Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
be careful when getting your car valet parked or having someone else drive it for whatever reason, such as a mechanic/shop. you never know what kind of mistakes people might make.

hell, i drive a type-s and had a plain black shift knob without the shift pattern anywhere, and got so nervous that i ordered an s2k shift knob with the pattern just in case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think its a great dress up for any auto ... even tho ppl flame on ... about dressing up an auto to look like manual.. ...On the cluster clearly shows you ... what drive your in anyways ..
i say its a great write up ... i would do that to my wife's car if she wants it ...

nothing wrong with it ...

·
It's just Teflon...
977 Posts
i think this can work without buying a new console. i just have to find out how...

·
OG Base Crew
4,118 Posts
I did this recently with my interior swap. I actually really like the outcome, coming from a scuffed up auto-plate with an old leather RL knob to oem leather and a gunmetal blox knob makes a huge difference in the look. I have no intentions of passing the car off as a type-s or manual, just did it because it looks boss...And it's my car so I don't care what the haters have to say about it. To each their own, really a nice cosmetic upgrade.

·
Sup Dawg
689 Posts
here is it guys finally got around to doing the diy (sorry if it took so long)

Tools/stuff needed
manual shift boot/ center console thinggy lol

flat head screw driver

universal shift knob

alan wrenches

stapler

you'll turn this or (less ricey lol)

to this (more cool but poser style lol)

first off take off the stock shifter but just twisting it off

then take off the stock red circle thing (mine is red)

Where did you buy the boot piece from and how much? does it give u color options (I have tan interior)

Also can I get http://www.kseriesparts.com/cr/RBT-SHIFT-NEO.html this to fit on it?

:coffee:

·
Sup Dawg
689 Posts
^ whole boot piece comes as one. You can separate it and color change it.

That knob won't fit without putting electrical tape around the threads. It's too wide
Website where I can buy? Or just delray is the cheapest, what part # is it?

Is their any knob that is the same color that can fit it? :wavey:

181 - 200 of 239 Posts