Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
how much did you get your bcu for? and how do you have it wired up to the ecu? A18,E26,E9?
Ukinayo...yeh man...Ill go see what i got along with the wire colors to see if its correct. I used the pin out found on the Hondata site...thats gotta be the issue i guess....

Check your wiring again. I did check it 2 time and i didnt find out i had bad wiring until i check the the third time

futuremonster...Ill check it

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
the blue w/white to white w/green??

what pin out is that on what ecu connector?
that is the wire that was on the pin per the pin out on the Hondata site...when looking at the connector from the wire side, the clip is supposted to be on top of the connector with respect to the pic?...just making sure because thats what i did and those were the wires i came up with...

this is the pin out diagram i used
http://www.hondata.com/help/kmanager/

just was not working at all because i had the Yellow that goes to pin E9 IGN power (this is IGN to let the BCU know when engine is running)miss placed

Ok...well mine is doing something...just not what its supposed to do...

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
that is the wire that was on the pin per the pin out on the Hondata site...when looking at the connector from the wire side, the clip is supposted to be on top of the connector with respect to the pic?...just making sure because thats what i did and those were the wires i came up with...

well if you need a bcu i have one pm me

·
SOFAKINGDOM
646 Posts

have you found your problem?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
so I tried it out....kinda...

I went over all the wires, good voltage and runs good up on jack stands and put it in gear and no issues....

I need to man up and put it on the ground and see what she does...I'll report back when I test it out...

·
0 Posts
Anyone have better pics of the how they powered the control module? this initial post says they "made a custom plug into the factory plug" -- what does that look like??
I used a barrel fuse holder as the connector, then a 4GA cable to the battery for power.

·
Super Moderator
23,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Anyone have better pics of the how they powered the control module? this initial post says they "made a custom plug into the factory plug" -- what does that look like??

I have it all apart I will snap a picture... it's just a regular O-Ring connector and I cut the sides down to fit into the plug.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Eps troubles

Installed eps in my 05 rsx type s couple months ago and everything was working fine..til last month I switched out my stock stereo to a pioneer avh.. My eps went out a week later after installing the new stereo. I then figured the fuse for the power steering went out and replaced it and it started working again til a couple days later the eps stopped working again. This time the fuse was fine but after testing the eps computer I figured out the computer was now bad. I checked all wiring and it was fine, I also checked all the ground and that was fine... Any ideas about what's wrong and how I can prevent this from happening again?

·
SOFAKINGDOM
646 Posts
Installed eps in my 05 rsx type s couple months ago and everything was working fine..til last month I switched out my stock stereo to a pioneer avh.. My eps went out a week later after installing the new stereo. I then figured the fuse for the power steering went out and replaced it and it started working again til a couple days later the eps stopped working again. This time the fuse was fine but after testing the eps computer I figured out the computer was now bad. I checked all wiring and it was fine, I also checked all the ground and that was fine... Any ideas about what's wrong and how I can prevent this from happening again?
How do know the eps computer is bad? Also Did you get a volt meter and check the incoming power line to the eps computer before and after the fuse? Also did you check if power is coming out of the computer to the rack?

·
Registered
59 Posts
How do know the eps computer is bad? Also Did you get a volt meter and check the incoming power line to the eps computer before and after the fuse? Also did you check if power is coming out of the computer to the rack?
Well we figured it was the computer once i plugged the computer into my friends rsx that had eps also and the power steering stopped working on his car also.ill try that volt meter check and see how it goes.

·
0 Posts
I have a suspicion that the EPS BCU is very sensitive to shorts or voltage spikes. A friend's we were doing the install on had it working one moment, then dead, as you described, and there was a "shorting" incident with one of the hot supply lines in the middle of all that.

61 - 80 of 264 Posts