Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 239 Posts

·
i haz gold plated diapers
1,884 Posts
can you just screw on a regular manual shift knob??
nope different screw pitches, the auto one has a smaller opening, i suggest getting the clubrsx auto knob, it looks good and sits higher then stock, here pics of both
stock

crsx knob

errrr and can you just take the whole thing off and add just an shiftboot?? to the auto center console?
no you cant because the auto venter piece doesn't come equipped with the holes for the shiftboot to guide into

·
i haz gold plated diapers
1,884 Posts
So i have to buy the whole console? I just bought a shift boot. Is there any way i could just install that?
i thought the exact same thing bro..but yea u have to get another center console from a 5 or 6 speed...
what are you guys refering to? the whole center console or the shifter cover?? the center console is the same for auto and manual, its just the shifter covers that are different

·
Registered
154 Posts
So.. TS. Do we need a whole center console thing(I'm guessing this is the giant center piece in between driver and passenger seat:dontknow:) from a MT to put the shift boot on? OR can we just replace the PRD plate with the shift boot, and keep the current center console we have:pray:?

·
Boooooootleg
66 Posts
is the center console the same for a manual and a auto?

161 - 180 of 239 Posts