Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i went to a dyno day at cybernation, some of the cybernation guys there were rumoring the release of a cheaper kit that the stage I. saying somewhere in the 2500 price range? any news on that. what are the good ole guys from cyber saying.

gav
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,623 Posts
isnt the "cheap kit" the one thats out now??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,623 Posts
lol hopefully their "cheap kit" will be more complete than what they have to offer currently:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,623 Posts
My friend who works at a performance shop said he called cybernation about an install on an rsx and he was having issues with the black magic....their response to the situation was "hit it with a hammer"
 

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
I don't buy that. That sounds like either a crap statement or they were joking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,623 Posts
dupontrsx said:
I don't buy that. That sounds like either a crap statement or they were joking.
Im sure there was a little more to the statement but basically he was saying alot of negatives about the kit....fitment,build quality,etc.....He said it was more thrown together than complete which makes sense because of the amount of problems people have had not getting their kit installed at CN.....

Apparently according to the shop, the kid had huge bills in labor....the shop owner called him and told him its goin to cost more than our estimate but the kid said keep going i want it done no matter what.....When the bill went into the thousands, he had the state get involved but the kid was at fault.....The shop owner told me they were tied up for 2 weeks trying to get that kit done.....crazy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,857 Posts
RsxManJoe said:
Im sure there was a little more to the statement but basically he was saying alot of negatives about the kit....fitment,build quality,etc.....He said it was more thrown together than complete which makes sense because of the amount of problems people have had not getting their kit installed at CN.....

Apparently according to the shop, the kid had huge bills in labor....the shop owner called him and told him its goin to cost more than our estimate but the kid said keep going i want it done no matter what.....When the bill went into the thousands, he had the state get involved but the kid was at fault.....The shop owner told me they were tied up for 2 weeks trying to get that kit done.....crazy
talk about a dipshit shop....damn :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,623 Posts
zotex said:
talk about a dipshit shop....damn :eek:
I doubt the shop was at fault...check it out..pruvenperformance.com


theyve had a great rep espcially with dsms in the northeast....I think super street had a contest between 10 supercars - the shop had thier dsm featured in the article.......I have yet to have first hand experience with the CN kit, but from what ive seen i doubt their quality......one question i gotta ask is why does CN use delta wastegates? tial destroys delta
 

·
ASSISTANT MASTER MECHANIC
Joined
·
2,389 Posts
RsxManJoe said:
Im sure there was a little more to the statement but basically he was saying alot of negatives about the kit....fitment,build quality,etc.....He said it was more thrown together than complete which makes sense because of the amount of problems people have had not getting their kit installed at CN.....

Apparently according to the shop, the kid had huge bills in labor....the shop owner called him and told him its goin to cost more than our estimate but the kid said keep going i want it done no matter what.....When the bill went into the thousands, he had the state get involved but the kid was at fault.....The shop owner told me they were tied up for 2 weeks trying to get that kit done.....crazy
Yo man.. My boy from CT told me about this story... I heard the shop said they would do the install then it took them forever cuz they didnt know wtf they were doing.. then they tried to keep home boys car for ransom... it was some shit like that.. but im sure cn wasnt like just hit it with a hammer.. thats just stupid
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
RsxManJoe said:
My friend who works at a performance shop said he called cybernation about an install on an rsx and he was having issues with the black magic....their response to the situation was "hit it with a hammer"
It sound like crap because it is crap. Whoever this ManJoe guy is always like to take shots at Cybernation for whatever reasons I don't know but don't care. They are too many happy customers with working Cybernation kits out there now for us to affected by some crap statements form someone on the Internet.

