Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im looking to buy the Cybernation kit as soon as they release the guardian (whenever that is) anyways I was looking at rev hard site looks like it only adds about 75 hp and brings car up to 215 whp. To me that seems kinda weak still for turbo kit, making type S running only prob low 14's if anything high 13's maybe.

Anyways Cybernation kit says 250-300whp is this bolted straight on with no tuning? I can get a rev hard kit brand new for about 2500 so I was wondering if I should just go with rev hard since Id save about 1500, since the cybernation is about 4K for the kit. What are your guy's opinion? I know some folks wil say jump on it, some will say just wait pay the extra 1500 for cybernation and some will leave negative feedback since they have had bad experx. with rev hard but personally I havent so I dont see anything that bad about it, other than the major diff of hp and tq gain from cybernation.

btw someone messaged me about buying a kit whoever that is I Think their sn was HidinTypeR I forget, message me again if you didnt already get my message (hope was right person)

· Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any major reason why? I mean it is 1500 bux diff. And is 4K pretty firm or do other sites sell them also for cheaper that I dont know about. I fig by time its taxed etc your paying like 4300 or so for the kit pretty pricy for a turbo kit.

· Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually looking at dyno charts on cybernation website stage one kit puts out only 215 whp on 7psi rev hard is exactly the same, I just seriously want to get the better kit (still leaning to cybernation), I dont mind the price but I also dont want to buy a cybernation kit if it puts out same 1/4 times and numbers on dyno as rev hard but for 1500 more.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
215 whp? Are you in a base or what?

Check thier projet car section. The CN Stage 1 is putting down 275.

"Cybernation Stage 1 Turbo System
SPECS
275 HP and 210 lbs. Torque to the Wheel on 7psi of Boost T3T4Turbonetics Turbo
Custom Manifold
Custom 2 1/4 Inch Piping
Delta Wastegate
Turbonetics Intercooler
Holly Fuel Intake Pump
440cc Injectors
Apexi S-AFC Fuel Controller
Profec-B Boost Controller
Vortc FMU
Greddy Blow Off Valve
Cybernation ECU Chip
2.0 Liter RSX Type-S iVTEC Motor
DC Sport Aluminum Oil Cap
Cybernation Black Magic ELF
Turbonetics Turbo
Custom Manifold"

· Registered
1,938 Posts
I dont know where you are looking at, but from all the dyno data i have seen a stage 1 at 7psi puts down around 270 at the wheels

· Registered
464 Posts
alluneedis1mlke said:
Actually looking at dyno charts on cybernation website stage one kit puts out only 215 whp on 7psi rev hard is exactly the same, I just seriously want to get the better kit (still leaning to cybernation), I dont mind the price but I also dont want to buy a cybernation kit if it puts out same 1/4 times and numbers on dyno as rev hard but for 1500 more.
All stage I kits for the type-s push out 280whp to 300whp. The kit is capable of pushing well over 400whp but with stock internals it is not recommended. We have never dyno'd a stage I type-s at 215whp unless there was something wrong with the car. Maybe you were looking at the torque numbers?

· Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah my bad I was accidently looking at that, yeah I still plan to get Cybernation over Rev Hard. Ran Deezle since you have Rev Hard how do you like it? I mean your obv. telling me to buy something else, you must hate your kit. What kind of numbers do you put down anyways, anything close to cybernation kit stage 1? I know your saying if you could do it all over again ud get cybernation but Im just generally asking a kit for 2500 Rev hard I guess isnt worth it and the 4K cybernation is worth all the money, I probably would agree from reading everyones positive feedback on their end.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Welp... I hated the intercooler piping the second I saw it. The kit was second-hand, so my installation process was frustrating from the very start. There were no directions for the RSX, so I went off the Civic Si's .pdf instructions that revhard's site offers.

The piping was BEYOND wacky... I eventually had to have a whole section cut so I could fit it and still be able to shift into 5th and on.

The tuning sucked also. My kit had the Greddy E-Manage... nuf said on that. I figrued "oh I guess it must be the emanage", but no Kracker (who had the newer kit that included hondata) had the same symptoms I was having around 5500rpms with the rapid backfires and sputtering.

Truthfully, I have never redlined my car while boosted... not one time have I felt my car pull like a healthy turboed car should.

