have read, and I think I have read nearly every thread about it, it is NOT going to be the end all solution to tuning. JMShipp2 is most definitely the most outspoken "critic" of Guardian, and his concerns are for the most part valid. Guardian WILL NOT extract every last ounce of power from your setup. That is not even its intention.

Instead, Guardian is rumored/semi-proved to produce a "safe" tune with very good gains. Yes, emfollin, it knows... It is a computer, so it reads sensors. Same as your cars know to eject the air bag because the moron in the seat just ran into a tree.

In my opinion, if YOU really want to get into the nuts and bolts of tuning and are ok with potentially blowing an engine because of lack of expiriance; or if you have a few thousand dollars to spend on professional tuning then go K-Pro. If however YOU are looking for a more plug and play type deal and would like some added safety (although obviously not fool proof), and are willing to sacrafice a few HP here and there, then take a look at Guardian (when it comes out of course...).

I hope this does not come across as bias, both have thier strong points. Keep going with your search, there is a ton of information about both on this site. You may also want to take a look at cybernations site, there is some additional information there.

Whatever you choose, good luck!

Good post.. Way to stay neutral!!! :thumbsup: I wish I could excercise this sort of self control.. LOL

-JMS

· 4bangerlvr
376 Posts
Yes great post I agree. If you are going to turbo your car anyway then you should get use to tuning it. Once you get over the fears of that then you can be a bigger contender. Anyone that is willing to go through the purchase of a turbo kit should be aware that the tuning of the car is the hardest part. My 2 cents are to go K-Pro with some 550s. Dedicate your time to tuning the shit out of it! I am doing just that so I can mop up on some cocky SVT Cobras that rome the streets. Ever since I lost to the cobra that license plate read "VTECWHO" I am on a mission to beat it. My 204 whp natural aspiration did not stand up against that thing. But turbod......well I'll find out soon enough.

Good Luck!

· Registered
362 Posts
When is the guardian coming out? Anyone know how much the kit supposed to cost bout? i was gonna go turbo before december and go cybernation kit but now that you guys have explained more about the convenience of this cybernation, i just wanna wait till that comes out, but dont know when itll happen and also...Im just hoping that since its a new release there wont be any problems etc...example, trip the ecu or something and have it run max performance, beyond safe points at all times...that would suck

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.