But thank goodness for "search" here is what the customer had to say. He is not some kit but a lawyer. "Dispruven Nonperformance" is what he called the shop.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=23237

Topic Forum Author Replies Views Date
Thread: whoooooahhhhh! finally, cybernation salvation package
Post: Cybernation's Great
Preview: I have to eat my words way back when- when I was one of the first kit buyers, I put down a pretty tough post here on them. Turns out it was the installer creating the problems- not Cybernation. So these...
Boost bluestreak 63 2648 10-02-2003
01:46 PM
Thread: Performance stores in CT.
Post: Pruven in CT- Beware, Guys!
Preview: Please look at my post under Regional re turbo-supercharger shops- Pruven took my Cybernation kit way back in April, verbally told me $1100, got nothing done in four months, finally "made it work" (miracle!),...
North East bluestreak 13 134 10-02-2003
01:38 PM
Thread: turbo or super charger shops??
Post: Hey, CT, NY, Mass.-Pruven Performance is a disaster!!!!
Preview: "Dispruven Nonperformance" you mean- They still have my car- delivered in April for a "routine" kitinstallation-after five months! They "couldn't figure out" Cybernation's turbo kit- apparently the only...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,623 Posts
turbotech said:
It sound like crap because it is crap. Whoever this ManJoe guy is always like to take shots at Cybernation for whatever reasons I don't know but don't care. They are too many happy customers with working Cybernation kits out there now for us to affected by some crap statements form someone on the Internet.

But thank goodness for "search" here is what the customer had to say. He is not some kit but a lawyer. "Dispruven Nonperformance" is what he called the shop.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=23237

Topic Forum Author Replies Views Date
Thread: whoooooahhhhh! finally, cybernation salvation package
Post: Cybernation's Great
Preview: I have to eat my words way back when- when I was one of the first kit buyers, I put down a pretty tough post here on them. Turns out it was the installer creating the problems- not Cybernation. So these...
Boost bluestreak 63 2648 10-02-2003
01:46 PM
Thread: Performance stores in CT.
Post: Pruven in CT- Beware, Guys!
Preview: Please look at my post under Regional re turbo-supercharger shops- Pruven took my Cybernation kit way back in April, verbally told me $1100, got nothing done in four months, finally "made it work" (miracle!),...
North East bluestreak 13 134 10-02-2003
01:38 PM
Thread: turbo or super charger shops??
Post: Hey, CT, NY, Mass.-Pruven Performance is a disaster!!!!
Preview: "Dispruven Nonperformance" you mean- They still have my car- delivered in April for a "routine" kitinstallation-after five months! They "couldn't figure out" Cybernation's turbo kit- apparently the only...
Ive never taken a "shot" at CN before these posts.....Its just hard for to believe that pruven is to blame......ive seen their work and its def up to par.....

Other people who have gotten the kit on this site have said its "incomplete" meaning they were still cutting pipes just to make everything fit right.....you still never answered my question about delta wastegates????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
everyone on here is so biased..everything on here is i heard this or i heard that..theres so many stereotypes and rumors here that its alot of bullshit..such as cn is the best..they may be but some people prefer other things..its all preference..stop taking shots at cn..and stop hugging their nuts so tight for u others..like turbotech said for us to affected by some crap statements form someone on the Internet. thats all you nut huggers..cn and greddy are both respectable companies.
 

·
ASSISTANT MASTER MECHANIC
Joined
·
2,389 Posts
Yo Hoo the F is Nut HuggN CN.. Can a MuthaFuKa just be a satisfied customer... I like CN.. I like TurboTech and Boostjunkie... When I got my car worked on they showed me madD Luv and so did everyone else I met a CN. So I returN that LuV in these threads..... I don't look to promote CN.. I only give my opinon based off my experiance with them... The same way b4 I decided on CN, I looked at ever thread bad and good...

This shIt aint biased with out reason son.
If most of these cats on clubrsx are feel'N CN then they feel'N CN..
 

·
...
Joined
·
1,232 Posts
PasSNuBye said:
Yo Hoo the F is Nut HuggN CN.. Can a MuthaFuKa just be a satisfied customer... I like CN.. I like TurboTech and Boostjunkie... When I got my car worked on they showed me madD Luv and so did everyone else I met a CN. So I returN that LuV in these threads..... I don't look to promote CN.. I only give my opinon based off my experiance with them... The same way b4 I decided on CN, I looked at ever thread bad and good...

This shIt aint biased with out reason son.
If most of these cats on clubrsx are feel'N CN then they feel'N CN..
lol good one pep :thumbsup:

Nut HuggN CN WtF?
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top