Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

861 - 866 of 866 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Acura Rsx type s
31 Posts
Oil cooler? Type s has one not sure about k24
Thanks, I figured it out awhile ago it was a outlet/inlet for a heater hose on the k20a2. My k24a didn't come with the upper coolant housing so i just had to figure out what I was missing. I deleted all coolant hoses but to head, upper rad and thermostat to rad. It's already getting a rotrex k24 wasn't enough for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, I figured it out awhile ago it was a outlet/inlet for a heater hose on the k20a2. My k24a didn't come with the upper coolant housing so i just had to figure out what I was missing. I deleted all coolant hoses but to head, upper rad and thermostat to rad. It's already getting a rotrex k24 wasn't enough for me.
I plan on doing a k24 swap (TSX), what made you stay away from k24?

·
Registered
2003 Acura Rsx type s
31 Posts
I think you misunderstood, I have a jdm k24a so it's the Japanese version of the k24a2 out of a tsx with VTEC. And im supercharging it. Nothing wrong the the k24 just not enough hp for me in general stock
I plan on doing a k24 swap (TSX), what made you stay away from k24?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you misunderstood, I have a jdm k24a so it's the Japanese version of the k24a2 out of a tsx with VTEC. And im supercharging it. Nothing wrong the the k24 just not enough hp for me in general stock
Totally read that wrong, cool I want to do the same thing. I just made an account so I can start learning a thing or two. I plan on running a turbo myself but... 1 step at a time lol

·
Registered
2003 Acura Rsx type s
31 Posts
Totally read that wrong, cool I want to do the same thing. I just made an account so I can start learning a thing or two. I plan on running a turbo myself but... 1 step at a time lol
Yeah dont get ahead of yourself take it one step at a time. I have the same issue, doing too much at once. But I would put the k24 in and get a feel for it, it's a nice motor I'm just never satisfied. But I swapped my motor, first swap I've done too with just this forum and a helms, there isn't much to it.. unhook, unbolt, take out and put in.

861 - 866 of 866 Posts