Right now I am in the process of switching my tune over to Cybernation's (BMII and Safc-II). As a matter of fact it should arrive tomorrow so I can get started with the wiring.:thumbsup: In addition, pistons/rods/headstuds~gasket/block guard will be purchased as well.

· Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
I have part of a rev-hard and it sucks ass!! The pipes are beyond a retarded retard....just plain stupid how they have them put on. Dont come with instructions, and the turbo sits about 1/2" from one of the a/c lines. Just go CN and you can thank us later.... :laughing:

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Hey what did you do about that btw? To fit the turbo, I had to bend the lines upward, but there is still about a 1" gap between the compressor housing and the line. I was gonna wrap it, but I figured it really wouldnt affect anything since those lines get cold anyways off the AC (right?).

I just put my turbo back in yesterday, lemme take a picture and show you revhards lovely clearance.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Oops.. I guess I was talking about the exhaust side... as you can see the comrpessor housing is pretty much making contact with the ac lines.

Granted this is a larger turbo then what Revhard offers now, this still makes me wonder if they even test fitted it first. BTW this is after taking a wrench and prying the ac lines up a good 1.5" Before, the compressor side wouldnt sit all the way because it was just too damn big. Had to bend it upward so it could get under.

For this I'm gonna have to thank my former sidekick (weed):laughing: Before, I had the black harness w/ green connectors hovering above the exhaust side... not a good idea lemme tell you. On a long drive that thing was sure to melt and catch on fire. What I did was I cracked those connector things and took them off, wrapped it in heat wrap and wrapped it again in electric tape to make it less noticable.

After that I was looking for good places to stick it, so that spot up behind the ac lines looked perfect. Sure enough it fit like a charm and I am waaay more relaxed now knowing its further away.

ADDED: Here is just a quick comparison to show you how I had it before and how it is now. Notice the clearance on the left, and how hat harness w/ green connectors is sitting right above the exhaust side. I pulled it up and even zip tied it as high as it would go, no good.

Another thing I dont like about my kit is the damn downpipe. It seems like every other kit came with a downpipe that had a bottom flange on it so it was a nice easy bolt on for any exhaust system you wanted. Welp, i dunno about Kracker, but my kit had no flange, just straiht pipe. Not only that, but the way it's lined up, if the pipe was to continue it would smack right into my subframe. I guess the only way I'm gonna be able to attach any exhaust is for me to first bend the piping a little more so it will flow in the correct path *smacks forhead*.

· Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
Hmm....actually my turbine discharge (flange going to hot side of IC) is pointing downward, looks like yours is up :dontknow: . I just thermo-wrapped EVERYTHING near it. My power steering line goes right between the exhaust side and compressor side...horrible design. Do you have the ES MM on your car? That might make a difference on how low the engine sits in the bay. Also, my downpipe was just a piece of pipe with no flange what so ever on it.....damn retards. So I took about 4" off the downpipe and took it to a muffler shop and they ran 3" from mid downpipe all the way to the back of the car. No resonators, no cat, straight-through muffler (apexi N1). That freed up an amazing amount of power.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Yeah see my kit is older than yours. I have the kit they produced before they made changes to the piping.

If you think yours was hard... try installing the piping even THEY thought was wacky:laughing: If you check revhard's site they'll have a caption under the pictures that says something about how they re-designed the piping so X goes here and Y goes there.

Good idea with the downpipe:thumbsup:

Hey are you still using the Deltagate? If so did your kit come with a dump tube? Mine sure as hell didnt:firemad:

I had my boy order a flange and pipe from Turbonetics, it should be here tomorrow.

edit: yeah I have the es inserts:thumbsup:

· Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
Yeah Im using the turbosmart wastegate that came with the kit. I think its a 25 or 30mm diaphram. It still has the same 7lb spring in it, but Im using the greddy MBC. It came with a dump tube...it ends right below the intermediate shaft. Its about a 1" or 1.5" in diameter. It works fine, but damn its loud once that WG is wide open.

What size turbo do you have?? Mines the t3/t4....

· Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
Hmm....technically mines the precision SC34. Capable of roughly 575hp (or 25 lbs). Its a T3/T04E with a .60 exhaust and .63 compressor....im about 90% sure about that.

In other words, yours is probley HUGE :spin:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.