Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

261 - 266 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Guys, I no longer have power assist after removing the SRS module, and cutting the wires leading from the 6p SRS connector to the floor wiring harness. At the same time, the dash was removed, although I believe it was reinstalled correctly.

I have DTC 12, 16, 22, and 23. I'm not getting any power to the torque sensor, and even when wired directly to battery, the torque sensor wires at the BCM 20p connector do not change while rotating the wheel, and are between 0 and 1.5v depending on wire.

I've tried a new BCM and new torque sensor via a new rack (wired / tested while uninstalled), neither effect the symptoms.

I'm starting to think something may be instantly frying the BCM and/or torque sensor, because as far as I can tell the torque sensor is the only issue, and since neither that not the BCM that controls it has any effect...

I have more detailed info of voltages, cut wires, etc. I can give you guys if it would help.

I've called King Motorsports (who makes custom harnesses), honda, and other guys who've built race ep3/dc5 and no luck... Almost sad over here. Please help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Which power steering unit is needed to work with 02 rax type s?
I have found different ones, just want to make sure I get the right one.

·
2002 EBP RSX 5m w/Leather
290 Posts
Which power steering unit is needed to work with 02 rax type s?
I have found different ones, just want to make sure I get the right one.
In the first post he’s referring to the EP3 rack... that is the rack from the 02-05 Civic Si hatch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So first thing I did was go inside the car and run the new wiring harness threw the location of the stock wiring harness. Under the carpet footboard for the gas pedal. Then pulled the wire out into the engine bay and up to the eps rack

Now I mounted my box and plugged it in

But we need power! For this I made a custom plug into the factory plug and ran a power wire out the fender to my fuse box. You can either go to the fuse box like I did or go to the battery like Loza did. I went to the fuse box because I relocated both box and battery and my box was closer!

and here is where I went into the fuse box. I decided to add a inline fuse. I used the power source on the left which is coming straight from the batter. So if you wanted you go also go straight to the battery instead of the fuse box. But for me my fuse box is closer than my battery.

I then cut a small opening for the cable on the lid
Excellent information. Thank you for going into great detail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
reviving this thread.. there seems to be more problems with these racks than ones that work, im hesitating a little on doing this on my 05 but i did pull a whole system today from a 04 civic hybrid.. and took 2 extra bcu from the other hybrids on the yard an 03 and another 04. Is this swap worth the trouble or should I just sell the whole swap?

261 - 266 of 266 Posts