Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
You know what it is
159 Posts
Yep. Got mine today, just waiting on the new donut gasket. I was a little disappointed to find no new header to block gasket came with it. I wonder if I should replace the bolts and nuts also.

·
I miss my DC5
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yep. Got mine today, just waiting on the new donut gasket. I was a little disappointed to find no new header to block gasket came with it. I wonder if I should replace the bolts and nuts also.
it'll look slightly better with new stainless bolts, but they wont make much difference otherwise. Also, the header is on the back of the engine, so most likely, you're probably the only one who will notice.

·
You know what it is
159 Posts
Ya I told my Dad it's probably a bling thing but he is such a perfectionist and his "Old rusty bolts" quotes are getting to me lol. He spent wayyyy to much time over reacting on new bolts, gaskets, etc when he had his 69 Camaro in High School from what my mom says lol.

·
You know what it is
159 Posts
I just finished installing mine. The only stupid thing is the base has a bracket with two arms instead of one. The arms didn't quite line up with the header, but when I tightened the bolts down it brought it up to it I guess this is ok cuz if anything bends it'll be the bracket arms right?

There doesn't seem to be any slack now so the rubber hangar is pretty useless since there is no wiggle hope I didn't tighten something down too tight.

Last but, not least, I was disappointed to find the vibrant performance donut gasket (smaller one) didn't fit my header, I guess I need to shave it around the inside a bit? Fpr now I'm rocking my stock one but, I wanna get the vibrant performance one on soon.

·
Super Master Member
2,180 Posts
How much was the gasket?
ive used my same gasket on 2 different test pipes, and 2 different downpipes and it still works perfect. as long as its not visibly destroyed or mangled you should be able to re use it.

·
You know what it is
159 Posts
I just bought another OEM one.

I am a little worried about the way it all bolted down. There seems to be no slack now from the downpipe to the exhaust like there used to be. It looks as though the connection to the header holds more of the tension than the rubber hangar on the downpipe. Is this safe/ok?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just did this install myself. I would highly recommend replacing the spring bolts and the gasket by the down pipe especially if you have 02-04 a few more years of wear and tear. Other than that great right up.

a question I did have was what should you use to replace the stock heat shield? won't it get to hot?

Other than that great right up!

·
I miss my DC5
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just did this install myself. I would highly recommend replacing the spring bolts and the gasket by the down pipe especially if you have 02-04 a few more years of wear and tear. Other than that great right up.

a question I did have was what should you use to replace the stock heat shield? won't it get to hot?

Other than that great right up!
You don't need a heat shield.

·
Registered
51 Posts
For anyone with the DC Shorty Header, were you able to screw into the third hole on the header flange that meets up with the cat? The spring bolt holes lined up fine, but the bracket for the third hole is about half an inch off...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yea I screwed it in but it effected the rest of my exhaust, it was hitting the frame of the car so I had to make adjustments

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm having the same problem as Gnomeaga. Most times when I start the car I hear a metal clanging sound. I've isolated the problem to the stock muffler area. Any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I didn't hang the exhaust from the the stock hangers, I sorta ghetto rigged it so I didn't hear it hitting, I'm going to switch the header for a full race header, I had the money but I got a deal on a seibin cf Hood that I couldn't pass up

·
LowKeyDC5
44 Posts
dude where did you buy your gasket at???....its hard to find one...let me know asap :thumbsup:

21 - 38 of 38 Posts