Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Banned
3,454 Posts
215 whp? Are you in a base or what?

Check thier projet car section. The CN Stage 1 is putting down 275.

"Cybernation Stage 1 Turbo System
SPECS
275 HP and 210 lbs. Torque to the Wheel on 7psi of Boost T3T4Turbonetics Turbo
Custom Manifold
Custom 2 1/4 Inch Piping
Delta Wastegate
Turbonetics Intercooler
Holly Fuel Intake Pump
440cc Injectors
Apexi S-AFC Fuel Controller
Profec-B Boost Controller
Vortc FMU
Greddy Blow Off Valve
Cybernation ECU Chip
2.0 Liter RSX Type-S iVTEC Motor
DC Sport Aluminum Oil Cap
Cybernation Black Magic ELF
Turbonetics Turbo
Custom Manifold"

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Welp... I hated the intercooler piping the second I saw it. The kit was second-hand, so my installation process was frustrating from the very start. There were no directions for the RSX, so I went off the Civic Si's .pdf instructions that revhard's site offers.

The piping was BEYOND wacky... I eventually had to have a whole section cut so I could fit it and still be able to shift into 5th and on.

The tuning sucked also. My kit had the Greddy E-Manage... nuf said on that. I figrued "oh I guess it must be the emanage", but no Kracker (who had the newer kit that included hondata) had the same symptoms I was having around 5500rpms with the rapid backfires and sputtering.

Truthfully, I have never redlined my car while boosted... not one time have I felt my car pull like a healthy turboed car should.

Right now I am in the process of switching my tune over to Cybernation's (BMII and Safc-II). As a matter of fact it should arrive tomorrow so I can get started with the wiring.:thumbsup: In addition, pistons/rods/headstuds~gasket/block guard will be purchased as well.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Hey what did you do about that btw? To fit the turbo, I had to bend the lines upward, but there is still about a 1" gap between the compressor housing and the line. I was gonna wrap it, but I figured it really wouldnt affect anything since those lines get cold anyways off the AC (right?).

I just put my turbo back in yesterday, lemme take a picture and show you revhards lovely clearance.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Oops.. I guess I was talking about the exhaust side... as you can see the comrpessor housing is pretty much making contact with the ac lines.

Granted this is a larger turbo then what Revhard offers now, this still makes me wonder if they even test fitted it first. BTW this is after taking a wrench and prying the ac lines up a good 1.5" Before, the compressor side wouldnt sit all the way because it was just too damn big. Had to bend it upward so it could get under.

For this I'm gonna have to thank my former sidekick (weed):laughing: Before, I had the black harness w/ green connectors hovering above the exhaust side... not a good idea lemme tell you. On a long drive that thing was sure to melt and catch on fire. What I did was I cracked those connector things and took them off, wrapped it in heat wrap and wrapped it again in electric tape to make it less noticable.

After that I was looking for good places to stick it, so that spot up behind the ac lines looked perfect. Sure enough it fit like a charm and I am waaay more relaxed now knowing its further away.

ADDED: Here is just a quick comparison to show you how I had it before and how it is now. Notice the clearance on the left, and how hat harness w/ green connectors is sitting right above the exhaust side. I pulled it up and even zip tied it as high as it would go, no good.

Another thing I dont like about my kit is the damn downpipe. It seems like every other kit came with a downpipe that had a bottom flange on it so it was a nice easy bolt on for any exhaust system you wanted. Welp, i dunno about Kracker, but my kit had no flange, just straiht pipe. Not only that, but the way it's lined up, if the pipe was to continue it would smack right into my subframe. I guess the only way I'm gonna be able to attach any exhaust is for me to first bend the piping a little more so it will flow in the correct path *smacks forhead*.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Yeah see my kit is older than yours. I have the kit they produced before they made changes to the piping.

If you think yours was hard... try installing the piping even THEY thought was wacky:laughing: If you check revhard's site they'll have a caption under the pictures that says something about how they re-designed the piping so X goes here and Y goes there.

Good idea with the downpipe:thumbsup:

Hey are you still using the Deltagate? If so did your kit come with a dump tube? Mine sure as hell didnt:firemad:

I had my boy order a flange and pipe from Turbonetics, it should be here tomorrow.

edit: yeah I have the es inserts:thumbsup:

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

But you're still faster:(

Are you switching your tune up soon? How's your car running now with high boost? I realize I'm 3-4 steps behind you, so any suggestions you may have I'm open to hear.

I REALLY dont wanna hook my fmu up, people say it makes tuning harder. Besides after I have my sensors (o2) back together I'm switching to the guardian, and the FMU isnt compatable with it.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
I do plan on hooking up a return line, would that be good enough? By the time I have my bottom end rebuilt, I will also have the 3" piping & guardian purchased.

Did you have to have your downpipe diamater increased? How did you connect the 2.5" downpipe to your custom 3" piping?

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Lol, good man. I have nothing against revhard personally... if thier product was good I would say so.

Given their track record with rsxs, I highly suggest EVERYBODY stay away from revhard's turbo kits. Cybernation is just a better kit, hands down. Greddy is good too, and installation is a breeze. I could easily have that thing installed in one day starting early in the morning.

Once greddy releases thier turbo upgrade kit, they will be a little more desirable. Right now their power just isnt as nice as CN's, plus they come with the infamous E-Manage which I hate.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Yeah please do.

I already have an fmu, I just dont wanna hook it up. Honestly, after all that work I did to wire the safc-II and black magicII up (yeah you know its a bitch to do), I have no intentions to switch to anything else for quite some time. I think this combo will get me where I need to be.

On monday I will get pricing for thier return hardware. I pmed Lee and he said he'd get back to me, but I know he's a busy guy so I'll ask again.

I'm very confident in my ability to install a return line myself. The intsructions are crystal clear to me and I dont trust a shop to do it.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
kracker said:
I dont blame you one bit!! Fuck letting a shop mess up my car and scratch it up....I would rather be the one to do it :laughing:

It is a pain in the ass getting those little damn wires soldered in there....especially the + and -, without messing up the other wires around it, and not letting them short together. In cases like that...liquid electrical tape is your best friend.

Running a return line is not all that bad...just make SURE you have no leaks and there is nothing vibrating/rubbing on the line. I ran mine down beside the brake lines going to the rear of the car. I used a zip tie about every 6-8"
Alright cool. I'm really confident in the return line install. Would the stock settings be cool for me on the Safc-II? I know for fuel I might need to tweak this and that, but my flow might be right around where the 60-1 is or higher.

My safc-ii didnt come with any manuals, so really the best I can do now is just fiddle with it until I get the hang of how it works. I have directions on how to set it up for CN, but really I dont know what I'm doing. I can follow the directions printed, but if someone was to ask me what I was doing, I wouldnt be able to answer them.

I'll take a picture of my fmu and just make it easy to find out where what goes to where.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Just connect them together man:laughing:

I'm so visual its sad... if you connect everything together in paint I will have a MUCH better idea of how the fmu/pump/pulsator thingy/fuel rail all work together.

Right now its not too clear to me.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Anybody???

I know there is more than 1 person here running the pump/fmu/return combo. Surely somebody has a clue how everything is routed. I'm just looking for a basic idea of how everything in the bay is connected together.

Lol this is the same thing that happened when I was wondering where the compression housing connected to. Heh, everybody had an answer right after I overboosted.

Hurry up bitches!!!!:p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.