Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

But you're still faster:(

Are you switching your tune up soon? How's your car running now with high boost? I realize I'm 3-4 steps behind you, so any suggestions you may have I'm open to hear.

I REALLY dont wanna hook my fmu up, people say it makes tuning harder. Besides after I have my sensors (o2) back together I'm switching to the guardian, and the FMU isnt compatable with it.

· Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
My car is running excellent right now *knock on wood*. Tuning is a little challenging, but not impossible. Just go to the dyno and be prepared to spend a few hours...bring some ice. I havnt went for a final tune yet, but Im running good enough so that I dont blow up.

if you are going with the guardian, then I wouldnt waste the time/money on the fmu. BUT, you cant run probley more than 12lbs without it on just the safcII. You might be able to, but I would rather play it on the safe side. Ill be going to the dyno sometime soon, and tuning for 18lbs for the street. Then 22lbs (on race gas) for the track. On 22lbs I should be good for +425whp :nervous:

I just found out that the t3/60-1 flows 781cfm and my stupid t3/to4e only puts out 678cfm...thats a BIG difference. IF you have any ?'s just let me know, I know its going to be a long road to go down...but its well worth it in the end.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
I do plan on hooking up a return line, would that be good enough? By the time I have my bottom end rebuilt, I will also have the 3" piping & guardian purchased.

Did you have to have your downpipe diamater increased? How did you connect the 2.5" downpipe to your custom 3" piping?

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Lol, good man. I have nothing against revhard personally... if thier product was good I would say so.

Given their track record with rsxs, I highly suggest EVERYBODY stay away from revhard's turbo kits. Cybernation is just a better kit, hands down. Greddy is good too, and installation is a breeze. I could easily have that thing installed in one day starting early in the morning.

Once greddy releases thier turbo upgrade kit, they will be a little more desirable. Right now their power just isnt as nice as CN's, plus they come with the infamous E-Manage which I hate.

· Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
Randeezle said:
I do plan on hooking up a return line, would that be good enough? By the time I have my bottom end rebuilt, I will also have the 3" piping & guardian purchased.

Did you have to have your downpipe diamater increased? How did you connect the 2.5" downpipe to your custom 3" piping?

With the FMU your going to be getting A LOT more fuel than just a return line. The thing is that the CN turbo makes boost a lot faster than the revhard turbo that you and I have. I used the stage II settings from CN, and Im running extremly rich from 3400-5000...or where the CN turbo has more boost than ours. Just to play it safe I wouldnt go over 12lbs...and tune it on a dyno. Or you could buy the FMU ($125) (get the 12:1), use it, tune on it, then sell it when you get the guardian.

I could not get the downpipe diameter increased, because the ******** around here dont have a mandrel bender. The crush bender that the use around here only has a 6" curve radius...other words they couldnt have made the bends tight enough. To connect the DP from 2.5" to 3"...the shop took the downpipe, flared it out, put an adapter in it (2.5 to 3), and then they just hooked up the 3" straight back. Word of important advice: get flanges! I made sure that I had at least 2 flanges so that I can take off the exhaust in pieces. It was $150 for 3" piping all the way back with: 2 flanges, hangers, gaskets, etc.

BTW, that safc looks good :thumbsup: . I made a cover for the spot under my radio (cd holder??) and mounted mine there. Ill put some pics up later.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Yeah please do.

I already have an fmu, I just dont wanna hook it up. Honestly, after all that work I did to wire the safc-II and black magicII up (yeah you know its a bitch to do), I have no intentions to switch to anything else for quite some time. I think this combo will get me where I need to be.

On monday I will get pricing for thier return hardware. I pmed Lee and he said he'd get back to me, but I know he's a busy guy so I'll ask again.

I'm very confident in my ability to install a return line myself. The intsructions are crystal clear to me and I dont trust a shop to do it.

· Still tuning....
4,331 Posts
I dont blame you one bit!! Fuck letting a shop mess up my car and scratch it up....I would rather be the one to do it :laughing:

It is a pain in the ass getting those little damn wires soldered in there....especially the + and -, without messing up the other wires around it, and not letting them short together. In cases like that...liquid electrical tape is your best friend.

Running a return line is not all that bad...just make SURE you have no leaks and there is nothing vibrating/rubbing on the line. I ran mine down beside the brake lines going to the rear of the car. I used a zip tie about every 6-8"

· Banned
3,454 Posts
kracker said:
I dont blame you one bit!! Fuck letting a shop mess up my car and scratch it up....I would rather be the one to do it :laughing:

It is a pain in the ass getting those little damn wires soldered in there....especially the + and -, without messing up the other wires around it, and not letting them short together. In cases like that...liquid electrical tape is your best friend.

Running a return line is not all that bad...just make SURE you have no leaks and there is nothing vibrating/rubbing on the line. I ran mine down beside the brake lines going to the rear of the car. I used a zip tie about every 6-8"
Alright cool. I'm really confident in the return line install. Would the stock settings be cool for me on the Safc-II? I know for fuel I might need to tweak this and that, but my flow might be right around where the 60-1 is or higher.

My safc-ii didnt come with any manuals, so really the best I can do now is just fiddle with it until I get the hang of how it works. I have directions on how to set it up for CN, but really I dont know what I'm doing. I can follow the directions printed, but if someone was to ask me what I was doing, I wouldnt be able to answer them.

I'll take a picture of my fmu and just make it easy to find out where what goes to where.

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Just connect them together man:laughing:

I'm so visual its sad... if you connect everything together in paint I will have a MUCH better idea of how the fmu/pump/pulsator thingy/fuel rail all work together.

Right now its not too clear to me.

· ASSISTANT MASTER MECHANIC
775 Posts
Randy.. How caN U see with that 5in Tac in front of you lol....
I met this dude that had mad problems with his rev hard kit. It was mostly fitment problems.. everything needed to be custom fitted and he still needed a tune...Glad your thinking Cybernation.. Not only am I a member but Ima CN Fan lol

· parts selling freak
588 Posts
i gotta say cybernations has a lot better kit than revhard!!:thumbsup:

· Banned
3,454 Posts
Anybody???

I know there is more than 1 person here running the pump/fmu/return combo. Surely somebody has a clue how everything is routed. I'm just looking for a basic idea of how everything in the bay is connected together.

Lol this is the same thing that happened when I was wondering where the compression housing connected to. Heh, everybody had an answer right after I overboosted.

Hurry up bitches!!!!:p

· Banned
3,454 Posts
This is why randy likes to stick with his paint drawings....

terminal side, feed... cammaaan!

somebody just take 3 minutes and whip up some ghetto paint drawing. I'm not familiar with termainal sides and feed lines... its too technical.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.