Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

841 - 860 of 866 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
And yet Hondata insists that KPro isn't compatible with automatics. I know it can be done with an adapter, I've seen the examples on here, but that leads me to believe that there's no special calibration for automatics over manuals, therefore KPro's RSX base manual setting is just as 'wrong' as you guys seem to think the stock TSX five speed auto ECU is. So thanks, but I'm looking for real information. I wish I was in a position to try this now rather than later, because Internet searching is proving worthless for info.

Looking for pinouts now. RSX was easy enough to find, still hunting for TSX's...
Sorry man, I didnt relize you are talking about an automatic tranny. All i know about this is that Hondata was able to bypass the DBW when they were testing the TSX and had it hooked up to and RSX Types that was KPro'd. You might want to reach out to them and see if they will share what six wires they ran.That was with a manual trans though.

https://www.hondata.com/tech-tuning-tsx

Connecting the K-Pro involved an adapter harness and an Accord throttle body to replace the drive by wire throttle body. The throttle cable already exists and just needs to be moved. A throttle cable holder for the manifold was fabricated, but probably could have been purchased for a Honda Accord. About 6 wires were run to read the throttle position and control the idle (functions that are automatically handled by the drive by wire) The downside of this conversion is that the instrument cluster, air conditioning and vehicle stability assist did not work. ABS was not affected.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
JByron, I do not want to mod, that's why I'm swapping instead of modding what I've got and just getting KPro for the A3. I want to retain factory reliability as much as possible.

the stock tsx ecu motor would not know the gear ratios of the rsx
Gear ratios for the automatic and manual RSX base models are not the same. Hence why I don't think KPro's calibration would be any better than TSX's.

if your looking for pinouts?? Your going to make a custom harness so your tsx ecu talks to the rsx wiring??
I just want to make sure pinouts are the same, RSX vs TSX:

Tsx is dbw, rsx uses throttle cable, that's probably your biggest problem wiring wise, tsx ecu will probably freak out with out feed back from throttle
This I did not know, thanks. But if a normal throttle position sensor would give the ECU the same info, this could be easy to work around. Im not terribly unfamiliar with wiring. That said, once I find TSX pinouts I can get a clue as to how much of a headache going non-KPro would be.

Sorry if I come off as being a PITA, but in my mind it's so much simpler to use an engine's correct computer than to get a tuned one with a base map that I then have to take in to a tuner to make sure it's running properly. I do not trust pre-made base maps for more than limping a car around. As much as a swap would cost, if all I cared about was power, I may as well get KPro for the A3 and build that.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The downside of this conversion is that the instrument cluster, air conditioning and vehicle stability assist did not work. ABS was not affected.
Holy crap, what? Lol.

Is stability assist a TSX thing? If that's the case, I would think it's associated with the transmission (likely in conjunction with ABS). All the more reason to get a trans mount fabbed up to shoehorn the TSX gearbox in for a proper conversion.

A/C is an odd thing to have malfunction...

·
DC5 PR
26 Posts
Ktuner?

I have an 05 RSX-S, with Ktuner, will Ktuner ECU work for a K24 swap?

·
Saul
486 Posts
Quick question

I have an 02 type s. I have an 06 k24a2 that I'll be swapping in. I purchased a new type s crank pulley, type s water pump, type s serpentine belt and a type s belt tensioner. Will these parts work fine on the k24a2 motor ? I want to make sure I got the right parts. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hell yeah!!

I used this guide a couple years ago and all went well.

Now I’m taking the build further by building the k24a2 for boost and should be done soon. This is where it all started though.

You’re a legend man

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reviving this old thread, just swapped a 06 tsx k24a2 swap into my 06 rsx type s. Cars running rich Rn need to get a fuel rail and adjustable fuel regulators, any recommendations which one I should get? Also need to get K-Pro and a tune how long can I drive the car without k pro? Cars running good right now just scared of running it without K-Pro

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Reviving this old thread, just swapped a 06 tsx k24a2 swap into my 06 rsx type s. Cars running rich Rn need to get a fuel rail and adjustable fuel regulators, any recommendations which one I should get? Also need to get K-Pro and a tune how long can I drive the car without k pro? Cars running good right now just scared of running it without K-Pro
Did you even read the first post in the thread? You know, the all capital bold lettering? No swap should be done without Kpro or another EMS. Do yourself a favor and buy it as soon as possible.

The stock ECU can run the motor but it'll be lean, so you're right to be scared. I suggest keeping out of the throttle and not letting your RPM's go over 3.5-4k. To be quite honest, I wouldn't drive it at all, unless you have more cash to drop on a new motor and swap it again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did you even read the first post in the thread? You know, the all capital bold lettering? No swap should be done without Kpro or another EMS. Do yourself a favor and buy it as soon as possible.

The stock ECU can run the motor but it'll be lean, so you're right to be scared. I suggest keeping out of the throttle and not letting your RPM's go over 3.5-4k. To be quite honest, I wouldn't drive it at all, unless you have more cash to drop on a new motor and swap it again.[/QUOTE]
Just wanted to see exactly why but makes sense now, once I get the kpro on my ECU is it mandatory to tune right away? Don’t have all the bolts on I want right now so want to hold off on the tune until I do

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

The stock ECU can run the motor but it'll be lean, so you're right to be scared. I suggest keeping out of the throttle and not letting your RPM's go over 3.5-4k. To be quite honest, I wouldn't drive it at all, unless you have more cash to drop on a new motor and swap it again.
Just wanted to see exactly why but makes sense now, once I get the kpro on my ECU is it mandatory to tune right away? Don’t have all the bolts on I want right now so want to hold off on the tune until I do[/QUOTE]

There's a stock TSX calibration that comes with Kpro. It's for the 04/05 motor, but it will work for the 06-08 until you get tuned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I’m planning on doing a K24A from a jdm TSX, it’s basically the tsx k24a2, and I have a base rsx 2006 and I wanted to make sure that the list of things I need to do the swap is correct, first of I know i need to get 02-04 ecu probably from a base and get krpo since I’m planning on using the base 5 speed harness, also the crv passenger mount, I’ll also be getting a rbc intake manifold ported to 70mm With a 70mm throttle body, along with swapping Over sensors and things like PS, Alternator etc, I’ve also read that some wires need to be extended and rewire some things, can someone explain what exact wires need to be messed with and since the k20a3 manifold has some wiring for the intake can I just get rid of those? Also I know it’s taller than the k20 will there be any issues with the hood or anything else, and will AC be able to work or will it have to be eliminated? The only thing that worries me is the wiring since it can get confusing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys im swapping k24a2 to 2004 acura rsx type s. im getting confused. some people say i need to swap k20 water pump and k20 water passsage to k24?

·
Always on TDY...
2,186 Posts
hi guys im swapping k24a2 to 2004 acura rsx type s. im getting confused. some people say i need to swap k20 water pump and k20 water passsage to k24?
You can keep your k20 water pump. You need a intake manifold adapter. I have the Hasport K-series intake manifold adapter, but there are others.

·
Registered
2003 Acura Rsx type s
31 Posts
So if anyone can help that'd be great I'm doing a k24 swap into type s it's a jdm motor and I'm looking at the k20 and it has a port of some sort coming out of the head k24 don't can anyone tell me what that is? Right side back of the head?? Tried looking through the helms and couldn't find what it is

841 - 860 of 866 Posts